• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and other opioids.

Beenhereb4

Greenlighter
I had built up a crazy tolerance to dirty 30's a few years ago but have long since quit those. In the meantime I have developed a daily habit of kratom. I manage to get my hands on various scripts of hydrocodone or morphine from time to time and 90% percent of the time I feel absolutely nothing from taking the opioids. and I am talking very high doses that basically do nothing.

I see on here that kratom can reduce the effects of regular opioid pills significantly. I'm wondering how long do I need to lay off the kratom in order to get anything out of the hydro. I miss the hydro effects and would like to get back to where I can pop 10 and be mellowed out/head nod for hours. Currently, 15-20 hydro or 15+ - 15 milligram morph essentially have zero affect on me and I'd like to know why. If it's as simple as taking to much kratom it'll be well worth it to me to quit

I had built up a crazy tolerance to dirty 30's a few years ago but have long since quit those. In the meantime I have developed a daily habit of kratom. I manage to get my hands on various scripts of hydrocodone or morphine from time to time and 90% percent of the time I feel absolutely nothing from taking the opioids. and I am talking very high doses that basically do nothing.

I see on here that kratom can reduce the effects of regular opioid pills significantly. I'm wondering how long do I need to lay off the kratom in order to get anything out of the hydro. I miss the hydro effects and would like to get back to where I can pop 10 and be mellowed out/head nod for hours. Currently, 15-20 hydro or 15+ - 15 milligram morph essentially have zero affect on me and I'd like to know why. If it's as simple as taking to much kratom it'll be well worth it to me to quit
Ya its def a thing. Even at partial MOR agonism, mitragynine carries significant enough affinity. Kratom has a 24 hour elimination half-life so generally-speaking you should be good after 48 hours or so however anedoctally, I need about 4 days.

I would think that anything stronger than kratom would overpower the effects of kratom, but I guess that's not the case here. If kratom is in fact playing a significant role as to why hydros don't do much for you anymore and you're looking to get more from the hydros, then I'd say quit the kratom and stick with hydros. I normally wouldn't suggest switching from kratom to hydros (as kratom can be a great recovery tool), but if you have no plans about getting clean, then by all means do whatever feels better.

Check the binding affinty for 7-OH-Mytragine. Its halflive.

And there are also antagonist's in Kratom. For which that also matters. Then the fact Kratom as opiod raises tolerance to other opoids, is a known fact.

Kratom is total dog shit if you want to run any kind of opiate game....it will render your opiates useless and then takes awhile to get back...trust me if you're in the opiate game and want to keep your pimp hand strong do not fuck with Kratom it will ruin everything....now if your gonna make the switch to Kratom and stay on Kratom then yes go for it.... Not this camper !!!

Harm reduction, 20 norco is a lot of acetaminophen.