• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Klonopin vs. Valium...opinions please

guitarded

Bluelighter
Last night was my first time to try a benzo. I scored an assload of 2mg Klonopin (Rivotril)…intended as a day after/hangover helper pill…but I decided that I at least wanted to try it on it's own to get familiar with the effects. I hear a lot of people say that Klonopin sucks, but a 2mg pill kicked my ass rather hard…mainly like being drunk without feeling slow or sludgy…though I'm not sure that I ever felt as contented or relaxed as I expected. I just didn’t give a fuck.
That being said, do any of the more experienced users think that a 10mg Valium would feel any different? Yes…I know that the half-life of each drug is different, as well as the speed of onset…but will a 10mg Valium at its peak actually feel significantly different than a 2mg Klonopin at its peak? If so, how? Thanks for your input.

I liked what you said about not feeling "slow or sludgy" - that's a good description. I took 2mg of Klonopin one night instead of drinking at a party, and it was great! I danced and ran around and even conquered the roof (long story). I wish I had more of that.
Xanax makes me feel weak (i.e. energetic dancing isn't quite possible...) but it doesn't really knock me out. The amnesia on Xanax for me is very pronounced, though. Valium, on the other hand, knocks me out at higher doses. All I want to do is lay down and close my eyes.
Anyone agree with my descriptions? I've done Xanax more than Valium, so I feel like I haven't explored all that Valium has to offer.
-Myco

10mg of valium isn't going to compare to 2mg of klonopin. 20 or 30mg is more comparable. Valium would probably feel closer to klonopin than one of the harder hitting benzos like Xanax or Ativan. I haven't had the chance to try klonopin out however.

Good input so far...thanks. Here's a hypothetical question for you benzo heads. Let's pretend that we can say that "X" amount of Valium is equal to "X" amount of Klonopin is equal to "X" amount of Xanax. Let's also pretend that each one takes the same amount of time to reach peak levels. Under these totally imaginary circumstances, if you did each one separately, how would you say that each one differs in "feel"(i.e. more euphoric, more dopey, etc) regardless of the differences in mg for mg potency and half-life?
[This message has been edited by guitarded (edited 27 March 2001).]

Benzos act differently on each invd person and you really need to test each one out for yourself. Just be carefull, coming off a benzo addiction is not a pleasant experience.

This is based on my experiences with benzos, doesn't apply to everyone.
We'll break it down like this:
10mg valum = .5mg xanax
Therefore 1 xannie bar(2mg) is equivolent to 40mg valum.
20mg valum = 2mg clonopin
1mg xanax = 2mg clonopin
But note these drugs are different and these are only my estimated equivolent dosages.

This is based on my experiences with benzos, doesn't apply to everyone.
We'll break it down like this:
10mg valum = .5mg xanax
Therefore 1 xannie bar(2mg) is equivolent to 40mg valum.
20mg valum = 2mg klonopin
1mg xanax = 2mg klonopin
But note these drugs are different and these are only my estimated equivolent dosages.