• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom alkaloid elimination rate question.

ThePredecessor

Bluelighter
Ok so the main two alkaloids that give kratom it's spot in medicinal history have a half life of 2.5 and 3.5 hours respectively. At this rate one could assume that after 24hours these two alkaloids would be completely eliminated from the system.

Does anyone have more information?

Yeah, I imagine so, but it would depend on the dose. Why does it matter, AFAIK no drug test kits look for kratom or its alkaloids. Is there a reason you're asking?

^ not true, my friend currently gets drug tested from kratom as an "illicit" substance.. they test for 1ng so I was trying to gather data for him if he where to slip..

There are only what 5 states that have scheduled kratom and he must live in one of them....And these states have special kratom tests already? Good lord.....looks like i will be buying kratom by the pound for the next few months.

Sadly this is close to a drug testing question.... Just discuss the metabolism and you should be OK.

Gosh. I wonder why ANYONE wants to live in that country.

Kratom is an illicit substance but Oxycodone, Benzos and Amphetamines (even to children) are prescribed. Hilarious =D

I'd say the half life of the most stable alkaloids of Kratom must be around 8h. Purely subjective impression.

Sadly this is close to a drug testing question.... Just discuss the metabolism and you should be OK.

exactly, I'm just trying to gather research about Kratom elimination rate. I believe 2 days should be MAX for any top tier alkaloids to be eliminated. Anyone else have a different opinion?

IDK I would imagine that the only alkaloid that would show present would be mitragynine as that makes up for most of the active alkaloid content in kratom AFAIK, the other alkaloids are all like 1%, mitragynine's half life is around 3-4 hours though. I would think that it would be undetectable after 24 hours, but maybe more. It'd be dose dependent of course.

Kratom;s half-life of main alkaloid, mitragynine, is 24-hours

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425236/
Ten male subjects completed the study without adverse reactions. The median duration of abuse was 1.75 years. We analyzed one subject separately due to the abnormal behavior of blood concentration. From data of nine subjects, the pharmacokinetic parameters established were time to reach the maximum plasma concentration (0.83±0.35 hour), terminal half-life (23.24±16.07 hours),