• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Break. Will these supplement drugs all mix ok?

Loaded4life

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, long time stalker, first time poster. Happy to be here. With that said ill be taking at least month break from a heavy kratom habit. I have gathered some things to help the withdrawls. Very interested in feed back and to see if these all mix okay or what. Multi vitamin, 5htp, tagamet, lope and gabapentin and a few .25mg Xanax tabs. I understand that drinking is counterproductive but what would happen if i had a few drinks in the initial few days of detoxing from the kratam whilst taking all this stuff?? Thanks in advanced. Looking forward to your responses!

Hmm I don't have the capability atm to go over all the finer points if we nland drug cocktails, and certainly not loperamide. I will say to be careful with lope for multiple reasons and research it thoroughly first. And remember, it doesn't the a month for the body to adjust to kratom wd.(Usually) However loperamide we is surprisingly harsh, and it's a long acting medication. So if you're not careful, you shall needlessly trade one addiction/dependency, for another. Overall what you named is safe, although loperamide and cimetidine combined is arguably always risky. Someone else w/ more kratom experience perhaps r just a differing view shall throw in

I used loperamide, xanax and some multi-vitamins for kratom withdrawal. I actually found the loperamide easy to taper off. I did 6 in the morning, 6 in the evening, next day 5 in the morning, 5 in the evening, and so on and so forth. For 6 days. And ~1mg xanax to sleep at night. It worked well. Loperamide can be addicting and dangerous but I have had pretty good success with it as a tool for withdrawal. I think the key is to not get too comfortable using it. Make a plan and stick to it. Same with xanax... do not get in the habit of taking it every day.

As for alcohol, it makes restlessness worse, which means I end up taking more xanax than I would have otherwise. best to just not drink.

Good luck.

I have a seriously heavy and long term kratom habit, which I use for diagnosed chronic pain; I got tired of the pain clinic BS.

I've found dextromethorphan (DXM) to he invaluable in any opioid, including kratom, detox. There's a few studies out there exhibiting its efficacy in opioid withdrawl; one in particular was DXM in combo with diazepam shown to significantly aid in heroin withdrawl.
Personally, I don't get much from cimetidine.
Gabapentin, or any gabapentinoid (pregabalin, phenibut), is very helpful in WD. I agree that alcohol increases restlessness and doesn't help all that much. Loperamide is helpful, but I personally only take therapeutic/recommended doses.

Stay hydrated, eat appropriately, and listen to your body. Go slow mixing all these things. Being safe is the most important thing. You can definitely overdo a gabapentin, alprazolam, alcohol combo easily...
What is your daily kratom intake? Why are you stopping? Can you taper?

Last edited:
I have a seriously heavy and long term kratom habit, which I use for diagnosed chronic pain; I got tired of the pain clinic BS.

I've found dextromethorphan (DXM) to he invaluable in any opioid, including kratom, detox. There's a few studies out there exhibiting its efficacy in opioid withdrawl; one in particular was DXM in combo with diazepam shown to significantly aid in heroin withdrawl.
Personally, I don't get much from cimetidine.
Gabapentin, or any gabapentinoid (pregabalin, phenibut), is very helpful in WD. I agree that alcohol increases restlessness and doesn't help all that much. Loperamide is helpful, but I personally only take therapeutic/recommended doses.

Stay hydrated, eat appropriately, and listen to your body. Go slow mixing all these things. Being safe is the most important thing. You can definitely overdo a gabapentin, alprazolam, alcohol combo easily...
What is your daily kratom intake? Why are you stopping? Can you taper?

Thank you so much for you replies everyone, greatly appreciate. Im at about 35 grams a day spread through like 4 doses give or take. I use it for chronic pain also but its just basically losing all effectiveness and i want to bring the magic back. I guess i could taper if i give it to my girlfriend to dispense only when needed. Its not so much the acute withdraws im worried about its more the depression that comes after. The days at work just are not the same. Ive done three week break a while ago but i wasnt taking the doses iam now. I guess i just need to bite the bullet. The only reason i like the gabapentin is for the rls at nights. maybe ill do like a one week taper then just cold turkey when the weekend starts. What happens is my back pain just gets so bad i just usually throw in the towel. Everyone has told me bikram yoga will do wonders for me. So maybe ill give that a try. Thanks again everyone