• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom - How to make ingestion pleasurable?

And trust me man, applesauce aint got shit on yogurt when it comes to kratom. the twangyness and sweetness of yogurt, plus the creamy smooth texture really helps with the taste and texture of kratom.

This!

Having tried both applesauce and yogurt, I can honestly say yogurt is a whole different ball park, whereas applesauce made me want to puke.
But for the last few years I started encapsuling my Gold Reserve Kratom and this way I only take 2 capsules (size 00) to get where I want to be and I won't ever turn back!!

Last edited:
Gold Reserve, eh? Not sure what strength the stuff I had was. How many grams of it are you able to fit into each 00 capsule?

Gold Reserve, eh? Not sure what strength the stuff I had was. How many grams of it are you able to fit into each 00 capsule?

I take 525mg/capsule, including the weight of the capsule. So less than a gram each time. It's one of the most potent extract I know of.

As for Kava, it is a nice high, but it doesn't comes near the quality of the Kratom high. It's like the relaxation of alcohol minus the inebriationg, very clear-headed.
It tastes way better than Kratom also, and as a tea it's excellent.

It tastes way better than Kratom also, and as a tea it's excellent.

Good to know.

Also I've heard some bad things about the extracts, so I stayed away from them when looking for that sample. I read something where it said people were having kidney problems and such where they were using acetone (and some other stuff I can't remember) to reduce it down. I don't know if its true or not, but I've got weak kidneys anyways, so I stayed away from it. Know anything about that?

Any one had any experience with kava? The free sample of Kratom I ordered came with a sample of kava too, and I haven't decided to try it yet, as the preparation is a little more work than I've felt like doing recently. From what I read, one of the main effects seems to be a state of "clear-mindedness". Any ideas if it actually gives you a clear mind, or you just feel like you have one like you do when you're drunk?

I don't know about 'clear-mindedness'. It has sedative effects similar to benzos but more 'earthy'. The buzz is quite enjoyable I find. Just make sure it's the good Vanantu or Fijian root and not capsules.
If by 'preparation', you mean the traditional way of doing it- yeah, it's a pain in the ass. There's no need to do that. You can simply throw it in a blender or toss and wash. Not much more trouble than brewing a tea or making a smoothie.

Why not? I know it doesn't really do any good, but some people still prefer to use it, and I don't think its against the ToU.

It certainly IS against the BLUA:
http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)
" Further, the use of ineffective self-incrimination avoidance terms is forbidden. Terms include but are not limited to: SWIM; my dog; my cat; a mouse; my pet hamster."
It also makes posts very annoying to read. Personally, I refuse to read any posts that use it. I want to drown SWIM in a bathtub.

Last edited:
I don't know about 'clear-mindedness'. It has sedative effects similar to benzos but more 'earthy'. The buzz is quite enjoyable I find. Just make sure it's the good Vanantu or Fijian root and not capsules.
If by 'preparation', you mean the traditional way of doing it- yeah, it's a pain in the ass. There's no need to do that. You can simply throw it in a blender or toss and wash. Not much more trouble than brewing a tea or making a smoothie.

Thanks for the info, I might have to try it tomorrow night. Also, I heard that Kava works better when mixed with something high in fat, such as whole milk. I don't know what the stuff tastes like yet, but I've read its not too bad that way. This has definitely piqued my interest on the substance.

It certainly IS against the BLUA:
http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)
" Further, the use of ineffective self-incrimination avoidance terms is forbidden. Terms include but are not limited to: SWIM; my dog; my cat; a mouse; my pet hamster."
It also makes posts very annoying to read. Personally, I refuse to read any posts that use it. I want to drown SWIM in a bathtub.

Ah, I was unaware of this. I don't use it, I've just read it for so long I don't even really notice it anymore. Old habits die hard I suppose.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I might have to try it tomorrow night. Also, I heard that Kava works better when mixed with something high in fat, such as whole milk. I don't know what the stuff tastes like yet, but I've read its not too bad that way. This has definitely piqued my interest on the substance.

It tastes like mud, which is much better than kratom tea, true. Still not a taste I really enjoy. I'm been doing a reverse toss and wash with it lately. No real taste and your mouth doesn't get numb.. something else I'm not a fan of really.
If you 'brew' it, definitely do it with something with high lipid content, if for no other reason than to make it palatable.

Well, damn. I was hoping it would be pleasant. I'm gonna have to do some research on a recipe for the stuff then. Its not worth buying anymore of if I can't enjoy the process.

