• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom, How many caps should i take my first time?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
I've never used Kratom before. I was at the stor and decided to grab a bag of "Live Well" Kratom caps.

How many should I take?
Should i take it with food?
Does it have any bad reactions with any medications or cigarettes?

depends on how much is in each cap... 500mg? 750mg?

what are you trying to do, get pleasant stimulation or get an opioid high?

Just take 1-3g and see if you even like it. If you are on meds start at just 1-2 to see if it interacts

3-6g will give you some stronger effects, light euphoria and some sedation and minor pain relief

6-9g sedation becomes stronger, but stimulation also remains, opioid effects start to appear, minor to moderate euphoria - side effects will become apparent like nausea, tremors

10g+ with no tolerance = overdose territory, puking your brains out, dysphoria, tremors, double vision...... do not go over 10g unless you have built up tolerance

kratom does interact with MANY different medications, but I don't have much experience in this department so start very low and test the waters - I was taking an anticonvulsant once and kratom + that gave me extreme tremors and muscle jerks which were very uncomfortable

take it on an empty stomach because it hits you within 30 minutes, on food it takes forever to hit you

depends on how much is in each cap... 500mg? 750mg?

what are you trying to do, get pleasant stimulation or get an opioid high?

Just take 1-3g and see if you even like it. If you are on meds start at just 1-2 to see if it interacts

3-6g will give you some stronger effects, light euphoria and some sedation and minor pain relief

6-9g sedation becomes stronger, but stimulation also remains, opioid effects start to appear, minor to moderate euphoria - side effects will become apparent like nausea, tremors

10g+ with no tolerance = overdose territory, puking your brains out, dysphoria, tremors, double vision...... do not go over 10g unless you have built up tolerance

kratom does interact with MANY different medications, but I don't have much experience in this department so start very low and test the waters - I was taking an anticonvulsant once and kratom + that gave me extreme tremors and muscle jerks which were very uncomfortable

take it on an empty stomach because it hits you within 30 minutes, on food it takes forever to hit you

I guess i should have specified. i'm not on any major medication. i was more wondering about over the counter stuff like Advil or allergy relief pills. things like that.

The packaging for these is horrible. it doesn't give any information. no idea the strength of the the pills.

I guess i should have specified. i'm not on any major medication. i was more wondering about over the counter stuff like Advil or allergy relief pills. things like that.

The packaging for these is horrible. it doesn't give any information. no idea the strength of the the pills.
It's not going to interact with anything OTC, don't worry

Every headshop pills of kratom I've seen were either 500mg or 750mg.... but it should at least have that info on the back of the packaging, odd if it doesn't.

Assume they are 750mg then and start there.

It's not going to interact with anything OTC, don't worry

Every headshop pills of kratom I've seen were either 500mg or 750mg.... but it should at least have that info on the back of the packaging, odd if it doesn't.

Assume they are 750mg then and start there.

Thank you for your help. i weighed them. 20 pills came out to 10g so 500mg a pill. if anything they're under that because the capsule its self accounts for a bit of that weight.

you would say 3g (6 pills) is a good starting point?

yes, 3g is a good starting point to just see if you like it or not,

you will get some energy like a cup of coffee and some minor pain relief like aspirin or something

lasts ~2-4 hrs

thanks a lot!
anytime, and just remember to take it easy as it can be moderately addictive if you use it every day

and just because it's legal does not mean it's harmless to your health

I strongly advise do not combine with alcohol

anytime, and just remember to take it easy as it can be moderately addictive if you use it every day

and just because it's legal does not mean it's harmless to your health

I strongly advise do not combine with alcohol

Yeah, i've actually avoided it for a while because of that and because of the unregulated nature of these kinds of grey market drugs like lab chems (which i avoid at all costs). never know how they're fucking around with their product. but today for some reason i just said fuck it.

And i don't drink so that won't be a problem. Alcohol is a trash drug...

Yeah, i've actually avoided it for a while because of that and because of the unregulated nature of these kinds of grey market drugs like lab chems (which i avoid at all costs). never know how they're fucking around with their product. but today for some reason i just said fuck it.

And i don't drink so that won't be a problem. Alcohol is a trash drug...
It's much safer than chems, it's not a research chemical and has hundreds of years of human use. It's in the same family as the coffee plant.

It can just be hard on your liver due to its high alkaloids content, especially when combination with alcohol. Trust me on that part.

It's much safer than chems, it's not a research chemical and has hundreds of years of human use. It's in the same family as the coffee plant.

It can just be hard on your liver due to its high alkaloids content, especially when combination with alcohol. Trust me on that part.

I took 3g... I almost fell asleep. i thought it was an upper?

I took 3g... I almost fell asleep. i thought it was an upper?

It has stimulant properties, it's not an "upper".

Your caps could have been just 250mg, you didn't provide enough info

5g wakes me up more than 2 cups of coffee.

You either didn't take enough or you bought low quality kratom from a gas station or headshop. They sell highly overpriced poor quality kratom. I suggest buying it online, higher quality and cheaper

Even at high doses when it becomes sedating it will prevent you from falling asleep due to stimulation.

Again, you either didn't take enough or you bought horrible kratom. Sorry

Also just a piece of advice... I buy 7oz of high quality online for less than $40. The crap you get at the gas station is like $20 for 10grams of trash ... Also, in general avoid kratom in caps.. buy powder, make tea... Toss and wash... Or buy your own caps and fill them yourself. Will save you even more money

Last edited: