• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom and dental work

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
I need major dental work and I found the dentist that does general Anastasia because I am more sensitive to pain due to my cerebral palsy. However, I am currently dependent on kratom. So, I have been tapering and putting off the dental work. However, now my mom, Who helps me financially because of my disability is forcing the issue. At the moment, I have to take kratom twice today (1 teaspoonful).

My mom does not know that I?m dependent on opiates and I think she would disown me if she found out because she?s assumes that unless one is abusing the medicine one cannot become dependent upon. So, even though I have been on pain medication for years because of a dislocated hip, she would assume that I am misusing it.

So I need advice has anyone taken kratom by plugging? ( it won?t be safe to take it or leave it on the day of the procedure). I could switch to Loperamide which I only need to take one today and I could drink it eight hours before the procedure which would be safe. Also, low dose loperamide doesn?t work on CNS, or barely does, which may be safer anyway.

Yes I know that it would be safest to take anything on the day of the procedure but that rain I?ll be in option if I don?t have time to finish tapering. Keeping oneself out of withdrawals is different than taking opiates for pain which is why truck drivers are allowed to take Methadone on duty.

I wish I could tell my mom to take a long walk off a short pier but I need her financial support, for now. Any advice on the situation regarding the use kratom or loperamide would be appreciated.

Dear blue monkey it is kinda hard to get the question out of what you wrote.
But there is imo no danger in taking a dose supressing just acute withdrawal durinG dental procedures.
I myself used way more involving scenario s during some procedures. Targeting not only endorfins but also gaba, nmda and cb 1 &2.
But to most I was used at that time. Then again no dental procedure will ever get you an opiate prescribed over here.

So kratom seems relatively save during or after if you ask me.

Sorry I got it you are getting general that uncommon. Forget what I wrote, my mind thought local anesthesia.

You could inform him or her your taking a light dose of natural minor painkiller. And that you have worry about the interaction.
If you are willing to do that play open with that person. But that s up to you,.

Well I have the flu ( never thought that could be the answer to prayer...) but it is because it should get mom to leave me alone for a few more weeks. Feeling like crap is making it hard to tapper though

See it as positively your flu will mask the withdrawal symptoms a bit. They are very alike aswell the flu will temper your hedonistic mind.
A maintance dose vs a heroic dose during a sickness.

So you have won extra time due to the flue, right? But you are going under general anesthesia after. I wish you best.

Or are you faking your flue. Again wd and flue are very alike and kratom will last about as long ;)

I’m not faking and I can’t quit coughing which is never been a withdrawal symptoms for me. I was disappointed to learn that DXM plus Kratom can cause major problems because at the moment I would give almost anything to stop coughing and sleep. Yes I won extra time ( I have to start being more specific when I pray for things...). I might exaggerate the time frame to mom who thankfully doesn’t live with me