• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids kratom gabapentin respiratory depression

Tramadol is way more insidious than kratom. I would stick with the kratom. There's actually quite a lot of studies on kratom. Nothing like clinical trials, but there is alot of scientific information. Just search kratom in pubmed

Oh yeah I know there are studies, but there aren't enough studies for there to be anything much on kratom drug interactions

Very few drug-drug interactions are studied in clinical trials. Most of it is speculation based on our understanding of the pathways they target. Kratom causes less respiratory depression than most pharmaceutical opioids. Tramadol is both an opioid and a pretty potent SNRI. Tramadol is actually a really dirty drug with more potential for CNS related drug-drug interactions than most other pharmaceuticals, and it can have particularly bad protracted WD because if its SNRI activity. It took many months to feel normal after I quit tramadol, while I'll feel mostly normal after a few days off kratom.

I feel pretty dizzy today after combining kratom and gabapentin last nightj. wondering if i've done some sort of damage or if it's just a long hangover... i seem to be really sensitive to combos of gabapentin and other drugs

You might want to lower your dose of kratom then. Dizziness/vertigo is a common side effect of overdoing kratom

I never got this with kratom alone, though, while i have gotten it in the past from gabapentin combined with various things

Then you might want to lower your dose of gabapentin, or both. That's also a pretty common side effect of gabapentin, and kratom will definitely synergize with it. I just really would reccomend staying away from trams. It's a dirty drug

No. If you woke up feeling extremely disoriented after being unconscious, I would say maybe, but it sounds like you just took a little too much gabapentin and got dizzy

i don't generally measure my doses in grams, just teaspoons, I had a few teaspoons throughout the night, but I didn't dose gabapentin until 3 hours after my last kratom dose which I thought would be enough time to let the effects die out a little

Kratom has pretty strong effects for 5-6 hours, and some alkaloids will hang around beyond that time period. I would just cut back your dose of kratom, GABA, both doses, or wait longer between the two.

sounds good. i will try to keep kratom to a morning/afternoon thing and wait longer until i dose gabapentin hopefully i can get totally off gabapentin at some point

do u think these doses would be likely to cause any hypoxic brain damage while i'm carefully tweaking/experimenting with dose

No. That occurs when you OD so severely that you literally are unable to breathe

I believe you're overthinking all of this elstongunn39. You have not caused yourself any brain damage, I always feel weird the day after taking gabapentin. Also, I'd say that it's completely safe to take kratom and gabapentin together as long as the doses are reasonable. Don't worry man, if the anxiety about this is really bothering you then just stick to kratom only.