• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom and the end of OCD

supermaniac

Greenlighter
For what its worth, and if anyone can relate I'd love to hear. I've had severe OCD for 7-8 years, been hospitalized for it, completely unable to function. I decided to try kratom once, cause I was expecting a drug test so no weed for me.
The first couple of weeks, I HAD to have it, Id like get depressed and go crazy trying to get it. Probably not too stable. But after that time, I started feeling fine, and believe or not, my OCD has gone into about 90% remission. Even so much I've been able to stop clomipramine, the classic OCD treatment.
Now I just take a teaspoon or so a day, usually a green/yellow variant. Paradoxically (since its supposed to be the calming one), red vein is horrible for me. Most of those first few weeks I was using the red, cause I supposed that it would be the one to help anxiety. Instead it made me a nutcase. Yet now. I'm the most functional and med-free since maybe 2008.

Your new affair with kratom, will be short lived. Kratom is quite addicting, sooner or later your new friend kratom will let you down. The best part s you can taper down. Kratom will surprise you! I went through it all.

I understand what keychick is saying, but I had severe, suicidal depression for about 18 mos or so and nothing helped. The meds the drs gave me made it worse and Paxil hospitalized me. Then I found Kratom.
It's all ok in moderation

shit like kratom and phenibut work to a certain extent and are short lived they do provide relief but you will quickly catch yourself needing more and more
so not only do you have to deal with your original issue but then you can also add in the kratom issues of trying to taper off the shit
IMO dont bother using it but if you ignore everything and use it anyway take in moderation take good amounts of breaks between dosings

OCD doesn't just "go away" unless you get therapy or take meds for it.

You sound like you're addicted to Kratom. Be careful.

I know a lot of people who got addicted to Kratom and then switched to pharmaceutical opiates, and got addicted to those. Or vice-versa.

Last edited: