• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom for opioid withdrawal

Maryjane410

Bluelighter
I've been using heroin/fent for almost 2 years now. I did go to detox a few months ago and ended up so sick they took me to the hospital. Was in the hospital for 4 days with pancreatitis and when i was discharged they had put me out of the recovery center i was in so i never got the help i really needed to get off the drugs. Now I've started a new job and i really want to stop using cause i need to start saving money and i know myself i will spend every dollar i make to get high. I've been doing alot of research on kratom and even hit up a few places for samples so i have a little bit here to get started. I just used the last of my dope last night and haven't used anything so far since. I have 1 more day off work before i go back and i want to use the kratom i have. From what i have read the red strains are the best for opioid wd but i was wondering if all kratom helps with wd? I would rather take kratom everyday then to spend all my money on dope. Can anyone help me with what strains they used to help them quit using opiates and opioids? And also what is a good amount to start out with? I have a pretty high tolerance to dope.

They will all work, but red strains seem to be the best. I'd start with 4 grams every 4 hours in your case and see what that dose for you. You may need to increase the dose from there.

They will all work, but red strains seem to be the best. I'd start with 4 grams every 4 hours in your case and see what that dose for you. You may need to increase the dose from there.
Thank you. I've been trying to look everywhere to find that out but all i kept seeing was red strains work for it. I plan on trying some tomorrow to see how it works since today so far im not feeling to bad. I do plan on ordering some red strains tho since i see they work best for sleep and i have a hard time sleeping without anything. I also am prescribed gabapentin so i have some of those to help. I stopped taking them for a couple weeks so they would help me when i needed them.

I've been using heroin/fent for almost 2 years now. I did go to detox a few months ago and ended up so sick they took me to the hospital. Was in the hospital for 4 days with pancreatitis and when i was discharged they had put me out of the recovery center i was in so i never got the help i really needed to get off the drugs. Now I've started a new job and i really want to stop using cause i need to start saving money and i know myself i will spend every dollar i make to get high. I've been doing alot of research on kratom and even hit up a few places for samples so i have a little bit here to get started. I just used the last of my dope last night and haven't used anything so far since. I have 1 more day off work before i go back and i want to use the kratom i have. From what i have read the red strains are the best for opioid wd but i was wondering if all kratom helps with wd? I would rather take kratom everyday then to spend all my money on dope. Can anyone help me with what strains they used to help them quit using opiates and opioids? And also what is a good amount to start out with? I have a pretty high tolerance to dope.
I used Kratom for H withdrawal like 5 years ago, I heard from everyone that it really worked. However, it has zero effects on me. I was really bummed. I tried all kinds of ways of investing and still no dice.

I used Kratom for H withdrawal like 5 years ago, I heard from everyone that it really worked. However, it has zero effects on me. I was really bummed. I tried all kinds of ways of investing and still no dice.
I have heard it doesn't work for everyone and that does worry me. I dont want to be put on methadone and even if i was to the hours i work i wouldnt be able to make it there everyday.i have pain anxiety and depression and i heard kratom is supposed to help with all of that and thats the reason i loved heroin so much. Only time i felt ok was being high. I have a bunch of samples so at least i will know if it helps before i spend any money on it. I will update when i do try to let you know if it does.

I have heard it doesn't work for everyone and that does worry me. I dont want to be put on methadone and even if i was to the hours i work i wouldnt be able to make it there everyday.i have pain anxiety and depression and i heard kratom is supposed to help with all of that and thats the reason i loved heroin so much. Only time i felt ok was being high. I have a bunch of samples so at least i will know if it helps before i spend any money on it. I will update when i do try to let you know if it does.
I was on methadone for a few years, I definitely recommended it. I’ve been to many clinics since I travel a lot, and every one I’ve been to opens between 5-6am and stays open until at least 1pm, and a couple I’ve dosed at have stayed open until 5-6pm. I just got off done completely maybe 3 months ago. Methadone literally saved my life when I was shooting dope. I’d recommend finding a local clinic & getting started there. It stopped all my cravings & I was able to slowly taper off after being on it for about 3 years without any issues. No cravings at all & no thoughts of using. Doesn’t even cross my mind. If you have any questions about methadone or suboxone/subutex you can private message me, I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

I was on methadone for a few years, I definitely recommended it. I’ve been to many clinics since I travel a lot, and every one I’ve been to opens between 5-6am and stays open until at least 1pm, and a couple I’ve dosed at have stayed open until 5-6pm. I just got off done completely maybe 3 months ago. Methadone literally saved my life when I was shooting dope. I’d recommend finding a local clinic & getting started there. It stopped all my cravings & I was able to slowly taper off after being on it for about 3 years without any issues. No cravings at all & no thoughts of using. Doesn’t even cross my mind. If you have any questions about methadone or suboxone/subutex you can private message me, I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
I was thinking about getting on methadone but i work 5am to 5pm and all the places i know of dont open til 5 and close way before i get off work. I just know if i try to get off dope without help I'll just keep using so i can make it to work. I do use less now that im working cause i cant do it as much and by time i get home im ready to sleep. If i could find a place that is open later i would do it for now.

