• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

kOR ligands from fungus: collybolide and 9-epi-collybolide

izo

Bluelighter
just stumbled upon this:

Collybolide is a novel biased agonist of κ-opioid receptors with potent antipruritic activity

they isolated two new kOR agonists from Collybia maculata, similar to salvinorin a, namely collybolide and 9-epi-collybolide:

F1.large.jpg

link to the study.

I saw this somewhere a few days ago. That kind of kappa agonists can relieve pain without causing dysphoria, good for someone who can't get normal pain medication because of having been an addict. However, the only compound of that type that has been accepted as a medication is nalfurafine, which is registered in Japan for treating bad itching.

i checked the mushroom. it is not edible,but not poisonous either. is it possible to consume enough of this chemical through normal ingestion of the mushroom as ground powder or mixed in tea??

its supposed to taste very bitter but i heard of one bioassay with the dried mushroom which resulted in light effects.

i checked the mushroom. it is not edible,but not poisonous either. is it possible to consume enough of this chemical through normal ingestion of the mushroom as ground powder or mixed in tea??

The collybolides are likely to have too short half-life to be useful drugs for oral use because of those two ester bonds that are hydrolysed easily. And you can't be sure about what side effects it has.

The collybolides are likely to have too short half-life to be useful drugs for oral use because of those two ester bonds that are hydrolysed easily. And you can't be sure about what side effects it has.

i see. if they arent very bioavailable orally, then its useless. i could have easily used the mushroom as powder supplement though. but it seems it looks so generic, it can easily be confused for poisonous one and its just not worth it!

Yea I was hoping to hunt this one this year but it was a very dry season. Barely found any chanterelles which makes me sad.

-GC