• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom and antibiotics

Do any of you guys know if taking kratom can affect the efficiency of antibiotics. I’m taking amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium for a bad root canal and just ran out of my painkillers for the month, so I was going to take kratom but I was just wondering if the kratom could affect them.

Do any of you guys know if taking kratom can affect the efficiency of antibiotics. I’m taking amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium for a bad root canal and just ran out of my painkillers for the month, so I was going to take kratom but I was just wondering if the kratom could affect them.
They sure as fuck do! I have an article on it somewhere Ill find but also anedoctally - I was taking doxicycline recently and my kratom didnt hit until 48 hours after I stopped taking the antibiotic.

They sure as fuck do! I have an article on it somewhere Ill find but also anedoctally - I was taking doxicycline recently and my kratom didnt hit until 48 hours after I stopped taking the antibiotic.
Because kratom is acid-labile, it loses its effects when exposed to the same stomach environment for an extended length of time. Many antibiotics are acid-stable.

If kratom is co-administered with another acid-stable, fast absorbable medicine, such as antibiotics, the odds of its bioavailability being reduced are significant.