Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Kratom 15x extract / 3g) Inexperienced - More subtle than I expected

shadybeep

Bluelighter
I'm an early 30s, 75kg male, I've never tried any proper opiates. I bought 6g of Kratom 15x extract which came in two bags, as a brown powder which smelled to me a lot like instant coffee. Over a week or two I had increased my doses, starting from 0.25g and up to 1.25g at which I felt minimal effects, each time eating it with a spoon washed down with milk. This surprisingly became much easier as time went on, as the powder was incredibly hydrophilic and started to clump and form a thick gooey resin when squeezed a bit.

I'd almost finished the first 3g bag without any real notable effects when I discovered the small amount left had literally dissolved into a gloopy tar which was impossible to remove from the bag, and didn't look very attractive anyhow. I'm not sure I'd want to buy this in any sort of reasonable quantity purely because of this!

In the time it had taken me to finish the first bag, the second had also become a bit more moist, but only to the extent that it had become very similar to high quality slate hash, which broke into pieces when snapped. I swallowed 2g of the pieces, and waited a while. (+1 hour for definite, non-placebo effects I think)

Recently (after this experience was long behind me) I watched a video of a man explaining why he loved heroin, how people were often surprised at the subtlety of the experience, expecting something profound and overwhelming, when instead they just found all the worries in the world gone, and everything a bit more wonderful than before. Fair comparison or not I do not know, but his descriptions certainly matched my feelings about Kratom. No real feeling of onset that I noticed, just a profound, deepening relaxation and contentment. I find with many drugs it takes a while to become acquainted with their effects and in turn to fully appreciate them, and I have no doubt it is true of Kratom.

At the time however, I was enjoying these effects, but expecting more, so I finished off the bag. I washed it down with a bit of dinner as I was pretty hungry, and continued appreciating the initial effects for maybe 40 more minutes, before I felt the waves of deepening contentment begin to rise up again and envelop me all deliciously. Which as you can imagine, was quite nice. However as it continued to rise in effect (I would have said intensity, but I found nothing intense about this drug) the pleasurable contentment was joined by a strange feeling of jittery anxiousness, like the weird uncomfortable feeling when you've smoked too much weed (although with nothing like the levels of paranoia). It was nothing too much to handle, and a beer and little bit of weed later I slept fine.

I think with hindsight I'd recognise the effects of the Kratom more easily, and would not have done the extra gram and instead enjoyed the experience for what it was. This is not to imply that it was in any way weak or unsatisfying, and I'll certainly be buying more to do at the 2g level (and probably beyond, because I really hate to miss out on anything!). I found the trip reports on the net seemed to vary in dose quite substantially, so I've mostly written this up to add my experience to the mix.

In summary:
I'd only buy what I was planning to use quite soon, as it absorbs water like nothing I've ever bought
Low doses don't seem to do very much, I certainly never noticed any stimulant effect from them (which I had seen claimed a few times)
The decent dose range doesn't appear to be that great, 1.25g was only minimally noticeable, 2g was nice but left me wanting more, 3g was probably too much
I've described it as subtle, but in many ways it's not at all, I was just looking in the wrong place in my brain for the effects. I love when a drug opens your consciousness to a part of you that you never noticed before, and I did not at all expect it from this.