• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom for low-dose Suboxone user?

magickmarck

Bluelighter
Hello all! I have heard good things about Kratom. But I take 2mg/0.5 of Suboxone daily. Will I feel anything from taking Kratom or is it a waste of time and money? Thanks in advance.

is it a waste of time and money?
i find that i feel little from kratom until 2-3 days after last dose of subs
strange that the first time i tried to mix the two i found it strengthened the relief. not sure it could have been my mind playing tricks on me. idk
i would say that it is worth the money if ya stopped subs but it may take a day or two. we will have different reactions. may not work and be a waste anyway. i would gamble on it, though, if it's good kratom i have nothing bad to say about it.
peace

Suboxone at 2mg will block kratom almost completely, kratom's alkaloids have some effects besides opioid agonism so it does do a tiny bit but barely, and not the opioid aspect of it at all.

By the way, 2mg of suboxone is not actually a low dose, in fact 2mg is enough to completely saturate the receptors, and is about as effective as higher doses, except lasts a lot longer. At 2mg, I have found that after about 24 hours or maybe slightly more without bupe, I can start to feel kratom a little bit, but it takes about 48 hours to get a relatively normal effect.

Wait til your withdrawing from the suboxone, and the Kratom will hit you like a truck lol, but don't recommend it. Got addicted to Kratom for a year leading into my last relapse in 2018. Stick with the subs, saying thus put of love. My friend passed away who relapsed with me. Just be sage you know yourself!

Suboxone at 2mg will block kratom almost completely, kratom's alkaloids have some effects besides opioid agonism so it does do a tiny bit but barely, and not the opioid aspect of it at all.

By the way, 2mg of suboxone is not actually a low dose, in fact 2mg is enough to completely saturate the receptors, and is about as effective as higher doses, except lasts a lot longer. At 2mg, I have found that after about 24 hours or maybe slightly more without bupe, I can start to feel kratom a little bit, but it takes about 48 hours to get a relatively normal effect.
Correct. You need High Grade Potent Kratom from a vendor online to even get effects. The smokeshop stuff is just So weak and sad. ALSO- Actually lower doses of bupenorphine like 2mg - 4mg works better and stronger than a whole 8mg. I believe suboxone is one of the not so many drugs that have a ceiling limit. Weed has a ceiling limit and so does LSD. After so much you can not get any higher.

It actually just depends on what the smoke shop happens to carry. There is a smoke shop in my area that has really good kratom, and it's only slightly more expensive than you can get it online for. But in general, yeah, smoke shops charge a huge markup and usually don't have the best stuff. online is always your best bet.

As for buprenorphine, yes, you're right, it has a ceiling effect. At about 2mg it has fully saturated the receptors and actually starts to have some antagonistic effect, which means it will feel better at 2mg than it will at 8mg. part of why such large doses ar used is because it will last much longer at big doses, though, which means you will have less interdose withdrawals, and it will block other opioids for longer.

I went down that road a couple of times. The K helps at first (24-48hrs), but that is because there's still some Sub working. It's tempting to increase the K because you're feeling good 2+ days after, but that's only temporary and will coax you into using more. Again, the increased K helps, but there was a break even point for me several times where feeling good was awesome, but then reality hit me. I was using a few doses per day so increasing it made me sick as hell. Sooo, back on Subs again. Good luck, and do your best to not be lulled into thinking everything is cool because your not using, because you are. It's just different mechanism.

I have a family member who is above 70 years old and despite that and her many chronic pain issues she/he recieves no script whatsoever. (duloxetine if that counts). after a long imbittered fight she got flexeril. LAME. However after complaining enough she was put on lyrica and xanax. Than taken off.