• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom help

Emjae80

Greenlighter
I’m an iv heroin user and I really want to quit by using Kratom. Can anyone give me some advice on dosage to help combat withdrawal?
Ive researched a little and I know I need the red vein strain but if anyone could recommend a legit brand? I’d prefer some that’s not too pricey but I’ll pay what I have to if it’s the best choice.
Thanks!

We can't really recommend brands due to sourcing policies but a little searching on reddit will point you towards a good vendor. There are many decent vendors and even alot of headshop kratom is pretty effective.

Coming off a decent amount of heroin id recommend 4g every 4-6 hours in the acute phase. Then after 4 days start easing off. Avoid trading addictions.

The strain doesn't matter in my experience. Only difference is alkaloid levels. For me taking one strain of kratom is the same as any other, and yes I do trust my source. So with that info, if you do feel different effects (energy as opposed to pain relief) then I suggest a white or green strain to help with your energy levels during wd.

I would wait (it sucks) until you are in full wd to start your kratom. 24hrs or so from my experience. Having a heroin tolerance, id start with 3-5 grams. Personally I bought a little capsule machine and take it as capsules because kratom tastes like ass, and I cant do the toss and wash method (toss your GRAMs of powder in your mouth and wash it down with whatever). For purposes of wd symptom easing it should help to some noticeable effect. It will not take away all wd symptoms, but will ease them more than pretty much anything, aside from opiates lol (it works as an opioid type chemical, without being structurally similar to opiates (any more knowledgeable Blers chime in!)

So as an internet expert on drug abuse, health, and psychology and women's tits my prescription is as follows:

Wait 24 hrs from your last heroin dose to take your kratom. Actually plan this out. The more prepared you are the better your chances are of success...only gotta do it right once. Have comfort meds, easy to cook healthy food and drink and whatever else you think might help...loperamide, benzos, cannabis etc. Once your in full wd take a 3-5 gram dose of kratom (I think according to erowid this is a high dose, but Im accounting for OPs previous opiate tolerance, so a little consideration cant hurt). Considering you probably need to eat and hydrate, id do this about 15 mins after dosing if you can, as kratom often depresses my appetite. You should start to notice a bit of relief by an hour in. If no relief is noted, wait an hour or two and take another gram or two. Its not a catch all, but a lot of people do report wd relief to the point of baseline or better, or even getting high. Then some report no effect what so ever. So go into it not looking to substitute getting high on heroin (that's why I suggest against the red veins as theyre most "opiate like" if you buy into that school of thought.) The goal (at least in my head) is to get off opiates, so youll only need kratom for a few days.

Long term kratom use will cause withdrawal similar to opiates after cessation of use, so use caution....it is very easy to substitute addictions. Let us know how it goes op!

The strain doesn't matter in my experience. Only difference is alkaloid levels. For me taking one strain of kratom is the same as any other, and yes I do trust my source. So with that info, if you do feel different effects (energy as opposed to pain relief) then I suggest a white or green strain to help with your energy levels during wd.

I would wait (it sucks) until you are in full wd to start your kratom. 24hrs or so from my experience. Having a heroin tolerance, id start with 3-5 grams. Personally I bought a little capsule machine and take it as capsules because kratom tastes like ass, and I cant do the toss and wash method (toss your GRAMs of powder in your mouth and wash it down with whatever). For purposes of wd symptom easing it should help to some noticeable effect. It will not take away all wd symptoms, but will ease them more than pretty much anything, aside from opiates lol (it works as an opioid type chemical, without being structurally similar to opiates (any more knowledgeable Blers chime in!)

So as an internet expert on drug abuse, health, and psychology and women's tits my prescription is as follows:

Wait 24 hrs from your last heroin dose to take your kratom. Actually plan this out. The more prepared you are the better your chances are of success...only gotta do it right once. Have comfort meds, easy to cook healthy food and drink and whatever else you think might help...loperamide, benzos, cannabis etc. Once your in full wd take a 3-5 gram dose of kratom (I think according to erowid this is a high dose, but Im accounting for OPs previous opiate tolerance, so a little consideration cant hurt). Considering you probably need to eat and hydrate, id do this about 15 mins after dosing if you can, as kratom often depresses my appetite. You should start to notice a bit of relief by an hour in. If no relief is noted, wait an hour or two and take another gram or two. Its not a catch all, but a lot of people do report wd relief to the point of baseline or better, or even getting high. Then some report no effect what so ever. So go into it not looking to substitute getting high on heroin (that's why I suggest against the red veins as theyre most "opiate like" if you buy into that school of thought.) The goal (at least in my head) is to get off opiates, so youll only need kratom for a few days.

Long term kratom use will cause withdrawal similar to opiates after cessation of use, so use caution....it is very easy to substitute addictions. Let us know how it goes op!

Good detailed reply, only thing I'd add is to watch out for kratom nausea when redosing (which can be way worse imo than traditional opioids, partially due to the volume of powder consumed). I only consumed via wash and toss. Pour the x # of grams of powder in your mouth, followed by water. Swish the combination of powder and water till its well mixed, then follow with more water. Make sure its well mixed because its possible to gag/choke on that volume of powder.

Yea @negrogesic if you over do it the nausea does suck. I over did it one day by taking my normal dose of capsules (like 25-30 .5g caps) however I normally make my own capsules as its cheaper, but they don't contain a full .5g; more of a .39 to .41. On this day i had taken a chance and bought pre capped kratom from a local store and it was ok quality, but I took my normal number of caps. About two hours later I began to feel terribly sedated and nauseas. I was at work too (I work as a chef so kitchen work is hot and standing all the time.) I had to go sit in my car and drink ginger ale for about an hour. Luckily was able to take a break.

note: I have a tolerance and don't recommend doses as high as I take, though ive seen many people on reddit taking 15 grams twice or three times a days. I prefer about 12.5 before some side effects get too noticeable. Ive noticed due to the number of caps if I take them all at the same time it makes me burb I guess from the bit of air in the caps, and I burped up kratom powder the other day. Capsule was maybe stuck down in my throat. That was terrible lol.

Good tip is always dose your kratom out. Don't eyeball or guess your dose. And perhaps someone else can chime in: Dosing by weight is much more accurate than dosing powders volumetrically? I prefer one dose per day, as negrogesic mentioned nausea and dizziness can happen, and it also keeps tolerance lower. Ive read that taking magnesium before sleep helps reset your receptors, though I cant tell you if it works because I take magnesium nightly and have since before I found kratom. Also many people note that taking turmeric+piperine (black pepper) is a great potentiator. I haven't found any dosage information regarding how much turmeric/piperine to be effective for ones personal kratom dose.