• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kpin-cimetidine and cigarette interaction

Kpingod

Bluelighter
I have a few clonazepam and I’m a pack or 2 a day smoker. Just wondering if 400-600(or more?)mg cimetidine would offset the enzyme induction from smoking. I’ve searched and searched but no one talks about the mix of benzos with both cimetidine and smoking.

Not sure I know cimetidine effects valium and xanax.

Not sure on exactly timing either so I just take it half hr before the benzos.

Try it and see

I did but I can’t say I notice anything yet. Not any stronger than when I take without cimetidine but maybe it’ll last a bit longer. Will report if it does happen to. Actually I only took 1mg kpin and it maybe feels a hair stronger than normal but still barely noticeable(decent tolerance, I can function on like 9mg+).

Anyway dosed right after I made the thread and the 600mg cimetidine about 30min prior. Now wondering if I should take more cimetidine to continue to inhibit enzymes.

I did but I can’t say I notice anything yet. Not any stronger than when I take without cimetidine but maybe it’ll last a bit longer. Will report if it does happen to. Actually I only took 1mg kpin and it maybe feels a hair stronger than normal but still barely noticeable(decent tolerance, I can function on like 9mg+).

Anyway dosed right after I made the thread and the 600mg cimetidine about 30min prior. Now wondering if I should take more cimetidine to continue to inhibit enzymes.
Yeah give it a shot nothin to lose

Off topic in my own thread but think I should take some buspar(I got the 30mg bars) and trazodone(got 150mg tabs), maybe flexeril with kpin and cimetidine? Normally I’d just drink a beer but the banks closed so no $$$. Is that a safe combo or doing too much?

Edit: not looking for crazy euphoria, just comfy sedation

Edit2: so I took 10mg flexeril, 75mg trazodone and another .5mg kpin. Will report if it’s great or terrible but I just expect heavy sedation, maybe even a mild nod

Last edited:
Off topic in my own thread but think I should take some buspar(I got the 30mg bars) and trazodone(got 150mg tabs), maybe flexeril with kpin and cimetidine? Normally I’d just drink a beer but the banks closed so no $$$. Is that a safe combo or doing too much?

Edit: not looking for crazy euphoria, just comfy sedation

Edit2: so I took 10mg flexeril, 75mg trazodone and another .5mg kpin. Will report if it’s great or terrible but I just expect heavy sedation, maybe even a mild nod
No ATM'S? Couldn't say I'm not familiar with those drugs

In a blackout I lost my debit card and ID :/ trazodone is like super sedating, flexeril is a muscle relaxant. Took a fairly mild dose of each but I gotta say I feel pretty relaxed. Planning to take another 175mg trazodone in like an hour to go to bed, it works in like 30 min and guarantees 6hrs or so of sleep ime.

In a blackout I lost my debit card and ID :/ trazodone is like super sedating, flexeril is a muscle relaxant. Took a fairly mild dose of each but I gotta say I feel pretty relaxed. Planning to take another 175mg trazodone in like an hour to go to bed, it works in like 30 min and guarantees 6hrs or so of sleep ime.
Nice one..enjoy

Hey everybody :)

So, I posted a link there to a nice Pubmed article that addresses this topic pretty succinctly. The article does mention the classical Benzodiazepines Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) and Diazepam (Valium), which does bring to the fore some questions. These two Benzodiazepines are older and follow a more complex metabolic process, if you will, then a drug like Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril), which is a comparatively simpler metabolic process. Both of the formerly mentioned Benzodiazepines are routinely found in urine specimens up to 3-4 weeks after last usage, so that tells you something.

I have a lot of experience with Cimetidine and have read about it and it seems to be a true wild card in that if has effects on a wide range of different drugs, but to varying degrees of course. I can only wager that Cimetidine (Tagamet) will somehow slow the metabolism of the Clonazepam, but to what extent, I'm unsure, as there is not a lot of hard data on it.

Hey everybody :)

So, I posted a link there to a nice Pubmed article that addresses this topic pretty succinctly. The article does mention the classical Benzodiazepines Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) and Diazepam (Valium), which does bring to the fore some questions. These two Benzodiazepines are older and follow a more complex metabolic process, if you will, then a drug like Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril), which is a comparatively simpler metabolic process. Both of the formerly mentioned Benzodiazepines are routinely found in urine specimens up to 3-4 weeks after last usage, so that tells you something.

I have a lot of experience with Cimetidine and have read about it and it seems to be a true wild card in that if has effects on a wide range of different drugs, but to varying degrees of course. I can only wager that Cimetidine (Tagamet) will somehow slow the metabolism of the Clonazepam, but to what extent, I'm unsure, as there is not a lot of hard data on it.
3-4 weeks...damn that just goes to show how my 3rd gp knows

Well I got like 6hrs of sleep so the trazodone seemed to metabolize at normal rate(wasn’t potentiated by the cimetidine) but unfortunately I crashed out at like 9pm so I’m up at 3am. Also had fairly vivid dreams but could just be a coincidence.

Did seem like the kpin lasted at least a little longer, normally they fade out mostly after about 4 hours(though I still get minor anxiolysis for another 2-3hrs, but barely noticeable). I’d say I felt the kpin for about 2hrs longer than without cimetidine. Not sure if the flexeril really did much and I rarely take flexeril. Was all in all a good buzz, felt very sedated without feeling weird or nasty like a big dose of seroquel would.

Well I got like 6hrs of sleep so the trazodone seemed to metabolize at normal rate(wasn’t potentiated by the cimetidine) but unfortunately I crashed out at like 9pm so I’m up at 3am. Also had fairly vivid dreams but could just be a coincidence.

Did seem like the kpin lasted at least a little longer, normally they fade out mostly after about 4 hours(though I still get minor anxiolysis for another 2-3hrs, but barely noticeable). I’d say I felt the kpin for about 2hrs longer than without cimetidine. Not sure if the flexeril really did much and I rarely take flexeril. Was all in all a good buzz, felt very sedated without feeling weird or nasty like a big dose of seroquel would.
Good to hear

So no one knows how well cimetidine inhibits vs how much smoking induces the enzymes that metabolize klonopin? I took 600mg cimetidine 45min ago and just now popped 2.5mg kpin and another 200mg cimetidine. I smoke around a pack and a half of Marlboros a day. Would love to have my kpin last like 10-12hrs, would be heavenly.

Also would like to know if smoking right before or after taking kpin is gonna make a difference as I’ve read several times that the enzymes are elevated for 4 days from your last smoke. So basically does it make a difference if I abstain from smoking for the few hours the kpin are affecting me?