• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Knowledge - a priori and a posteriori, Math - not an exact science

The food over here is in generally not that good, in Belgium they have real good food and they actually belong to the top of the world with food, Chocolate and beer, and they have really a restaurant culture and Cook every day very extensively at home, i also believe that bakeries are quite special in belgium And I mean i believe it is very possible belgium is the only country like this OR otherwise maybe a few more to some degree but all tourists find this amazing, but at all bakeries are big shops with the largest variety of bread you can think of and a huge lot of other baked products with pudding OR fruit OR Chocolate in all forms and sizes, really surprisingly for ppl from other countries, but this is very expensive tho...

And they sell other stuff too, drinks, soup, things to put on your bread, candy and more...

Knowledge is the source of our intuitions in my opinion..

You feel things because of knowledge..

But where does the knowledge come from?

An anthropomorphism?

Or the collective unconscious perhaps?

Archetypes like the heroes journey.. the fool and the star..

Tarot is an attempt to work with these archetypes.
Read my first and original post which talks about how there are two types of knowledge and how they are constructed, if this doesn't answer your question where knowledge Comes from then please specify your question as in this case I dont really understand exactly what you are asking...

So a priori can be anything in existence..

Beforehand knowledge? But where does it exist?

A posterior means you have learned AFTER you have done something? Am I right?

How are drugs in the uk?
mostly shit. but i don't really do them any more. i've done the full crack/smack addiction and now i only drink and occasionally take xanax or something similar.

I actually got with moments quite interested in metaphysics and Continental philosophy, i try to Read as much as i can in the original language as i feel lots get lost in translation, actually translations from german can have their own problems, especially with such difficult texts as Continental philosophy, cause germans have the tendency to create highly complex texts and they do some things like for example they postpone the subject of a sentence till the end, which is complex.but works in german, but this.creates difficulties for translators, making german translations more difficult to Read...

But Lets assume An every day object would not interact with electromagnetic waves, what would IT look like without color? I can not Imagine this...

Im surprised that you say you dont think psychedelics say something about the nature of reality, since if i see things in a different way ergo when i exepierence a.different reality and all that's changed is the way i process information while i believe we agree this other perception of reality is equally real, doesn't this say that the nature of reality is not a fixed thing.but variabel to how we process information meaning that reality is not real in An absolute sense and differs as States of mind differ,.wouldnt you agree this means IT sais something about the nature of reality? If you still dont agree and you feel like IT, argue your point of view, maybe im mistaken about this, and if so i want to find out...
i would love to read in the original language, but think i'm past my language learning prime. i can read french but only did german for a year and didn't get on well with it. i think reading german philosophy in german would be infinitely preferable so if you have that ability i am quite jealous!!

i suspect for an object without colour, it would essentially be a hole, but our brains would probably 'fill in the gap' given i don't think they are equipped to cope with objects without colour, as the cells in our eyes only detect different properties of light. so it would look like whatever your brain infers. if the object doesn't interact with light at all, it would be completely transparent as the light would go through it, so we wouldn't know it was there until we interacted with it with another of our senses.

the difference between our views re psychedelics is, i believe, due to a difference in opinion about the extent to which our perceptions or reality are real. it seems that you think they are, whereas i think that so much processing is done between sensory input and our perception of that input that we can't really claim that our perceptions do reflect reality. obviously they reflect it to some degree, because we are able to build models based on them that predict events accurately. though really how will we ever be able to tell, because we only have our perceptions.

i did read your other post re IQ and the piano. losing that must have been awful for you to have worked so hard and done so well and have it ruined for reasons beyond your control. i'm not surprised that caused you to spiral. i'm glad you found a way to make a decent living in the end. regarding IQ tests, i had one when i was a kid. for some reason the child scale only went to 130, and i got 130. too scared to do one now. would probably do really well in bits similar to what i have to do day in day out for my job, and awfully at the rest. it doesn't matter too much now though, i can make a good living and i shouldn't dwell too much on how i've ruined my intellect, it doesn't get me anywhere.

So a priori can be anything in existence..

Beforehand knowledge? But where does it exist?

A posterior means you have learned AFTER you have done something? Am I right?
These things say something about how knowledge Comes to be and is explained tru specific propositions...

A priori knowledge is all knowledge that we have prior to Any sensory input, IT Comes to be by way of analysis, ergo this is analytic a priori knowledge...

