• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom 15 hours after oxycodone HCL safe?

scatterday

Bluelight Crew
Dear BL,

After being warned and reading not to mix or consume kratom shortly after oxycodone HCL I'm curious as to whether or not now would be safe to start consuming my kratom.

I'm not addicted to oxycodone I just had a few yesterday.

It's been about 15 hours since my last oxycontin but I have read the only deaths recorded for kratom were people with opioids in their system still.

Just wanted to confirm it's safe to take my kratom now without any risk of negative effect.

Thanks in advance SD.

this is maybe too late but for the future consider that oxycontin has a 3-5 hours long halflife, so let's say you are a slower metabolizer, you would be classed at 5 hours halflife, so at 10-15 hours you would be in an okay teritory.

I've not used kratom before as there was no need to, but I've studied the plant before and I suppose the deaths are due to the respiratory depression provoked both by kratom and the other opioid.

plus even kratom on it's own is not really harmless, in certain situations it can be dangerous and cause deaths by itself. in rare cases of which I've read in the past there are signs of liver toxicity

Im not saying it hasn't happened, I just havent heard of a death from kratom toxicity alone. It is not harmless though, every drug has the potential for harm, but ODs on kratom alone are essentially unheard of. It can be hard on the liver, but most people with healthy liver and kidney function should not have to worry about this unless used in large amounts for long periods of time.
The only concern I have is the amount of oxycodone you consumed, which is unknown right now, and if the oxy was ir or xr. 15 hours is a long time though so you should be just fine.

What dose of oxycodone are we talking about here? Is it actually OxyContin (time release) or is it short release oxycodone? Two important questions.

If you took say 10mg IR oxycodone, then kratom 15 hours later is not gonna cause any interaction because the oxy itself has a short half-life and will be out of your system by that point, and with a low dose it leaves your system faster plus presents a lower risk anyway.

If on the other hand you took say 80mg OxyContin time release, you may still have an active dose of oxycodone in your system 15 hours later. The risk from mixing with kratom is low, because kratom is weak and only a partial agonist, but if you have a low oxy tolerance which your OP suggests a small risk would technically still exist.

Really though we're talking about 15 hours... in all likelihood you will be fine.

unless you're taking like 200mg++++ oxy and combining benzos/booze with it, you should be fine...