• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Kratom in the morning and 30mg oxycodone at night

mushroomking1220

Greenlighter
If i took this combination daily how much trouble would I have getting off just the oxy, If i wanted to stop taking the 30mg oxy nightly and just kratom twice a day instead. Would the kratom pretty much take away the noticeable withdrawals? Or should I use a benzo/gabapentin to get off of it? Also wondering how long the oxy withdrawal is going to be noticeable while replacing my nightly dose of oxy with a second dose of kratom instead.

1. How much kratom do you take, and for how long

2. How long have you been taking 30mg oxy/day

we can go from there with advice, also list any pertinent history with these drugs in the past

Why not start lowering your nightly dose while adding/increasing kratom, so instead of 30mg at night do 20mg and a couple grams of kratom, do that till you level off then drop another 10mg at night and add more kratom till your off, I figure that be the least painful

Why not start lowering your nightly dose while adding/increasing kratom, so instead of 30mg at night do 20mg and a couple grams of kratom, do that till you level off then drop another 10mg at night and add more kratom till your off, I figure that be the least painful
well i don’t combine both. I take kratom anywhere from 6-12 hours before the oxy.

I take about 5.5g each time or one leaf tea, and used to take kratom everyday about 11-14g a day and often kratom extracts instead too for over a year I would say. However now I usually just take 5.5g a day and take the one dose of oxy at night. I have only been taking the oxy consistently daily about 6 days but before that I would still use it multiple times a week such as every other day, every other 2 days, 3 times a week, 2 times a week etc. and this has probably gone on for 3-4 months at the very most.
1. How much kratom do you take, and for how long

2. How long have you been taking 30mg oxy/day

we can go from there with advice, also list any pertinent history with these drugs in the past

If i took this combination daily how much trouble would I have getting off just the oxy, If i wanted to stop taking the 30mg oxy nightly and just kratom twice a day instead. Would the kratom pretty much take away the noticeable withdrawals? Or should I use a benzo/gabapentin to get off of it? Also wondering how long the oxy withdrawal is going to be noticeable while replacing my nightly dose of oxy with a second dose of kratom instead.
I saw another user mention this, but yeah, Increasing your kratom intake while simultaneously decreasing your oxycodone intake should work effectively. The only problem I could see arising is in the fact that mytraginine/7-hydroxymytaginine content in kratom can vary immensely. For this reason I would recommend finding one good source/strain of kratom, finding what out what dose works best for you, and sticking to that source in order to avoid withdrawals.

Ideally, I would start by experimenting with the decreases that you're proposing. We can all discuss different possibilities and our experiences are valuable, but nothing will be more informative than you actually trying and seeing what happens. I would begin by trying a small decrease and determining how tolerable the effects of the taper are for you. Knowing that you can always go back to your original dose can be some mental reassurance. Even if it is intolerable, you have a way out, so why not try something a little more bold?

I would start personally by replacing the dosage of Oxycodone as proposed with the Kratom. I would see if you can make it through a couple of days like this to get a true feel for how the reduction is going to effect your sleep. If this is intolerable, then you can try something a little easier, like reducing the dosage of Oxycodone over the course of several days until you reach zero. In general, I think stepping down like this is a good idea for any taper whenever it is possible. A lot of folks try to bite off more than they can chew early on with the best of intentions only to set themselves up for failure.

Maybe you can try one of these options and get your feet wet. Then you can come back to us and we can help you plan your next moves. Like any good general, I would keep the Gabapentinoids in reserve. Don't add anything extra into the mix if you're already capable of doing it yourself. You very well might require the Gabapentinoids to help you achieve your goals, but I would be conservative and wait. I think at least this gives you a good place to start.