• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

klonopin tapering

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
hello,

(couldnt find what i was looking for, but lmk if this is a repeat and i'll delete.)

finally realized that i should probably get off the benzos before they ruin my life any more. i was previously taking up to 12mg a day of klonopin. "quit" for 3 weeks (not completely, was taking maybe 1 or 2mg a week). tolerance did lower a bit but then started up again. tried to stay at low doses but those pesky pesky benzos.

back up to about 9mg a day.

please help me how the fuck do i get off these things? i didn't take any yesterday but was smoking weed constantly throughout the day because i thought i was dying. today i havent taken any yet or smoked but i actually feel like i am going to die. my hands are sweaty and shaking and i've never been so fucking anxious in my entire life.

i really really realllllllyyy want a few right now but i really also want to quit. any tips?

thank you

(also have benzo script for anxiety disorder / also am bipolar and manic rn)

See "Schedule 5" in this page: https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

As you'll notice, it would be ideal to come down from it using diazepam, with a much longer half-life and thus making you "suffer" less during the discontinuation. Also notice that it takes weeks to quit definetely a benzo.

I'm on 6mg/Klonopin, but at this moment I don't feel ready to stop it... Good luck for you!

update: !!! i fully stopped for 6 days!!! i was planning on tapering but i decided to just cut it out cold turkey (which i know ur not supposed to do but i felt like i had to).
my tolerance didn't lower significantly because i know at least in my experience that it takes like 3 weeks for my tolly to lower significantly, but it did lower by maybe .5mg or .75.

the first 3 days were actual actual actual hell like i did not think withdrawal was real at the level i was using or that i was abusing it but those three days proved me wrong. like shaking, puking, so much anxiety, couldn't focus on anything, vaguely suicidal, allllll i wanted was pills. i smoked so so much weed those 3 days, was high the whole time.

but then the next 3 were better. wasn't stoned all day (only at night).

idk why i took it yesterday, i probably could have gone without it. but whateves 6 days is better than no days and now i know i can do that and maybe in the future i'll be able to do 7 or 2 weeks or something.

it's horrible and painful and fuck benzos but it's do-able!!!