Some people seem to like it. I suppose it's not all that bad. It's not really tea-like at all because it's a root. I'm not sure what you could do to improve it besides using sweeteners.
You really seem set on making kratom and kava 'fun' and the 'process' enjoyable. I suppose it could be in it's own way if you manage to develop a taste for them and a ritual around them. You're probably better off to consider the neurochemical process instead. That's where the real enjoyment happens! The methods of consumption are just a means to an end.
Who knows, you may love the taste. Try and try again!

I consider myself a fairly decent cook so I should be able to come up with something. I don't know what it is, I just like to enjoy the process. You've been helpful in all your replies though, and I appreciate it. If I come up with something good I'll be sure to let you know.

I wouldn't say its fun, but I'm so used to it I use a card as a scoop and just drop it on my tongue making sure it stays on my tongue and I wash it down with water. If it gets off your tongue and gets all in your teeth then you will taste it but honestly I don't even taste it much anymore.

I've only made tea with it one time and I made it wayy too strong so I'm kind of turned off by the tea...can't remember the exact recipe but just boil water with the desired amount for 10 mins maybe then strain it through a cloth or a really small strainer...your going to have a goop left over so what I did is kept boiling the green pile of goop 2 more times and repeating the process.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned plugging kratom tea. I you boil it down to about 10 ml it will fit into a regular child medicine syringe. I have tried it and it works great.

I have always used the maeng da capsules. Tbh I started using normal opiates after a kratom kick and kratom completely sucks compared to oxy/hydro/ etc

I'm surprised no one has suggested extracting the alkaloids using some solvent, then filtering the powder and evaporating the solvent. Fill a capsule with the resulting material.
While I haven't tried kratom (yet), it sounds like a good idea.

personally i don't mind the taste so i put water in my mouth, put kratom in and try to swallow before it hits my tounge then drink some more water. the only way to avoid the taste would be to cap it.

kratom is disgusting, the mental an physical effects are quite nice exept for one major thing, you feel terrible in your stomach ill and poisoned and that pretty much ruins it. plus it will constipate you for days. you want to go on believing its not an opiate go on telling yourself that, but once you experience the withdrawls you may reconsider that statement. it is a strong substance. it has hallucinogenic properties. it can make you restless and anxious instead of relaxed like any other opiate. usually it will be a godsend for any type of severe anxiety... but not always. i always mixed it in applesauce. it tasted like shit but i cant think of anything better. tried alot of things... the thought of mixing it with yogurt makes me want to puke tho...

regardless your effects from the kratom will be super magnified if you take it with a little citric acid, i think there is some in applesauce, and a shot of vodka will REaLLY intensify it.

you might want to be prepared for some hallucinogenic effects particularly visual. last time i took a large dose i saw a big red frog on my back porch it tripped me out so bad i stared at it for like an hour while taking pictures. it was a cool frog tho. you will also be very sensitive to sounds....

kratom is a fine powder and i dont recommend putting the dry powder into your mouth because the light microscopic powder is easily breathed into the lungs. it wont kill you but i wouldnt do it all the time. when i dont put it in applesause i put it in apple juice or water and stir it occasionally for about 3-4 minutes until all the dry powder has turned wet and it takes quite a bit of stirring. or you can just leave it there for 10 minutes that usually works too. then down it and try not to barf and then you will have to refill the cup like 4 times to get most of the powder as it all sticks to the side... always. then take the vodka shot or beer or whatever. now have fun with your complete pain relief but massive nausea.

you can parachute it or put it in capsules, much easier to down this way, but a few minutes later you are going to be tasting it in your stomach in every breath and burp anyways

ps-kratom can cause shakiness, delirium, and some major respitory depression, i know this from experience. i have experienced some major reslessness on it as well.

last time i took it i did a ton of greuling physical work all day long, in the sun, and felt no pain, nor did i get tired or hungry all day long. i worked like a horse. next day tho i was really sore

another thing. you wont sleep right.

another thing. you will have disturbing loud ringing in the ears after a couple days.

same thing happens with oxycodone.

another thing. you wont sleep right.

another thing. you will have disturbing loud ringing in the ears after a couple days.

same thing happens with oxycodone.

Dude what the hell are you talking about? You took something else besides kratom because I can guarantee kratom will not make you see an imaginary RED FROG or any other visual hallucination like that. Also I have never experienced a ringing in the ears after use? I'm not saying you didn't experience these things but they are not from kratom.

aaaand NEVER take kratom with alcohol.

Dude what the hell are you talking about? You took something else besides kratom because I can guarantee kratom will not make you see an imaginary RED FROG or any other visual hallucination like that. Also I have never experienced a ringing in the ears after use? I'm not saying you didn't experience these things but they are not from kratom.

aaaand NEVER take kratom with alcohol.

Since he took pictures of it, I guess there really was a red frog, and Kratom made it more beautiful or fascinating. Still a strange effect though.