• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin to treat marijuana panic attacks

I was diagnosed at the hospital after being shot up with midazolam.

It was classic, the nurse was like: "This may make you sleepy." LOL

I too have anxiety - anxiety as a disorder, with occasional panic attacks as well as anxiety that occurs almost always when I smoke weed. Thus, I too don't really smoke weed at all. When I DO smoke, however, I always take a bit of klonopin. I take it after I smoke, because I want to make sure it's really necessary. Also, sometimes the 'act' alone relieves me a little bit, and if I take it before AND during I may overdo it.

I too, as someone else did, wonder why you care what others think - regarding you being a pot smoker. Who cares ? Seems weird to me. However, if you insist on smoking pot regardless of what it does to you : what else have you tried in terms of benzos (while smoking weed) ? I'd also suggest valium or ativan. Xanax is too sedating (and obviously temazepam).

Klonopin is prescribed for panic attacks and has potent anxiolytic properties. It will help with marijuana induced panic attacks. I know from personal experience.

I can honsetly say, that after smoking certain weeds, I have been less anxious and hypothetically thought it would be nice to have medical MJ in my state.

In that event, you could get prescribed a particular strain which works best for you, and may decrease your anxiety. I think some educated doctors would prefer a person safely smoking some calming bud, than taking benzos. I was able to take less than prescribed yesterday, because the smoke calmed me and I didn't have to take my second dose. But this is outdoor grown bud that looks and is weak.

Not for Californians=D

I think the only answer is that it varies from person to person, and benzos may allow some people to enjoy marijuana once again. I think it may be worth it to try it at a small dose, and if it doesn't work, then don't smoke anymore....

I will continue to smoke. The dose that I am taking is only keeping withdrawals away. I am able to go over 24 hours without dosing, and am able to smoke without taking my small dose... I dont' think that the 2.5mgs of valium that I take in the morning has a significant effect on keeping me calm when I smoke at night. I was on 3mgs of xanax for over 3 years, and am now down to an low dose of valium.

that's one of my favorite pieces of stoner bullshit nonsense: marijuana to treat anxiety. maybe to temporarily relieve stress, but to treat an anxiety disorder? HA.

I believe that my anxiety has subsided. When a doctor kept on cancelling appointments, it made me have to strectch out my monthly prescription. Other than slight w.d symptoms the first week of lowering the dose, I realized that I didn't really have anxiety even when taking such a low dose. So I am hoping that my anxiety may have been caused by my hyperactive thyroid, which has returned to normal after treating it with meds.

I think that I had less anxiety recently while smoking because it makes things more interesting, and funny.... This keeps me from getting bored, and my mind from having racing thoughts leading to anxiety and panic. Also when I am spaced out, waiting in line doesn't cause anxiety.

Smoking marijuana with benzodiazepines actually increases my high. I love the combination

Damn, I wish I could still smoke pot, I used it daily for the better part of 14yrs. but I can't do it anymore I've learned my lesson. I get an anxiety attack almost EVERY single time I smoke now so as a result I haven't even had a hit in at least a year.

It was because of my marijuana induced panic attacks that I had to start taking medication for anxiety which led to a dependency on benzos which continues till this day. When I first quit smoking weed I practically became an alcoholic, I don't drink anymore but I do use benzos (as prescribed) and opiates daily. I often wish that I could have just stuck with the weed because I was completely content with it and once it stopped working for me and giving me panic attacks I started experimenting with other less anxiety provoking drugs.

All in all though I feel better on a day to day basis now that I don't smoke weed anymore, now if I can just get off these damn benzos! (not ready to give up the opiates yet)

Damn, I wish I could still smoke pot, I used it daily for the better part of 14yrs. but I can't do it anymore I've learned my lesson. I get an anxiety attack almost EVERY single time I smoke now so as a result I haven't even had a hit in at least a year.

It was because of my marijuana induced panic attacks that I had to start taking medication for anxiety which led to a dependency on benzos which continues till this day. When I first quit smoking weed I practically became an alcoholic, I don't drink anymore but I do use benzos (as prescribed) and opiates daily. I often wish that I could have just stuck with the weed because I was completely content with it and once it stopped working for me and giving me panic attacks I started experimenting with other less anxiety provoking drugs.

All in all though I feel better on a day to day basis now that I don't smoke weed anymore, now if I can just get off these damn benzos! (not ready to give up the opiates yet)

I don't know, personally, I think it's better to be hooked on (certain) opiates than hooked on MJ and having daily panic attacks. What opiates and ROA are we talking about?

For benzos, I'm sure you know this but just in case you don't, taper slowly. You can't quit benzos cold turkey, doing so can cause seizures.

I used to smoke all the time, gradually i developed a pretty severe panic disorder. first i would panic every time i smoked, so i quit smoking, but the panic attacks never went away. now i was just prescribed .5 klonopins and im starting to wonder if i took one or two of these and smoked again, would that fend off the panic attack? im honestly a little nervous about it just because i want to avoid a panic attack but if it works id be in my glory!

Does anybody have any experience or insight into this? thanks guys.

incase it helps im 150lbs and am currently on 1.5mgs with minor motor skill problems but thats about it. been taking the klonopins less then a week, every other day.

The same thing happened to me when after about 8 years of smoking every day. I thought I was having a heart attack but found out later it was panic. I stopped smoking pot after that and I did start taking xanax (any benzo should help you tho). I took it for about two years, and once I started recognizing the symptoms of the panic, I learned to deal with it and haven't had any panic attacks in about 10 years. I stopped taking the xanax and was alright. I did smoke it one more time about a year after I had initially stopped, and I did panic, but after I popped about 4mg of xanax I was fine in about 20 minutes. The thing is, after that, I knew that (or in my mind I told myself that everytime I smoked pot I would have to go through that, and to me it wasn't worth it. Hope this helps!

The same thing happened to me when after about 8 years of smoking every day. I thought I was having a heart attack but found out later it was panic. I stopped smoking pot after that and I did start taking xanax (any benzo should help you tho). I took it for about two years, and once I started recognizing the symptoms of the panic, I learned to deal with it and haven't had any panic attacks in about 10 years. I stopped taking the xanax and was alright. I did smoke it one more time about a year after I had initially stopped, and I did panic, but after I popped about 4mg of xanax I was fine in about 20 minutes. The thing is, after that, I knew that (or in my mind I told myself that everytime I smoked pot I would have to go through that, and to me it wasn't worth it. Hope this helps!

Exactly, I got tired of trying to rescue myself from marijuana induced attacks.

I would have to be completely smashed on opiates, alcohol, or benzos.
After a while, they did not work for this anymore, and I had to stop before I took irrationally dumb doses of either to stop panicking.

Everytime I smoke I catch a panic attack - I've actually never been able to really enjoy smoking as I've gotten these every time I've tried..

Well, actually - not really. If I'm drunk I don't encounter the panic attacks but other than that.. it sets me off, heh.

I'm kinda the same way, I can't handle weed like I used to be able to.

And I also can't handle stimulants like I used to be able to.

That's why I'm taking Xanax for close to 5 years now.

If I do decide to smoke some weed or do a stimulant, I make sure to take some Xanax beforehand and also have some more with me incase.

Whoever said that your body won't react to weed like it used to is obviously right. Time has changed your brain for good and for bad (and mine too).