• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

KPIN for Lyrica withdrawal

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I’ve gotta question. I hardly have a tolerance to benzos. I’m tired of taking lyrica. It had been. A problem since 2013.

Will klonopin knock out the worst of the withdrawal if I just take it besides the lyrica? Mind you I don’t want to up my tolerance to benzodiazepines, cuz I know how bad the WD can be. I’m just trying to do the right thing.

How much lyrica u take a day,?
I’ve gotta question. I hardly have a tolerance to benzos. I’m tired of taking lyrica. It had been. A problem since 2013.

Will klonopin knock out the worst of the withdrawal if I just take it besides the lyrica? Mind you I don’t want to up my tolerance to benzodiazepines, cuz I know how bad the WD can be. I’m just trying to do the right thing.

no. they work by different mechanisms. it's possible you could be doped up on the benzos and not notice circumstances / severe wd from the lyrica and it could be a big problem. I'd strongly recommend titrating slowly out of the lyrica. knowing a daily dose would help here as well. Also - if you think being on lyrica/habituated to it is bad, i STRONGLY urge you not to replace the lyrica with clonazepam. benzos far and away are the worst withdrawal i have experienced from any substance class. life changing, damaging, and unremmiting hell for over 9 months. i was so shocked, had no idea something that bad could last that long. IT's like booze withdrawal that takes a year :( anyhow. best of luck, titrate that lyrica. maybe use kpin for a day or two at the very end, but don't pick up a kpin habit over this.

Are you afraid of runnig out of Lyrica? If not, if you are prescribed it or you have a true lot, then a taper will be the wiser way to go before jumping off them. I mean a slow taper.
Benzos will not fully cover you, don't go that route as you can regret it, like Cdin said.

600 a day is not so bad. for GABA tapers i personally have always began at 5% reduction a day, and keep w that number until i feel it, stop/stabilize and then continue. for 600mg 5% is 30mg. If you don't have
a good milligram scale, liquid titration will be the way to go (or volumetric measurement as it's called). pregabalin is freely soluble in water, so you can easily make a solution with a known quantity and an oral syringe and figure out what amount to remove to == 30mg. (so i'd pull 15mg out of the morning and night dose).

ive seen a lady on reddit who was taking 10g of pregabalin daily in a bizarre form of .... human captivity.. this lady was basically roped down by a dealer keeping her under control w this wild dose of raw pregabalin powder. you can titrate off 600mg.

Mhmmm drop 75 at a time every week. The jump to 0 when u are at 150. With gabaergics you just gotta tough it out the wds, it doesn't last too long. Just 4-5 days of feeling bad and then u come back to reality, I've been there too man. You got this 👍 👌

So OP, you said you are doing 600 mgs a day and that you have been on it since 2013, but is it a daily thing or maybe you are on some kind of a binge?
If it is a binge, I think you can taper as Nznity suggested, by 75 mgs, but if you have been on it daily for a solid 9 years I strongly advice to go the Cdin route and do a very gradual taper.
Also, Lyrica is a weird drug. Some people seem to not have that much of a problem stopping it where others find it very hard. Lets hope you are on the lucky side of the spectrum.
And, again, don't put benzos on the equation. They will only work to a minimum degree, or that is my experience with diazepam during pregabs wds.

Seriously my brother 9 years at 600mg even though it not massive amount its the the years you been on it As Nzznity and senor moreno said taper jump at 150 to 100 mg valium will help for sure and get some ibuprofen because you might have a splitting headache

I recommend a long taper.. Go down by 50mg per week, eg:

Week 1: 600mg
Week 2: 550mg
Week 3: 500mg
Week 4: 450mg
and so on.

Maybe take the occasional Clonazepam tablet for bed time but only as needed otherwise you'll end up swaping one addiction for another!

Yes, definitely do a taper if that is in any way possible for you. A lot of folks experience feelings similar to yours and they make brash decisions like quitting a drug dependency overnight. I have so much admiration for wanting to grab the bull by the horns, but like the charge of the Light Brigade, all the bravery in the world can still get you easily annihlated.

I'm not a huge fan philosophically of using Benzodiazepines to quit Gabapentinoids. I understand it makes sense. There's definitely some cross-over benefit that you'll get from Gaba Agonists like Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril), but time has really shown us more and more how fucked up Benzo's are and I more and more tend to lean in the direction of, let's say:

You're coming off Fentanyl and you've got 3 hard days ahead of you. You want to sedate yourself for 3 days, hey, if you're being safe otherwise, I don't see the harm. That's 3 days though. The idea that you'e sort of, thinking of using them whenver you need them feels to me like setting yourself up for some boundary issues. The idea of you using Benzodiazepines like this feels like a bad idea.

If you're talking just for 2-3 days, I don't think that is a terrible idea. However, this is all pretty much negated by the fact that we all think you should taper as opposed to suddenly withdraw. Let us know what you're thinkin

What I mean by a problem is I abuse it. Always going maybe half a month then suffer. I was just prescribed 600x2 lately and as you can tell even then I can’t do the right thing. I’m just tired of being held captive by this drug.

Benzos I can take correctly which is an irony. But yes it’s been switched several times from high doses of gabapentin to Lyrica. Now I’m at the end of my rope. I know how benzo withdrawal feels but I’m really desperate to do anything.

What I mean by a problem is I abuse it. Always going maybe half a month then suffer. I was just prescribed 600x2 lately and as you can tell even then I can’t do the right thing. I’m just tired of being held captive by this drug.

Benzos I can take correctly which is an irony. But yes it’s been switched several times from high doses of gabapentin to Lyrica. Now I’m at the end of my rope. I know how benzo withdrawal feels but I’m really desperate to do anything.
Having been on Lyrica/ Pregabalin at a prescribed dose of 225 mg a day. Years ago, so it is hazy.

But one thing that stood out was after cessation I had no WD's whatsoever. No clue how long I had been taking them, but at least a year. But after I quitted I still had load's left. So you might be in a totally diff spot. What might have played a role was that I was also smoking Cannabis and using Kratom. Also after stopping.

But if its possible I would advise you to taper just on Pregabalin. Benzo addiction is way more serious. Although it will certainly help. Just treat it as a emergency only kinda thing.

Yes, definitely do a taper if that is in any way possible for you. A lot of folks experience feelings similar to yours and they make brash decisions like quitting a drug dependency overnight. I have so much admiration for wanting to grab the bull by the horns, but like the charge of the Light Brigade, all the bravery in the world can still get you easily annihlated.

I'm not a huge fan philosophically of using Benzodiazepines to quit Gabapentinoids. I understand it makes sense. There's definitely some cross-over benefit that you'll get from Gaba Agonists like Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril), but time has really shown us more and more how fucked up Benzo's are and I more and more tend to lean in the direction of, let's say:

You're coming off Fentanyl and you've got 3 hard days ahead of you. You want to sedate yourself for 3 days, hey, if you're being safe otherwise, I don't see the harm. That's 3 days though. The idea that you'e sort of, thinking of using them whenver you need them feels to me like setting yourself up for some boundary issues. The idea of you using Benzodiazepines like this feels like a bad idea.

If you're talking just for 2-3 days, I don't think that is a terrible idea. However, this is all pretty much negated by the fact that we all think you should taper as opposed to suddenly withdraw. Let us know what you're thinkin
completely second avoiding the benzos.