• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom - irritability fix?

St3ve

Bluelighter
So kratom works great but I've noticed I get irritable once the dose starts to wear off. On days where I also microdose LSD this isn't as much of an issue, but I can't always microdose when taking kratom. Are there other supplements/combos I could do to reduce the irritability?

Some types of kratom tend to cause a more agitated mindset than others. Have you tried switching the kind of kratom you are using?
And are you prone to opioid-induced irritability in general?

Good suggestions so far. Just wanted to add:

Sometimes just reducing your dose can help. An excess of any side effect, like irritability, could just be a sign you're taking too much. Some people, not everyone of course, find smaller doses still pretty effective with the added bonus of less side effects... And there is a whole bunch of kratom users that swear up and down that "less is more". Might be worth a shot.

^Thank you was going to add that in @MDPV_Psychosis. If OP is taking high amounts (which of course is all dependent on what a "high amount" is for the OP) then the irritability can really overwhelm the good vibes. Especially if taking a more stimulating strain.

I do take white strains as these are the more helpful for what I want out of kratom (added motivation and focus on boring/repetitive tasks at works). I recently got a white borneo instead of my usual white sumatra and I do find it a little smoother feeling. My doses I think however are already on the low side. For work I'll take 1.5g and maybe another 1g later in the day. In the weekend to do cleaning in the house/for fun I might treat myself to a 3.5g dose. Going much higher than that doesn't produce a better effect.

I've tried red and green strains but wasn't much of a fan, they don't help with focus and motivation but rather tend to make feel a little out of it. I have 0 experience with any other opioids so can't comment on that.

I used to always smoke weed with kratom, and maybe that's why the irritability is only obvious to me now. I don't smoke daily anymore though so it's not an option at the moment. Perhaps I could try order some CBD capsules though?

I've never heard of black seed oil, I'll look into that! Meanwhile I've read elsewhere that L-theanine can also help. Anyone have experience with that?