• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom for wds - capsules vs liquid

juler

Bluelighter
Hi, it's been about a month since I've been on. I still am trying to stick to my tiny oxy script of 80 mgs a day. I have done much better, but for a few days at end of the script, I always run out. I have been avoiding full wds by taking kratom,. I take the opms black extracts about 4-5 bottles a day when I have a wd day. Well yesterday I went to the local smoke shop for today and tomorrow and they were out of all shots even the golds. I had to buy the capsules. I bought 4 packs of 3, thinking that might get me through the 2 days. Well, It's 9 am and after not sleeping all night, I have already taken 6 capsules with little noticeable relief since 4 am. The mitragyna content is showing just a little less than the extracts, why aren't they working?

Are these extract capsules or just regular kratom? Same brand?

Unfortunately I'm not too sure on this I've never really taken the extracts. Not sure of the difference between the shots and pills.

they're extract capsules - they say they have 310 mg mitragyna per capsule as opposed to the extract liquid which says 348 mg. They supposedly have more that the gold extract liquid shots but the opms black capsules don't seem to be doing anything? The stats should support them working, as I've had to take the opms gold liquid occasionally on wd days when they have been out of the black and the stats show they have less active ingredient than the black capsules, bt these black capsules don't seem to be working? Is it a bioavailabilty thing, They're both taken orally. I'm confused and scared as I have today and tomorrow to go with no extract.

I can't speak for the opms capsules since I never got them, but I always suspected they'd be weaker than the little bottles. But that kratom extract habit you have is pretty huge, those little bottles are a lot more potent than you realize so it may take more than you think to quell withdrawals.

That being said, I wouldn't try taking more extracts to stop withdrawals because it might have unpleasant effects due to a different alkaloid content from opms liquid.

I wouldn't trust the label to tell you about potency because honestly no one is exactly sure how the active compounds in kratom work. There's mitragynine and 7 hydroxmitragynine but the way they work exactly is unclear and the companies that make these extracts probably don't completely understand them either

Also, I believe the opms black extract has a lot of 7-OH which is the primary opioid agonist agent in kratom. 4-5 bottles sounds like quite a lot.

If the pills are mostly just mitragynine, that is technically a mu opioid antagonist and may be making the problem worse?

I'm not sure just a thought, could be wrong

You could be right--I can tell you the caps don't work. I posted a few moths back quite a bit about my oxy problems. I have serious pain issues and was on an astounding amount in the uk===been told by many that it was unbelievable, but over 8 yrs in the Uk I got up to 24 60 mgs a day from legit Drs and filled by legit pharmacies. In the UK pharmacies don't share info, and I was seeing up to 6 drs a month. I was able to bring it down in the past 2 yrs, but I came here at the end of January still taking approx 300-400 mgs a day--bottom-line couldn't find a dr and ended up in the first of many many many wds. Finally got a dr and I've been on 80 mgs a day for the past few months. This past month I was able to keep almost on the money but I had 2 days where I have run out, but this is good for me--very good. Anyway I think my skyhigh tolerance translates to the kratom. As I am typing this I am sweaty with cramping and I have taken 8 caps of the black opms and I had to go to a different store and get the liquid shots--I've taken 3 so far. I have to make the 4 I have left last until Friday am--I have always averaged 5 bottles of the opms black per wd day, and it does nothing fun for me just takes away about 60 percent of the wds. I never getr any euphoria or pain relief nada. I just cannot handle wds. I have got to make my tiny script last the entire month!!!!! Just letting those who are interested the capsules are useless. The opms black extract is the only thing that will touch the wds.

I got off a several years' long oxy/hydro habit of 100mg to 200mg per day with the help of Red Bali, powder form, doing the toss-n-wash method. Probably 10 to 20 or so grams over a long day (4am to 11pm).
No WDs whatsoever, no cravings.
I'm hooked on kratom now but it's a LOT CHEAPER and never contains fentanyl. And I can get it anywhere, any time.

I got off a several years' long oxy/hydro habit of 100mg to 200mg per day with the help of Red Bali, powder form, doing the toss-n-wash method. Probably 10 to 20 or so grams over a long day (4am to 11pm).
No WDs whatsoever, no cravings.
I'm hooked on kratom now but it's a LOT CHEAPER and never contains fentanyl. And I can get it anywhere, any time.
That's a great success!

I never really liked the extracts much. They're ok, but powder is cheaper, more reliable and a lot more well rounded. It's like the full experience. Extracts are missing some alkaloids.

That's a great success!

I never really liked the extracts much. They're ok, but powder is cheaper, more reliable and a lot more well rounded. It's like the full experience. Extracts are missing some alkaloids.
Never tried any extracts. I'm fine with the powder/capsules.
Kratom doesn't get me "high" exactly, it just gives me energy and an uplifted mood.

Idk, I've never tried any extracts. My understanding was that powder kratom is both more economical and has a better high, from the broader range of alkaloids. Could be wrong though.

I just got a extract a couple days ago that is 65% mitragynie unfortunately it dosent say the 7-oh concentration, but I got it for 20$ a gram and it just comes as powder in a little plastic hash container. It’s the strongest stuff Iv ever had

Its much better but the 2 days of wds brings it all back. I've got the days down to 2 days every 2 weeks which really is my best ever. The kratom has really helped, except this time. The money aspect is killing me with the kratom. The extracts cost me 100$ a day--I have less than a dollar in the bank until Tonight. I have to remember this when I even think I can make it taking one extra a week.....it never works.

I start working for United in a month. I passed all the background and urine tests--yes they found out about the oxy, but I had a note from the Dr, and it worked--it wouldn't if I was going inflight. I'll be working the gates again, love the job. Anyway , I have to have my meds under control completely by the start of my training. I will have to work with pain, but nothing I can do. I cannot have any wds days.....

Its much better but the 2 days of wds brings it all back. I've got the days down to 2 days every 2 weeks which really is my best ever. The kratom has really helped, except this time. The money aspect is killing me with the kratom. The extracts cost me 100$ a day--I have less than a dollar in the bank until Tonight. I have to remember this when I even think I can make it taking one extra a week.....it never works.
Jeezus that's expensive!
I maintain a fairly heavy kratom habit on about $5 a day. I use capsules or powder.

Personally, I don't see the hype from Kratom, I never get any high or any euphoria, or really anything other than it cuts my wds maybe 50-60 percent. These last 2 days not quite as much--could be I still have covid--I tested positive a week and 1/2 ago--Not that bad with that - congestion cough and slight fever and all over malaise- Not great, but I would take how I felt with covid over wds anyday! It could be I still have covid and that with the wds has taken its toll.

Personally, I don't see the hype from Kratom, I never get any high or any euphoria, or really anything other than it cuts my wds maybe 50-60 percent. These last 2 days not quite as much--could be I still have covid--I tested positive a week and 1/2 ago--Not that bad with that - congestion cough and slight fever and all over malaise- Not great, but I would take how I felt with covid over wds anyday! It could be I still have covid and that with the wds has taken its toll.
I can only speak from my experience. Kratom was a HUGE help to me while kicking opioid pills.

Like I've said, I don't get euphoria or a high from kratom, but I do get a significant boost of energy and a more positive mood.

YMMV!

Kratom definitely varies a lot from person to person. Any opinion about it is extremely subjective.

Best of luck to ya!
✌ ❤