• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Kratom for Oxy WD

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I previously created a thread about withdrawing from Oxycodone cold turkey using Benzos but I've decided against that now and I've decided to use Kratom for the first time to aid a tapered withdrawal process. I've currently been taking 120mg Oxy IR daily for 4 years so I've got a pretty high tolerance! I've just bought 50 grams of Red Borneo Kratom capsules, I chose Red Borneo based on it's positive customer reviews and it's high popularity. Is Red Borneo a good strain for opioid WDs? And how many capsules should I take based on my current opioid tolerance? Remember I've got zero experience with this stuff so I'm gonna need some direction. Cheers guys.

That's my go to strain, good choice, the red strains are the most "opiate like" and relaxing which is what you need.

With your tolerance you will likely need somewhere between 5-10g or possibly more to get much relief to be honest so that 50 grams you bought isn't going to last too long.

Tapering with the help of kratom is a good plan though. I tapered off a higher dose of oxy with the help of kratom and a few other things, withdrawal was still rough but not as bad as it would have been for sure, it really helped ease it.

That's my go to strain, good choice, the red strains are the most "opiate like" and relaxing which is what you need.

With your tolerance you will likely need somewhere between 5-10g or possibly more to get much relief to be honest so that 50 grams you bought isn't going to last too long.

Tapering with the help of kratom is a good plan though. I tapered off a higher dose of oxy with the help of kratom and a few other things, withdrawal was still rough but not as bad as it would have been for sure, it really helped ease it.

Cheers, I only bought a small amount to trial it, if it works for me then I'll buy it in bulk next time. In terms of oxy wd's does it actually eliminate the wd's or does it significantly reduce the severity of wd's in high enough doses?

Cheers, I only bought a small amount to trial it, if it works for me then I'll buy it in bulk next time. In terms of oxy wd's does it actually eliminate the wd's in high enough doses?

Smart plan.

It will put a big dent in the withdrawals if you are tapering. It wouldn't do much if you cold turkey. But it eases the tapering process significantly. You will feel much less of the w/d than you would otherwise. Expect to still feel rough, but it's a big improvement.

Don't cold turkey the oxycodone if you don't have to. What was the oxycodone for? Was it prescribed? Do you have a pain disorder?

I'd say upon discontinuation 4g a day 5-6 times a day would cover you initially. You will still feel withdrawal but it will be dulled. Note that with that dosing protocol i provided 50g would only last you a few days. Only use the kratom on the later stages of tapering the oxycodone when you are experiencing more severe withdrawal symptoms, particularly since kratom can actually make oxycodone less effective due to competing mechanisms of action.

Good choice on choosing kratom over benzos as this is a much wiser approach.

using Benzos but I've decided against that now
Super happy one opted out of the benzo beast. :) 🥰
I want to add that if you do taper down from the oxy try a low dose first to see if it helps before slamming 5-10g at first go. May not be apropo to you, but when I was coming off oiates after decades of use/abuse it only took 1/2g to start easing the WDs. I know some may cry bull-shit but it is true and after several years of use I still only dose 1.5-3g range a few times a day to manage pain(s). This is my experience with kratom... YMMV.
Always,
Ptah

Last edited:
I just got off 40-60 mg OxyContin ER a day with just Kratom. I have a green and red strain I do about 2-3 grams 3 times a day . It’s been 10 days since my last oxy . I have slept every night and have actually felt a buzz . Wish I would have done this sooner . Orange juice is the most tolerable way I have been taking it , it is gross and I have thrown up trying to take to much but yeah it works !

You should warm some water as warm water helps release more alkaloids. But don’t boil it and if you do allow it to cool to hot water

Don't cold turkey the oxycodone if you don't have to. What was the oxycodone for? Was it prescribed? Do you have a pain disorder?

I'd say upon discontinuation 4g a day 5-6 times a day would cover you initially. You will still feel withdrawal but it will be dulled. Note that with that dosing protocol i provided 50g would only last you a few days. Only use the kratom on the later stages of tapering the oxycodone when you are experiencing more severe withdrawal symptoms, particularly since kratom can actually make oxycodone less effective due to competing mechanisms of action.

Good choice on choosing kratom over benzos as this is a much wiser approach.

It's for chronic pain and yeah its prescribed. I've already reduced my daily oxy use to 80mg a day and I feel absolutely fine with no wd's, my Kratom arrives today.

I just got off 40-60 mg OxyContin ER a day with just Kratom. I have a green and red strain I do about 2-3 grams 3 times a day . It’s been 10 days since my last oxy . I have slept every night and have actually felt a buzz . Wish I would have done this sooner . Orange juice is the most tolerable way I have been taking it , it is gross and I have thrown up trying to take to much but yeah it works !

Sorry for the multiple post.. I ordered capsules so I won't be tasting anything thankfully lol. I'm guessing they're gonna come as 1g caps.

It's for chronic pain and yeah its prescribed. I've already reduced my daily oxy use to 80mg a day and I feel absolutely fine with no wd's, my Kratom arrives today.

Yeah you could probably halve the dose straight up and only feel mild w/d to be honest. That first step is the easy bit. The next steps, particularly the final jump, are where the kratom will be needed.