• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom dose with opiate tolerance

vichound

Greenlighter
I am going to try getting some kratom, but so much mixed info out there! I usually would take 2 norco 10 every 3 hours or so and then 4-5 to get a good high. What should I take of kratom? And any preference on extracts vs powders and types like super or commercial Thailand etc? Just don't want to get it and not have enough to make it worth while. Also don't want to end up taking too much. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I really consider that to be an "opiate tolerance"; more like threshold. I'd eat no more than 5 grams of anything, not so much because you'll be too blasted but because you have to get your stomach used to it.

I will PM you a good website to buy it from. I've never bought from here but apparently it is the shit from people I know that do Kratom.

I've done it a few times. I'd compare it to tramadol or a lowww dose of tapentadol. Sadly, it is not noddy and most have a stimulating element similar to thebaine opiates. You'll get high, sure. Hopefully you'll be one of the ones that like it a lot since its legal. Some people swear by it.

Since there are so many different kratom strains, each with different strengths and potency, there's no standardized kratom dose. All I can recommend is getting either advice from someone who has tried it, or just work your way up from threshhold dose until you hit the right the spot.

Also, we do not use 'SWIM' on this site, as it does nothing to protect you from self-incrimination, and just makes posts annoying to read.

at the start 5-8 grams did me good (30-45mgs oxycodone gets me high), but the kratom high isn't very debilitating and doesnt hit me like a train like oxy does, its subtle and a little dreamy. euphoria is present at times. after i started taking it regularly, i would need 10-15 grams which is a shit ton of fucking powder to swallow. kratom has limited recreational abilities and it is best used to stave off WD

I'm posting in this semi-old thread because what I have to say has relevance to the OP.

I have a tolerance to about 200mg of Oxy / day. I can take up to 90mg in one dose.

8-10mg of powdered Bali Kratom definitely gives me an opiate euphoria. I'm on it right now and loving every second. This is premium powdered bali however, so it's a bit stronger.

Either way, to say it's not recreational I think is a bit misleading. This feels close enough to the real thing that it is absolutely recreational. But I do agree, Kratom is a godsend for WD's. I'd know, I'm in them right now =).

I use Kratom mostly when I'm out of my pills (norcos usually), and I would start with 5 or 6 grams. I like the Bali leaf or powder the best. Get the best results from those versus pre-encapsulated pills or extracts. It seems to be the cheapest too.

For me the Kratom is a nice mild feeling, much better than nothing but not my first DOC.

Im confused...you guys are saying that you need to take 5-6 grams yet Saosin says he only took 8-10MG...how is that possible?

Also im in some pretty bad heroin withdrawals right now..is Kratom even a possibility to someone like me who has a major habit? Just to use as a tool to detox from heroin?

they probably meant grams. it eased minor wd's for me, it doesn't get me high from what i've tried

Doesn't get you high. Does take the edge off, though. Used as maintenance Kratom has real value.I use 2 cups of Kratom coffee a day (2x10 gr decent leaf).For me it has an almost anti-depressant effect.IME, it is far more benign than a corresponding poppy-straw habit would be. Always go for good powdered leaf with the full spectrum of alkaloids (40 or so) rather than extracts(15, maybe). Also, as people have commented before, extracts can sometimes feel a bit too much like "the real thing".

5.33 grams of Kratom will be equivalent to 2 Norcos, and 10.66g = 4 Norcos (40mg hydro).

The problem is that doses over 8-10 grams tend to cause nausea, so try making some tea using a proper technique (search the internet) so you don't burn the alkaloids with too high of a temp. Filtering out non-water soluble alkaloidal plant matter will greatly cut down on nausea.

1g of good quality Kratom ~= 3.75mg hydro

I'm a high opiate user following multiple back surgeries and we'll u know the rest. I use about 10 Norco tens a day and when out I have to find dope. I ordered the bali capsules, do u know how many I should take for my first dose, to fight withdrawls but still have a pleasurable effect?

Jmar I'm a 115 lb female and due to my back issues I was prescribed 10mg oxycodone. Im now at the point to where it takes me 90+ mg to get a decent buzz. I just recently started experimenting with Kratom and it has been amazing for the withdrawals. It actually pretty much cured all of my withdrawal symptoms by dosing twice a day. I haven't taken any opiates in over a week and I'm no longer sick. I'm on my second batch (bought from two different vendors) and the first time I tried it I had no idea what I was doing and took 15 mg of kratom extract. It was awesome. Felt almost just like a good opiate buzz...until I spewed it all up a few hours later. It has also given me great relief from my back pain. Since then I've tried about 8 different strains including different red and green strains, dosing varying between 10-20 mg. I dosed up to 30 mg once and still felt nothing. So I'm basically saying it's great for withdrawal (I don't plan on starting the opiate habit back up), but other than that first extract I have found no recreational value. Oh and in the last week the taste and smell of kratom has become so disgusting that I can't keep the drink down. Guess it's time to experiment.

Well I mean the kratom I took was in the form of capsules and they were 200 mgs each, I took 3 of them and I definitely felt pretty good, similar to a hydrocodone feeling. But kratom also made me feel a little stimulated

I wish I had kratom when I went off Suboxone cold turkey, instead I had an ounce of shrooms lol