• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and dxm

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Hi I have the flu ( real flu not w/d flu)and a cough from hell that will eventually make me start talking to invisible blue people if it keeps me up too many more nights.

Before getting the flu, I had tappered to 2 teaspoons of kratom a day ( 1 morning and 1 at night. So, I am not sure if it?s safe to take on the box levels of dxm just to get this cough to stop and let me sleep I did a lot of reading about it and some say it is safe and others say it can cause serotonin syndrome. I am confused. Thanks

You just need to take a therapeutic dose of DXM? I think that should be fine. I know some people take higher doses of DXM to potentiate kratom, and other opioids. I'm not going to vouch for the safety of that, but I do not see a teaspoon or two of dxm being dangerous with kratom.

generally speaking, it is totally safe. it should not induce serotonin syndrome. It will likely potentiate the kratom.
A therapeutic dose of dextromethorphan (30-60mg) should not hurt combined with kratom, especially a dose as low as "1 teaspoon. may cause nausea.

Hey OP! I am so sorry to hear that you're dealing with "The Flu". It's a shitty thing, no doubt. I give you kudos for approaching your situation with caution. Luckily, I feel that this is a pretty easy issue to deal with. As per usual, things are only going to get really dangerous when you're pushing the limits of reasonable usage. Serotonin Syndrome is always a possibility, but you shouldn't have to worry about it as a healthy, biologically average individual. Take your standard dosage of Dextromethorphan (DXM) or really, whatever mitigates your cough and monitor for irregular symptoms.

You should be totally fine to medicate your cough!