• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom abuse please help

Ken73

Greenlighter
So I started taking Kratom a year ago recreationally a couple times a week. Loved it and it help my depression and boosted my energy levels. I thought great I found the perfect drug! That's not the case. I found myself upping my doseage and increasing my frequency. I'm at 30-60 grams a day. I'm having a panic attack knowing it becoming a schedule 1 drug. I need to ween off of this stuff and quickly ran to the nearest head shop to purchase as much as I could afford. How should I decrease my usage and frequency to avoid withdrawals? Yes I've tried before cold turkey but I felt like crap within 24 hours. I need to find an antidepressant that works like kratom and has a energy boost effect? Any suggestions? Any supportive words or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Do you have a doctor? Or are you searching for a legal otc type replacement as antidepressant?

If you have a doctor he can prescribe you something strong for depression.

This whole shit-brained scheme by the DEA is an utter embarrassment and mockery to the principle of government agencies existing to serve the people. People are scattering around panicking to figure out what they are going to do. Sadly, a large portion of these people are likely scouring through their drawers to find their old phones, hoping their ex-dealer still has the same number.

Now, before answering your question, I would like to state that I am in very similar shoes, however, my daily usage has never neared that quantity. I have noticed something about kratom, though. It's a "less is more" type of thing, although there is a minimum for everyone. About 6 months ago, I was tired of spending money on 10-15 grams of kratom daily (even though I was getting it incredibly cheap online in bulk, I'm just a cheap fuck).

I tried starting the day with just 2 grams, and then 2 grams an hour later, 1 gram 1.5 hours later, and another gram about 2 hours later. To my delight, I was much, much higher by the third dose. I originally started taking kratom to get off of opana (~10 mg snorted daily), and it worked great. Surprisingly, by taking about 6-7 grams over the course of 4-6 hours, I felt just as content by the end of the day as I had felt when I was taking opana. I really don't know why this is, but I have a couple of theories.

One theory, which I gravitate towards, is that powdered kratom is so dry and fine that it acts rather hydrophobic (repelling water). If you've ever tried making kratom tea, you might have noticed that the kratom sits atop the water for a long time, until the water is fairly hot and the kratom is agitated.
***Note, I always take my kratom powder wrapped in squares of toilet paper, which I then drop into my mouth full of water while swallowing almost simultaneously. I'll assume you also either parachute your kratom, or use the "toss and wash" method.***
I imagine that when you swallow a large amount of powdered kratom, lets say 10 grams, only a portion is efficiently diluted into the contents of your stomach. The other portion might only end up being absorbed very slowly in your bowels. There might even be a portion that is never absorbed, and is just excreted untouched in your feces.

The only other theory I have has to do with the possibility that the active alkaloids affect the receptors in your brain in a way where they can only reach the receptors in full if taken in steady increments.

Anyways, to answer your question: Start with about 3 grams tomorrow. That should keep the shits away. Then an hour or 2 later, take another 2 grams. Then, 2-3 hours later, take another 2-3 grams. You'll get a feel for how much you really need to take to satiate your brain's desires. Good luck dude.

Im in the same boat. Using upwards of 50 grams a day.

Many people will be affected by this ban. I for one can not work while withdrawling from this.

The mental effects and anxiety over shadow the physical withdrawal by far.

I can take low dose kratom to get anti depressant effects. I dont feel the kratom anymore but I am not depressed or anxious .

I'm in the same boat. Working while WD from kratom is impossible plus I'm going through a bad breakup with my gf. Any suggestions on what I can replace kratom with? I go to an psychologist any otc drugs or proscribed?