• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kpins

I?ve taken about 20 1mgs at once before and i did not od nothing bad actually happend just was fucked up for 2 days

There is no actual set amount that would push a person into overdose territory. What is your goal here?

As someone that's been addicted (legally) to xanax for 7 years I can tell you abusing benzos is stupid. Why not just take a normal dose? You're not gonna see anything enjoyable from taking too much klonopin other than sleeping a lot and/or blacking out.

There is no actual set amount that would push a person into overdose territory.

Is that true? I thought there definitely was.

Last edited:
While the LD 50 of Clonazepam from animals postulated into humans is astronomically high, it's the indirect occurrences like stairs, falls, electrocution, drowning, aspirating vomit, etc that seem to be just as problematic. Not that you couldn't have a bad reaction or be hypersensitive of course, but mix a downer with a fraction of that clonazepam and the odds of a bad outcome rise exponentially.

20 mg I believe was the most I took, I don't remember much (It wasn't an eventful day anyway) but I was functioning normally. To me at least, once you go above a certain dosage, there is a broad window of nothing.
Worth mentioning, someone passing out from taking too much would count as an OD, and for someone without tolerance, that could be as low as 6 mg. It doesn't help to say you didn't actually OD if you wake up in the ER.

While the LD 50 of Clonazepam from animals postulated into humans is astronomically high, it's the indirect occurrences like stairs, falls, electrocution, drowning, aspirating vomit, etc that seem to be just as problematic. Not that you couldn't have a bad reaction or be hypersensitive of course, but mix a downer with a fraction of that clonazepam and the odds of a bad outcome rise exponentially.
The LD 50 with a blood alcohol level of 0.05 would be exponentially lower. Never understimate drug synergy.

The LD 50 with a blood alcohol level of 0.05 would be exponentially lower. Never understimate drug synergy.

"..mix a downer with a fraction of that clonazepam and the odds of a bad outcome (not LD50) rise exponentially."

I took about 15mg over 6 hours and I blacked out twice in my house. I ended up in hospital and blacked out once there too.

OP, if you're suicidal talk to someone, a therapist, a friend or a family member. And maybe check out The Dark Side

The low incidence of respiratory depression with benzodiazepines, which differentiates it from barbiturates, is related to the low density of binding sites in the brainstem which houses the respiratory center.
Benzodiazepines (BZDs) taken in toxic doses without other coingestants rarely cause a significant toxidrome. The classic presentation in patients with isolated benzodiazepine overdose will include central nervous system (CNS) depression with normal or near normal vital signs. Many patients will still be arousable and even provide a reliable history. Classic symptoms include slurred speech, ataxia, and altered mental status. Respiratory compromise is uncommon in isolated BZD ingestions, but if taken with coingestants such as ethanol or other drugs/medications, respiratory depression can be notable. Of clinical importance is that most intentional ingestions of benzodiazepines involve coingestants, the most common being ethanol, which can lead to substantial respiratory depression and airway compromise. The dose required to produce respiratory compromise is difficult to quantify and depends on multiple factors including dosage, tolerance, weight, age, coingestants, and even genetics. Patients with severe toxicity will present stuporous or comatose, and immediate airway management and mechanical ventilation may be required.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482238/

Is that true? I thought there definitely was.

To clarify- "No set amount" Meaning at xx mg, whether someone would/would not definitely be in the danger zone is hard to say. Tolerance would play a big role but a specific number is difficult to quantify.