An example of a priori analytic knowledge is the proposition this ball is round, since we know by analysing what aspects of a ball are, a ball is round, this simply follows from the fact that IT is a ball, ergo this analytic, and we do not need any sensory input, meaning we dont need to look at the ball to be able to say that IT is round, so we gain this knowledge before looking at the ball and that is a priori...

A priori knowledge can never be anything that exist since many of our knowlede Comes from processing sensory input, meaning after Looking at something ergo this is a posteriori...

I find your question where beforehand knowledge exists a bit confusing, im.not really sure i know what you mean by this... But if im not mistaken the answer should be that knowledge is a matter of the mind, knowledge are things we know, so IT exists only in the brain...

What I mean is that in the mind.. where in the mind frame is this a priori knowledge..?

Clearly the brain plays a role.. but what about the expanses and recesses of the mind..?

mostly shit. but i don't really do them any more. i've done the full crack/smack addiction and now i only drink and occasionally take xanax or something similar.

i would love to read in the original language, but think i'm past my language learning prime. i can read french but only did german for a year and didn't get on well with it. i think reading german philosophy in german would be infinitely preferable so if you have that ability i am quite jealous!!

i suspect for an object without colour, it would essentially be a hole, but our brains would probably 'fill in the gap' given i don't think they are equipped to cope with objects without colour, as the cells in our eyes only detect different properties of light. so it would look like whatever your brain infers. if the object doesn't interact with light at all, it would be completely transparent as the light would go through it, so we wouldn't know it was there until we interacted with it with another of our senses.

the difference between our views re psychedelics is, i believe, due to a difference in opinion about the extent to which our perceptions or reality are real. it seems that you think they are, whereas i think that so much processing is done between sensory input and our perception of that input that we can't really claim that our perceptions do reflect reality. obviously they reflect it to some degree, because we are able to build models based on them that predict events accurately. though really how will we ever be able to tell, because we only have our perceptions.

i did read your other post re IQ and the piano. losing that must have been awful for you to have worked so hard and done so well and have it ruined for reasons beyond your control. i'm not surprised that caused you to spiral. i'm glad you found a way to make a decent living in the end. regarding IQ tests, i had one when i was a kid. for some reason the child scale only went to 130, and i got 130. too scared to do one now. would probably do really well in bits similar to what i have to do day in day out for my job, and awfully at the rest. it doesn't matter too much now though, i can make a good living and i shouldn't dwell too much on how i've ruined my intellect, it doesn't get me anywhere.

Over here the quality of drugs can range from crap to perfect, coke is generally really crap lately but used to be top quality, we have lots of perfect drugs, i refer with this to the many drugs sold here in smartshops and coffeeshops...

Weed is generally accepted to be nowhere else As good as in Holland, i believe our coffeeshops can offer the greatest variety and offer up to the strongest weed that exists, i think in Holland is done the most extensive research and many of the progress and developments being done is done in Holland, even if im wrong in saying this, im sure that our weed would be equally good to what would be the best weed in the world...

And smartshops sell many different drugs and you can be sure that is uncut, top quality, consistent in effects,...

Heroin i know is in general not that good quality tho i never needed big doses of heroin to have serious effect...

For most other drugs you have real crap that is cheaper and only sold by street dealers mostly for homeless ppl and tourists that are not able to find a better source, moving away from the street we have.these most other drugs a bit more expensive and the quality is okay, not really bad, also not especially good, and last you can find these drugs again cheaper for really good quality if you are really someone that has moved about in the drug.scene...

For me its not difficult to understand english, french and german as i originally An from belgium And later on moved to NL, and as you probably know belgium had 3 national languages, french, german and dutch, so we learned these languages from a very Young age on in school for quite some yrs, and english you already know very well as a kid before you go to school from simply watching tv but of course is teached in school too...

I really like the notion that when no light hits An object It would be transparant, however i feel like this notion Could in some ways possibly be problematic, ill maybe come back to this later on...

Interludium: i still didn't sleep, still binging, so i have even less capabilities to think about these things and dat something meaningful about IT, so for now im going to try to not say too much for the time being...

Concerning psychedelics and reality i believe we actually mean the same thing but we Both have a different way of explaining this, i really think our view of reality is quite similar, this is what i meant that reality is variable depending on how the brain processen information means that reality is in a way not actually real, also this is more or less implied by that das ding An sich ist ein unbekantenes ...

I understand you are now afraid to do An IQ test, i dont simply want know how low my IQ is at the moment...

If you really suffer damage that limits your intellect, you cope very well, you seem like An intellectual person to me...

Is the Libra balanced scales the true meaning of logic?

Karms as what is weighed?