I was thinking about getting on methadone but i work 5am to 5pm and all the places i know of dont open til 5 and close way before i get off work. I just know if i try to get off dope without help I'll just keep using so i can make it to work. I do use less now that im working cause i cant do it as much and by time i get home im ready to sleep. If i could find a place that is open later i would do it for now.
You could give suboxone a try. Unlike methadone, you get suboxone from a doctor who prescribes it & it may be easier for you since you’d have your scrip to take at home every day instead of having to rush to the clinic. At least here in Cali that’s the way it is. I did try sub first but methadone worked better for me. Everyone is different though. I also have severe anxiety and depression & I didn’t think I could ever get off dope bc I couldn’t function or cope with my depression/anxiety unless I was loaded. I needed dope to be able to work just like you. If I can get off dope I honestly feel like anyone can. I tried getting clean countless times on my own & always relapsed. The only way to truly get clean is to get help I think.

You could give suboxone a try. Unlike methadone, you get suboxone from a doctor who prescribes it & it may be easier for you since you’d have your scrip to take at home every day instead of having to rush to the clinic. At least here in Cali that’s the way it is. I did try sub first but methadone worked better for me. Everyone is different though. I also have severe anxiety and depression & I didn’t think I could ever get off dope bc I couldn’t function or cope with my depression/anxiety unless I was loaded. I needed dope to be able to work just like you. If I can get off dope I honestly feel like anyone can. I tried getting clean countless times on my own & always relapsed. The only way to truly get clean is to get help I think.
Im looking up places to see if i can find a place open later. I have tried suboxone before and it didnt work for me to well i ended up relapsing. Only places open late enough are to far from me and right now i dont drive. I guess im gonna give the kratom a try and if it dont work i will try to figure something else out. I know the place i was getting suboxone from i would go there everyday to get dosed and after 30 days they gave you 2 weeks and eventually got 28 days worth. Last time i tried suboxone tho i was 3 days clean and still went into wd. Im scared of doing that again. I really think methadone would help if i could just find a place that that fits the hours i work.

I do not know switching from H to Kratom,but it succesfully replaces my poppy pods.Without withdrawls.Ofcourse quickly get hooked on it.Eventually I stop it (its banned where I live).Maybe best substitution of opiate for me in many terms.Dose go up quickly,cause its short acting somehow

I also wanted to add that I have seen several people post here on the forums about having horrible withdrawals from kratom. Also, just wanted to check on you & see how everything’s going. Have you had any luck with finding a clinic or subprime doctor? Or have you started kratom? Whichever you decided I hope you’re well 💜

I never tried it coming off dope but I think it’ll help, buy the red strain , I found green kratom too speedy, I like red Bali , I would think you’ll be dosing several times a day with it to help, careful using it or you’ll just start another problem

I never tried it coming off dope but I think it’ll help, buy the red strain , I found green kratom too speedy, I like red Bali , I would think you’ll be dosing several times a day with it to help, careful using it or you’ll just start another problem

I've heard red vein too, but from the source I've found I have a choice between Maeng Da (no mention of colour) and Red Vein Kali. Which of those would you recommend? Theres also Ultra Enhanced Maeng Da Extract Capsules also.

I've heard red vein too, but from the source I've found I have a choice between Maeng Da (no mention of colour) and Red Vein Kali. Which of those would you recommend? Theres also Ultra Enhanced Maeng Da Extract Capsules also.

Red vein kali I'd say.

Like many have reported I found zero relief from kratom when trying to treat IV heroin withdrawal but it should work well for those with low to moderate level habits.

Extracts are the only thing that really worked for me, to the OP, if the leaf dosent work for you don’t worry your not alone In that, try OPMS black extract pills, take 2-3 and you’ll be alright, good luck brother
Edit: whoopsie didn’t see how old this thread it’s, hope the op is doin alright

Red vein kali I'd say.

Like many have reported I found zero relief from kratom when trying to treat IV heroin withdrawal but it should work well for those with low to moderate level habits.
My tolerance is very low, kratom 1 -2 tablespoons max,I never dosed twice in a day till the other day , the reason I started this thread cause I knew I was going to end up experimenting this weekend with kratom and extract and wanted a little feedback,I tried 1/3 bottle of of the opms liquid extract along with powder the second day,

I’ve only bought kratom powder from one company and it was red Bali,I tried green,white but I didn’t care for them cause they felt speedy to me ….