• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Knowing what we do currently regarding "the kindling effect" for causing increasingly increased risk to W/D from high frequency use of benzos weekly.

Drag2019

Bluelighter
I'm hoping to hear of anyones anecdotes whether they think it's feasible or not to take a benzo (any benzo) let's say either clonazepam or diazepam once every 7 days at most maximum to keeps thing simple. Or do you feel like eventually sooner or later this will start to cause noticeable rebound effects or other things associated with the kindling effect?

Again I'm just wondering what people have noticed from using benzos more or less frequnetly than this frequency of use? I hope this question makes sense... and I know this is going to vary a lot from person to person hence I want to hear about others unique experience. For me personally I find using clonazepam 1mg every 7 days roughly will give me some annoying rebound effects most notably insomnia.

Probably depends on the dosages tbh. I don't really know. But I'd have thought that at therapeutic doses you'd be ok if you're not combining with other gabaergic drugs.

Probably depends on the dosages tbh. I don't really know. But I'd have thought that at therapeutic doses you'd be ok if you're not combining with other gabaergic drugs.

By therapeutic would you say not more than 2mg at once of a clonzepam pill or equivalent benzo to that like they make counterfeit 3mg clonazepam but not legit prescription.

Taking a Diazepam 10mg once every 7 days probably will not cause dependence or kindling ….which usually happens with sporaric binge use/abuse of recreational (and even moderate therapeutic usage)

Clonazepam (Klonopin) 1mg every week/7days is relatively safe and wouldn’t cause physical dependence….more likely psychological dependence could develop (but very minimal chance at that low dose)

If you’re concerned you can get a script for Clonidine 0.1mg scored tablets which are probably one of the most effective and rapid acting anxiolytic meds. Full onset within 30min, reducing norepinephrine in the CNS, lowering BP & HR and absolutely indistinguishable from a potent benzodiazepine like Valium, Ativan, etc

You could even take half your dose (Clonazepam 0.5mg and half a Clonidine 0.1mg)

What is your opinion on slightly higher doses of say 3mg at once every 7 days is that fine? Is it a problem if I decided to take 1.5mg 2 days in a row every 7 days of zero use to keep things simple? Again I want to emphasize that I know this varies among every individual which is why I want to here opinions on this.

Oh and @Dextro .45 Whenever I've mentioned Clonidine for "off-label" use like that the few Doctors I've spoke to it about get all confused cuz it's a "blood pressure" medication so even when I said how I was prescribed it for sleep at night when I was prescribed Ritalin as a kid to help prevent insomnia that was some I've always sturggled with and the drug was exacerbating it in me.

In the five or so years that I have prescribed access to benzos (Clonazepam) I have taken up to 4mg/day for one or two days and then been able to go down to zero within a week (taking only .5 when I started to feel the need). Can be without any benzo for days, weeks. Then I take them because I need (where just .5 is enough), or because I just want to zone out (where I go up to 3 or 4 mg).
slightly higher doses of say 3mg at once
Never at once. For me it's a gradual thing

For me personally I find using clonazepam 1mg every 7 days roughly will give me some annoying rebound effects most notably insomnia.
Tell me about that. I've suffered from insomnia since the day I was born, but never gave it much thought. Now it's become an issue.

What is your opinion on slightly higher doses of say 3mg at once every 7 days is that fine? Is it a problem if I decided to take 1.5mg 2 days in a row every 7 days of zero use to keep things simple? Again I want to emphasize that I know this varies among every individual which is why I want to here opinions on this.

Oh and @Dextro .45 Whenever I've mentioned Clonidine for "off-label" use like that the few Doctors I've spoke to it about get all confused cuz it's a "blood pressure" medication so even when I said how I was prescribed it for sleep at night when I was prescribed Ritalin as a kid to help prevent insomnia that was some I've always sturggled with and the drug was exacerbating it in me.
Yes, I know. So sad....and troubling these prossional doctors get confused

40-60% will have entirely different treatment options, and have certain meds their familiar with, and only prescribe those.

I too, have had docs tell me, no, not clonidine, I'll give you something else .....wtf? It's prescribed off label as a rapid acting and robust anxiolytic & sedative.

I'd seriously do the pespi challenge with test subjects with moderate to severe anxiety and give then a single Clonidine 0.1mg tablet and tell them it's a Valium. 90%+ will be praising Valium within 30min as they're all calm & relaxed .....btw people, you were all given Clonidine and NOT Valium lol. Amazing anxiolytic medication. I can't praise it enough.....Benzodiazepines, Gabapentinoids, and Clonidine is the 3-shot combo / holy trinity anti-anxiety knock out punch

To answer the OP, occasional use of benzodiazepenes should not cause kindling unless you binge for a couple of weeks straight and cold turkey them... Then repeat it again in a month or so and cold turkey, the WD symptoms will be worse then the last time. I don't really know why benzos have this effect, but from personal experience having my WD symptoms were fine the first time I stopped benzos, after 3 or so cold turkeys they are horrendous and only tolerable when slowly tapering