• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Kratom chemistry & pharmacology minithread

@AutoTripper: What is red garlic, a special preparation like the fermented black garlic here? Never heard of that yet but sounds like something I need to give a try.

Sac re blueh ooh la la etc etc

My apologies to the french in advance
It's pepper Le piue that suave skunks fault really

^
I request for this individual to be banned, it's an outrage!

A quick and easy extract is to soak in 90% isopropanol and filter with cheese cloth then coffee filter, let it evaporate until you don’t smell the iso anymore and poor off the water layer and discard it, might be able to use 70% alcohol to pull more shit out but I know 90 works well, scrape the Pyrex and you got a pretty potent extract that you can see crystals in and either be further refined or taken as is

Can someone please kindly explain what might the effects be of kratom AND taking sifrol which effects the dopamine levels? I get confused about the lingo and what things do but I do feel a bit better when I take sifrol if I haven't taken it in a while but don't want to take it if it stops the kratom from working.

Kratom for me isn't always very euphoric or pleasant but I am withdrawing from opioids so was using this to taper off.

Thank you for reading.

Can someone please kindly explain what might the effects be of kratom AND taking sifrol which effects the dopamine levels? I get confused about the lingo and what things do but I do feel a bit better when I take sifrol if I haven't taken it in a while but don't want to take it if it stops the kratom from working.

Kratom for me isn't always very euphoric or pleasant but I am withdrawing from opioids so was using this to taper off.

Thank you for reading.
Kratom has some action at the dopamine D1 receptor (and several others), while sifrol works on D2,3,4 receptors.

I am not the smartest drug nerd here but it's not going to block the kratom. There may be some uncomfortable (potentially dangerous) interaction side effects, though. I would take some caution and start with lose amounts of kratom. I have zero knowledge on sifrol (Pramipexole).

Sifrol is pramipexole, right? That's a dopamine agonist which prefers D3 over D2. Are you taking it for restless legs?

Kratom antagonizes D2, but not very powerfully - maybe pramipexole has stronger affinity and will stop kratom/mitragynine from antagonizing D2. Interesting @snafu of the Forst, I didn't know yet that kratom also works on D1. It has an awfully dirty profile. So, guess it will antagonize D1 too, but also not very powerfully so. I did combine kratom with both memantine (a D2 agonist) and pramipexole/sifrol without any negative effects. If you take it for restless legs, you might feel an increase in symptoms, but chances are that the opioid/mu agonistic effects take them away at the same time. Most pronounced adverse effect I get from kratom alone is a strange dysphoria which I blame the dopamine antagonism for - and in combo with some dopamine agonist this effect fades away.

I don't see problems here :)

Sifrol is pramipexole, right? That's a dopamine agonist which prefers D3 over D2. Are you taking it for restless legs?

Kratom antagonizes D2, but not very powerfully - maybe pramipexole has stronger affinity and will stop kratom/mitragynine from antagonizing D2. Interesting @snafu of the Forst, I didn't know yet that kratom also works on D1. It has an awfully dirty profile. So, guess it will antagonize D1 too, but also not very powerfully so. I did combine kratom with both memantine (a D2 agonist) and pramipexole/sifrol without any negative effects. If you take it for restless legs, you might feel an increase in symptoms, but chances are that the opioid/mu agonistic effects take them away at the same time. Most pronounced adverse effect I get from kratom alone is a strange dysphoria which I blame the dopamine antagonism for - and in combo with some dopamine agonist this effect fades away.

I don't see problems here :)
Thank you for your reply. Yes the sifrol is for restless legs and is for pramipexole. I think the restless legs was caused by opioid withdrawal also so hopefully I won't need it long term.

I am off most things now but have no energy so back to taking hordenine and synephrinine of a morning which I am not meant to do as my liver enzymes are high last test but without anything I can't barely function to do what is necessary. I am honestly concerned I am going to end up being put in a mental hospital or somewhere sometimes.