• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom help and wd

EastCoast

Bluelighter
Hey guys recently i got myself off one of my nasty run ins wit H. And as I mentioned before i got off with sub taper . I craved and switched over to kratom and was only having one cup to two cups a day , rarelyi would have three, i still find it to be a miracle, but i read about the WD from it and never experienced until the last couple mornings and boy for a drug that does not get u high (at least it dont get me high) it has really intense WDs !

How long does with draw last , the acute symptoms ? Is there post acute with it ? And is there a way to avoid the agony or sub taper with a successful kratom taper??

How many grams per cup? I have a Kratom habit myself. I need to taper off it. I take at least 6g a day. Sometimes I'll take a second dose (so 12g total), but I try to keep it to once a day.

I'm also curious about the kratom WD timeline. Is it like dope where it gets worse for the first few days but is pretty much over in a week (not including PAWS)?

I have gradually worked my way up to being a daily user, and have gone through the WDs a few times.

From another one of my posts, to describe it:
I successfully used kratom for almost a year before addiction set in. Kratom is a wonderful substance; many use it for legitimate medical purposes, and for many (including myself) it is a substitute for harmful substances that lead to all sorts of problems. However, those who claim it is not addictive are either misinformed or lying.

I'm now a daily user, pretty much. Once I go a full day without it, withdrawal symptoms are definitely present. I WD'd from heroin the painful, old fashioned way about 10 years ago and have had the displeasure of experiencing opiate withdrawal several times, going back many years. Kratom withdrawal is like a very mild opiate withdrawal. The main symptoms I experience are lethargy, depression, lower body aches, anxiety, chills, constant yawning, and sleep disturbances. While far from excruciating, it is still very unpleasant. Having experienced true opiate withdrawal in the past, it's more of a major annoyance than anything. As a matter of fact, the withdrawal I experienced from Effexor and Seroquel many years ago were also much, MUCH worse.

From my experience, this generally doesn't last more than 3 days or so. After that you're pretty much in the clear. Aside from the psychological aspect and cravings as far as that goes, which is a whole other story.

My experience with Kratom WD consisted of a horrible 48 hour period and then started improving. The acute 48 is rough...intense sweats, some leg pain, but the worst IMO, was the INSANE mental anxiety that it caused. I am a much heavier user...was dosing up to 25-30 g at one point over the course of a day.

It's not as long-lasting as the classic opiate WD I've experienced (from pills-mainly oxy/roxi-never done H), but it was nothing to scoff at. It can easily make you more or less non functional for a few days.

Oh, and one weird symptom I've only had during Kratom WD was constant sneezing. It was odd...along w runny nose which IS common to opiate WD.

I took about a 30 grams a day for a year after withdrawing from pills and the kratom withdrawal was very mild, over by the end of the weekend.

I don't think I've gone too much more than 24h without taking some since I first noticed WD symptoms. I get the chills, the goosebumps, and watering eyes. Haven't noticed terrible anxiety but maybe I just haven't waited long enough.

I have a friend who is pretty much the opposite. He doesn't get any of the physical symptoms I do, but he gets unbearable anxiety. Kind of interesting how varied the WDs appear capable of being.

Truenamebrand, would you mind letting us know how much kratom you are taking daily?

Last edited:
Truenamebrand, would you mind letting us know how much kratom you are taking daily?

It varies... I try and keep it to once a day, usually at 7-10 grams, but often do not have the discipline to do so. Often as high as 20 grams per day.

(I have even gone higher a few times here and there, dosing three times, though this almost always leads to unpleasant side effects, including shaking, dizziness and anxiety.)

I don't think I've gone too much more than 24h without taking some since I first noticed WD symptoms. I get the chills, the goosebumps, and watering eyes. Haven't noticed terrible anxiety but maybe I just haven't waited long enough.

I have a friend who is pretty much the opposite. He doesn't get any of the physical symptoms I do, but he gets unbearable anxiety. Kind of interesting how varied the WDs appear capable of being.

I agree that WD from Kratom seems to vary dramatically depending on the individual more so than even the size of the habit. I've known some use for a year or more before ever experiencing WD and some experience it after short-term use.

It does seem that people who have experienced classic opiate WD have a tendency to hold the opinion Kratom WD isn't as bad/intense/long lasting.

I guess my point being, we can all share our individual experiences from Kratom WD, but nobody can predict what it's truly going to be like for another person. The symptoms just vary too much. That is what is unique to Kratom...classic opiates seem to carry the same WD experience for everyone. My guess as to why this is true is bc Kratom is made up of such a large multitude of alkaloids.