• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom half-life: How variable by strain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
My kratom dosing regiment is pretty consistent. I dose three times a day, with my last dose usually coming sometime between 4 and 6pm. This is usually late enough in the day that the discomfort I experience from withdrawal by morning is relatively manageable. I can sleep til my alarm at 5:15 or 5:45, though I don?t feel so great upon waking. During the day I can go 7-8 hours before I really start feeling any withdrawal symptoms creep in.

However, a few days ago I received a new strain from a particular vendor (a green Malaysian). Usually I rotate, and even though I have 6 or 7 different kinds at the moment, this green Malaysian is fantastic, and I?ve stuck with it almost exclusively since I got it. Not only have I felt the start of withdrawal after only about 5 hours during the day, I?ve had absolutely terrible cold sweats at night.

I know, my physical dependence is not ideal, and not what we want people reading as they look for ammo to ban it on us. About two weeks ago I dropped each dose by about 2.5 grams and experienced no ill effects from that instant reduction. Yet for some reason with this new green Malaysian? which is absolutely FIRE ? its legs are MUCH shorter. Like reduced by half.

So I?m curious how much variability there is in half-life between strains. Like I said, I mix it up between all kinds, and never experienced this type of reduction in duration of effects.

Hey Truenamebrand, let me start by saying, I honestly wish, myself, that there was more information out there regarding Kratom in general. I have always been most involved with drugs that are well-documented, most, for several decades. Even at the end of the day, once I understood pretty much everything there was to about my various drugs, I still would come up with some results that seemed to vary widely from experience to experience. When you factor in complexities of P450/enzyme activity, the course of a drug's action is still really hard to chart.

There has not been a lot of research done into Kratom when compared to other drugs. It's relatively recent in terms of its usage in the developing world, although I'm aware that it has been used in Asia for a very long time prior to this recent "explosion" of usage. Also, there are not enough safeguards in place to truly define what it is that you are taking. I don't doubt that you can get a really good idea about what you are taking, but that's really just not enough to ever make a precise determination like what we would want.

Even if we had significantly more information about Kratom, in general, we still would have no accurate way of insuring this Kratom to be of any quality, good or bad. This is most likely an exaggeration, but we can't even tell you it's Kratom without analysis by a lab or a Horticulturist. If it feels shittier (more money-less high) it is probably just shittier product. We can open this back up if people disagree, but otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.