• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom has been damaging my liver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legally High

Bluelighter
I just realized it today. Took my first dose in a few days and felt sickly, I took a nap unable to stay awake in unpleasant fatigue which I had also been experiencing in the past not a comfortable sleepyhead. Afterwards I was ichting all over in a bad way. Not like the pleasant way typical of of regular opiates. The opiate itch I always enjoyed very much. This was a long lasting itch long after the kratom had worn off. I felt worse than before I had even dosed. This itch was eerie similar to when I took too much of a prescription medication once (baclofen). I will give more details if anyone is interested.

I just realized it today. Took my first dose in a few days and felt sickly, I took a nap unable to stay awake in unpleasant fatigue which I had also been experiencing in the past not a comfortable sleepyhead. Afterwards I was ichting all over in a bad way. Not like the pleasant way typical of of regular opiates. The opiate itch I always enjoyed very much. This was a long lasting itch long after the kratom had worn off. I felt worse than before I had even dosed. This itch was eerie similar to when I took too much of a prescription medication once (baclofen). I will give more details if anyone is interested.

Hi, my apologies if I missed something. It seems like quite a leap you are performing here. You are itchy and feeling sick, I wouldn't say that conclusively determines this physically safe drug is causing liver damage.

I highly doubt kratom would cause any harm to your liver. If you really think you are going jaundice, go to the doctor!!

for select individuals kratom is horrible on the liver. quickly put me in the emergency room with acute hepatitis. they gave me all kinds of medication to treat symptoms, but treating the cause was no more kratom and waiting it out.

Yes kratom is known in rare cases to cause liver damage. Please get checked out by a doctor and stop taking kratom. We can’t diagnose you over the internet, please get help.

Not that it isn't possible you could have done liver damage, but what proof do you have that the Kratom is actually damaging your liver?

I mean you say your feeling sick but that's not necessarily proof of liver damage.

I don't think in general Kratom causes liver damage but there are rare cases of people who seem like they can't metabolize it for whatever reason so I believe that it could be damaging to the liver for those who can't metabolize it.

I'd see the doctor if I were you because otherwise you have no way of knowing if it's hurting your liver or not, but either way it would probably be best for you to stop.

I'm in agreement with some of our other posters here. Although it's of course possible that what you're experiencing is directly related to the functioning of your Hepatic system, we really don't appreciate making blanket statements without references to back them up. A lot of the back and forth tidal waves of opinion that effect drug users as a whole often centers upon hysteria and panic. Kratom has been damagin my liver! is not a fair statement to be made until you know this for fact.

There is an active campaign by the feds to make Kratom a federally controlled substance. There are also many folks who have been able to use Kratom effectively to either curb, maintain or completely abort their Opioid addictions. I'm sure these people would not appreciate you fanning the flames of public opinion like this without any discernible evidence.

I'm not saying what you're going through isn't Hepatic Toxicity, but until you know it actually is, it is irresponsible and more damaging than you know to the community to say that it is. You could be responsible for the DEA changing your avatar to Il-Legally High. They do have that kind of authority.

The hyperbolic and unfounded nature of your post is what has led me to just close it, so you know for future purposes. I know that this wasn't done maliciously, but even if unintended, it can cause a great deal of harm to the community of users who rely on Kratom to function.

Last edited:
Something I'd add in addition. Given the type of people likely to use Kratom. Even with objective evidence of liver damage or impaired liver function following Kratom use, I would take that as proof of absolutely nothing without accompanying proof that the person doesn't have hepatitis. Too much possibility that it could be a coincidence in our case.

i got blood work done. i do not have viral hepatitis. enzyme levels returned to normal and symptoms faded after i stopped taking kratom.

benign-or-illegal logic is not productive.

I don't actually know if Kratom causes elevated liver enzymes consistent with the potential for long term damage. It wouldn't surprise me though. Personally I'm not saying it's possible or not cause I don't know. Never used it so I don't have much personal reason to care.

For my part I was just mentioning something I considered a relevant point.

word.

doc that read my initial and follow up blood work said no long term damage. i’m posting that kratom can cause acute hepatitis in some individuals at every opportunity because users should know of the risk. especially so they can cease use at early symptoms. the most notable for me was abdominal pain.

using this thread as another opportunity does not mean i think the original post is quality.

i hope the poster stops using kratom and begins to feel better soon. as their post history suggests they have been continuing to use the drug despite suspecting it’s causing negative effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.