• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom first timer & confused.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi all, first post here although I have been a long, long time lurker.

BOB is basically looking for some more info on the stuff. SWIM has two types of Kratom to sample namely, 'Premium Bali & MD red' from (I hope) a reputable supplier.
DAVE has trawled the internet for a couple of weeks prior to this researching all the correct dosages and routes of administration.
ERIC first attempted an initial dose of 3.5g 'MD red powder' mixed in with his normal cup of green tea. Didn't notice much apart from a slight increase in energy.
COLINs second attempt was a dose of 5g 'MD red powder' mixed thoroughly with some orange juice. Yet again SWIM didn't notice much euphoria just a slight edginess.

Always taken on an empty stomach.

Before SWIM makes a 3rd attempt he would appreciate any feedback available as to make his experience more on the "opioid/analgesic" spectrum.

Couple of SWIMS vital stats. 5'11" - 70kgs - mild opiate tolerance.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
If you have any sort of opioid tolerance kratom isn't going to blow your socks off. If you don't use opioids do you get withdrawal effects? If so I'd wait til you're in withdrawal and re-attempt the kratom. If it doesn't pull you out of withdrawal you'll know you have bunk leaf.

Bob only uses codeine 30mg maybe once or twice a week and suffers from no withdrawl symptoms whatsoever.

(Is suppliers allowed to be discussed over private message? As I know it's against the rules on threads)

Cheers.

Last edited:
I've only tried "Bali Kratom Super Pills". Kratom is legal in my country and I bought it at the most famous headshop of Hungary, so I'm 99% sure that it was real Kratom.

I popped 12 pills (step-by-step, first I popped 2, waited, then 3 and so on) and it DID NOTHING to me. If we don't count the mild pain in my legs and feet, and an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. It was a complete waste of money.

I thought maybe it's just me, so I offered some of the remaining pills to my friends. They didn't get any positive or negative effects. They never used opiates, I have some experience with hydromorphine, but no tolerance, I use it like 1-2 times/year.

I'm really starting to think kratom is placebo, because if it could make you high, why would people bother to get illegal stuff (weed or opiates)? And trust me, in Hungary if something can make you high hungarians would use it. (We are stupid enough to do the nastiest RCs if it gets us high, but that's another story :D ).

Myosis, constipation, itching and relief of opioid-induced withdrawal symptoms means kratom is the real deal. You guys probably aren't using the right sources. Kratom is most definitely legit. High quality leaf was used by me in the past to substitute for a daily gram IV dope habit. Trust me, I'd know if it were placebo.

I've only tried "Bali Kratom Super Pills". Kratom is legal in my country and I bought it at the most famous headshop of Hungary, so I'm 99% sure that it was real Kratom.

I popped 12 pills (step-by-step, first I popped 2, waited, then 3 and so on) and it DID NOTHING to me. If we don't count the mild pain in my legs and feet, and an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. It was a complete waste of money.

I thought maybe it's just me, so I offered some of the remaining pills to my friends. They didn't get any positive or negative effects. They never used opiates, I have some experience with hydromorphine, but no tolerance, I use it like 1-2 times/year.

I'm really starting to think kratom is placebo, because if it could make you high, why would people bother to get illegal stuff (weed or opiates)? And trust me, in Hungary if something can make you high hungarians would use it. (We are stupid enough to do the nastiest RCs if it gets us high, but that's another story :D ).

Just because you bought it from the "most famous headshop" it doesn't mean iit's legit. It doesn't mean much at all honestly. The stuff you had was bunk or you didn't take enough. And most drug users don't know of kratom or that you can buy real drugs online, or simply don't trust the web, or other silly reasons

I think my post was misread. Basically I was wondering if my friends method of ingestion was correct or if he should change a few things.

Cheers.

method of ingestion is sound. Maeng Da (surprisingly it actually means derogatory slang for a pimp) is more stimulating then other varieties.

Bali will give you a slight euphoric mood lift. Take it with magnesium to potentate the effects. Personally I prefer the toss and wash method. I get my mouth wet with a sip of water. Then I take whatever amount I'm taking and place it on a paper that has been folded in the middle so it resembles a v looking straight on at it. I pour the powder into my mouth and then take a sip of water and wash it around your mouth then swallow....it works better,with less sticking to the sides of your mouth if the water is warmer.

I like your avatar...for some reason it reminds me of tycho.

I'm a veteran Kratom user (expert)...rule one is to find a good vendor that supplies a high quality and non-toxic product. I've found that anything less than 10grams per dose is useless.

Ah ok, thank you guys. All input is appreciated.

Guess the toss n wash will be attempted.

(Altough swallowing 10grams in one mouthful seems pretty hard!)

First of all down swim while taking drugs you and your friends could drown and that would be a pretty shitty way to end a trip!

Been using Kratom for pain management for a year or more although have not been using it as much as I am getting strong opioids from the Dr. I take about 7.5+ grams in the evening to cope with certain health problems and I get a good 5/6 hours relief. I tended only to use once a day. I got a capsule making machine off Amazon which means I didn't have to swallow the vile stuff!

I do occasional get a slight buzz but I really only take to medicate. I would doubt if there is much point searching for a buzz under 10 grams but its all down to the individual. I didn't notice any withdrawal on stopping other than a return of the health problem. I've tried Green, Red and White varieties along with Bali and Borneo variants and can honestly say I could tell no difference in any but stuck with the red Bali for supposedly best pain relief.

A great medicine that has less chance of harming than the prescribed opioids/opiates.

Enjoy your trip.

There is most definitely a difference in the way the strains feel. If you are not on any stronger opiates you will feel the effects differently.

Premium Bali is was bob has right now. Bob does take DHC atm ~ 200mg per day & ~ 4mg Etizest/ Etizolam. (Benzo-like-substance)

Perhaps this is causing the lack of effectiveness?

Last edited:
Ive read miraculous things about it but yeah, even the red stimulates too much
the only positive is ease of pain med withdrawals...I havent found the right vendor ?

Yeah keep looking for a good one. I used to get from one source and it was barely psychoactive at all. The source I have now has pretty good stuff. I don't need to use as much to make my tea. I also don't have to take as big a mouthful for toss and wash.

Experienced Kratom User's Advice

**SNIP SNIP**

My go-to method of ingestion is 3 or four spoonfuls, which I simply drop on my tongue, and then wash down quickly with some water. This does take a bit of getting used to, as it can cause some initial nausea, but the effects started out as euphoric (reminded me of benzos) and then slowly faded into that familiar nod and slight itchiness of opiates.

**Also, for maximum effectiveness, Kratom should be taken on an empty stomach.**

I am a 27yr old male; ~155lbs; no opiate tolerance, but probably have a decent Kratom tolerance at this point.

Hope this was helpful.

-Beezo

Last edited by a moderator: