• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom induced extreme blood pressure spike?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Yesterday I left work because my legs went numb, I couldn’t walk right, I was profusely sweating and vomiting and I felt I could faint at any moment.

I went to urgent care and my blood pressure was 181/105 pulse was elevated to 90-120.

Before work I took 3 capsules of OPMS gold and a 200 mg caffeine pill. I also stopped taking clonidine a week ago so my
Blood pressure was probably already slightly elevated.

But why would Kratom do this? Did I overdose? It was a very scary experience. The night before I took 3 capsules so maybe it was too much for me? Not sure but I’m done with the Kratom

I was profusely sweating and vomiting and I felt I could faint at any moment.

Sounds like too much kratom. Or mitragynine rather. 3 OPMS gold capsules is something like 300mg of mitragynine, which is equivalent to something like 25 grams. Those extracts have done the same to me.

Oddly enough ever since I got the COVID-19 vaccine kratom extracts make me unbearably dizzy. I had a weird reaction to the second moderna shot that seemed to fuck with my inner ear (seemed to induce vestibular neuritis) and a single OPMS liquid shot makes me dizzy and feel like shit. Or perhaps they changed the formula. Or perhaps both.

Yeah. Sounds like the kratom/ caffeine combo really spiked your BP dangerously. Glad you are OK. Scary shit, huh?

When I overdo the kratom ( and especially with coffee ) I sweat profusely even in cold temps and I start burping really bad. No vomiting but close.

I don't go higher than 7 grams of regular powder anymore. Just takes all the benefits out of it.

Take care.

kratom, I believe, is anecdotally known to lower blood pressure (I think?), or at least there is talk on the internet of it being used to manage hypertension, but I never verified that.

but personally a large kratom + caffeine dose in the morning can be quite stimulating and a bit too much for me (especially with cannabis/d8 on top), but I've never felt it spike my BP, and I've had stage 1/2 hypertension for years

kratom itself always makes me a bit dizzy, but not unbearably

that combo will definitely get your blood pumping

I have had episodes of profuse sweating and dizziness in the morning - but it wasn't kratom or caffeine or anything, I'm not sure what caused it

I think this has something to do with it. How long were you taking clonidine, and did you stop taking it suddenly or taper? Rebound hypertension is common for people that stop taking it suddenly.

"It is concluded that the clonidine withdrawal phenomenon (in the paper this is mainly focused on BP) is a frequently occurring and potentially dangerous syndrome. Overactivity of the sympathetic nervous system is mainly responsible, without the mediation of the renin angiotensin system. This also explains our experience that adrenergic beta-receptor blocking drugs do not prevent the rise in BP, although they alleviate some of the symptoms."
this would make sense, from my own experience (years of hypertension) I really don't think it's the kratom - or at least that's not the root cause, maybe it exacerbated