• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom + diazepam?

I can relate to the impending catastrophic doom anxiety, I wish I could say something that would help but anxiety has a way to attach itself to something else.

I'm currently in a Benzo taper I've gone from 60mg diazepam to 40mg and currently holding.

I feel like I need a little pick me up, after being sedated for so long. I can handle coffee no problem which is nice. I guess I'm looking for a substance that's not overly stimulating, but quite euphoric it's been years since I felt serotonin 😭
I appreciate the sentiment, friend.

As we know, anxiety is a bitch, but benzos can be a powerful, effective tool. Having an addictive personality made it a challenge for many years regulating my benzo use (prescribed), and to a much lesser extent it still is to this day. That being said, all things considered, I am in a better, healthier place now than I have been in many years (took an 8 year hiatus from daily benzo use with the exception of the occaional bout of etizolam use) and I have xanax to thank for that. The extended release formula is a fantastic medication for me, and I never even knew it existed until I started taking it less than a year ago.

For me, I enjoy the euphoria and parodoxical stimulation and sedation that OPMS black gives me. Adding in coffee obviously brings on the stimulant aspect more and I find it enjoyable. Add in cannabis distillate and nicotine, and for me that's sufficient, these days.

So what is your official answer to is Kratom weaker than bupe?

Kratom is the same strength?
Kratom is stronger?
Or are the components just so different it’s impossible to quantify?
Depends on what effects you are talking about. Kratom is more than just a partial opioid agonist. It has other effects too
Assuming you mean opioid-wise: the science on kratom just isnt there, its all anedoctal and subjective

This guy is giving you bad info bupe is way stronger than kratom, they're not even in the same ballpark.
Ah - is this why they prescribe bupe to get off kratom? Also - im not a guy but go off playa.

By "ballpark" do you mean that they are both partial MOR agonists and weak kappa antagonists?

You are trying to argue something that is completely subjective - but hey, if YOU feel like one is stronger than that has to be fact, right?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK459126/

Last edited:
Ah - is this why they prescribe bupe to get off kratom? Also - im not a guy but go off playa. By "ballpark" do you mean that they are both partial MOR agonists and weak kappa antagonists?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK459126/
I'm speaking from years of personal experience with both.