• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin Problems

get_lo

Greenlighter
Ok, so I'm new here, so hello everyone!
Long story short, I've been getting prescribed benzos since I was 18, I'm now 29. My meds have been changed up throughout the years...Xanax, klonopin, Valium, Ativan. Anyway, last year I was switched from 6mg of Xanax a day to 20 mg of Valium a day. Which I didn't mind. Valium IMO helped me the most. My dr recently moved, so I went to see a physc. who was a major asshole and said he hasn't prescribed valium or Xanax in 10 years, its awful for you..blah blah blah. Anyway, he gave me 60 1mg Klonopin. I haven't been prescribed klonopin in 5 years. Its def. helping me with my anxiety and PTSD. I let it dissolve under my tounge and take 2-3 a day but it just doesn't work like the valium did. And I've also haven't been able to eat at all and its really starting to worry me and those around me. I don't remember having this problem when it was prescribed once upon a time. I've recently moved out of state last week and am hoping a dr will prescribe me Valium again. Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

I'd say give it a fair chance especially if it helps the anxiety. It takes time for the body to adjust to any new med. in the mean time make every calorie count. Milkshakes and drink supplements (like Boost, Ensure, etc) can set your mind at ease by getting a lot of the nutrients you need.

Yeah, I mean it's helping, just not like the Valium did. If I do eat, it's just usually sweets and caffeine, but I've been drinking a lot of Vitamin water these past few days. I'll def. try the drink supplements and drink more milkshakes. Probably start taking more vitamins too. When I eat "real food", I can only get a few bites in. Thanks for your advice :)

No prob! If you're looking for a good milkshake what I do is take a bottle chocolate high protein Boost, add a cup of milk, a banana, an egg, and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter then blend-lots of protein and vitamins especially calcium and potassium. High in calories for about 20oz worth. Good luck to you!

Ok, so I'm new here, so hello everyone!
Long story short, I've been getting prescribed benzos since I was 18, I'm now 29. My meds have been changed up throughout the years...Xanax, klonopin, Valium, Ativan. Anyway, last year I was switched from 6mg of Xanax a day to 20 mg of Valium a day. Which I didn't mind. Valium IMO helped me the most. My dr recently moved, so I went to see a physc. who was a major asshole and said he hasn't prescribed valium or Xanax in 10 years, its awful for you..blah blah blah. Anyway, he gave me 60 1mg Klonopin. I haven't been prescribed klonopin in 5 years. Its def. helping me with my anxiety and PTSD. I let it dissolve under my tounge and take 2-3 a day but it just doesn't work like the valium did. And I've also haven't been able to eat at all and its really starting to worry me and those around me. I don't remember having this problem when it was prescribed once upon a time. I've recently moved out of state last week and am hoping a dr will prescribe me Valium again. Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Do you plan on being on benzodiazepine therapy indefinitely? Regardless, just tell your Dr. the Diazepam was more effective but find a new DR. Don't be surprised if Valium is hard to get RX'ed again..In the US, it's VERY RARELY prescribed. I can walk into an office for the first time and leave with xanax, kpins, and ADD meds but valium is tough.

Do you plan on being on benzodiazepine therapy indefinitely? Regardless, just tell your Dr. the Diazepam was more effective but find a new DR. Don't be surprised if Valium is hard to get RX'ed again..In the US, it's VERY RARELY prescribed. I can walk into an office for the first time and leave with xanax, kpins, and ADD meds but valium is tough.
I don't get that. I know doctors that refuse to prescribe Xanax (which I get) but why valium? After being prescribed temazepam for a few years I wanted to taper off with diazepam but he wanted me to stick with the tems for some reason. Other than housewives and soccer moms way back in the day I don't hear of many addicts wanting diazepam. :?

Well, yeah I'm getting a new Dr. because I just moved out of state so I kinda have to;) And yeah, I know what you're saying how DR's would much rather prescribe anything BUT Valium, which I don't understand. When I switched from the 6mg of Xanax a day to the 20mg a day of Valium...my DR didn't want to do it at first, when I asked to get switched, you could tell he was pissed, he even threw his pen, but he gave in. But he was prescribing me methadone at that time, not sure if that had something to do with it, this was a year ago. And out of everything, valium really helped me with everything, including muscle spasms (I have scoliosis) so it took the edge of with that.

No prob! If you're looking for a good milkshake what I do is take a bottle chocolate high protein Boost, add a cup of milk, a banana, an egg, and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter then blend-lots of protein and vitamins especially calcium and potassium. High in calories for about 20oz worth. Good luck to you!
For sure going to do this. Thank you! :)

When in rehab, they were going to give me Valium over Zans ( I had always been prescribed zans and never abused them as I am an upper instead of a downer type of person) I never really understood tho. Isnt Valium almost the same thing??

I know for sure they're in the same class. But for me..Xanax made me really bitchy to the point where I just didn't give a fuck and was taking what the bottle said. It became a problem. I guess some Dr's just have different opinions about it?

I don't get that. I know doctors that refuse to prescribe Xanax (which I get) but why valium? After being prescribed temazepam for a few years I wanted to taper off with diazepam but he wanted me to stick with the tems for some reason. Other than housewives and soccer moms way back in the day I don't hear of many addicts wanting diazepam. :?

You actually nailed the coffin bro! I've actually had Dr's tell me they won't give me Diazepam because of housewife stories and the baby boomer generation giving it a bad name....

I personally have NEVER found recreational value in benzos (currently taking 3mg of Clonazepam after tapering from 6mg), but someone gave me a real Valium 10mg pill with the "V" cut into the pill and it definitely produced effects desirable over clonazepam.

I know for sure they're in the same class. But for me..Xanax made me really bitchy to the point where I just didn't give a fuck and was taking what the bottle said. It became a problem. I guess some Dr's just have different opinions about it?

I fucking hate xanax, and so do most Drs. It's so short-acting albeit it has such a strong binding affinity to the Gaba-A receptors. A few months ago I took 8-12mgs a day for a few weeks and they did NOTHING for my anxiety..just amnesia and anger lol.

Well, yeah I'm getting a new Dr. because I just moved out of state so I kinda have to;) And yeah, I know what you're saying how DR's would much rather prescribe anything BUT Valium, which I don't understand. When I switched from the 6mg of Xanax a day to the 20mg a day of Valium...my DR didn't want to do it at first, when I asked to get switched, you could tell he was pissed, he even threw his pen, but he gave in. But he was prescribing me methadone at that time, not sure if that had something to do with it, this was a year ago. And out of everything, valium really helped me with everything, including muscle spasms (I have scoliosis) so it took the edge of with that.

If I had a Dr. throw a pen because of my intelligent requests based off of over a decade of research and experience, I would've filled my meds, drove back, and gave him 5 valium. Then I'd give him a horrific review on YELP

yeah, I do too. I was prescribed Xanax for many years before I switched to valium and I had seizures twice and lots of black outs. if I would of taken 8-12 mg of Xanax, I'd probably would of woke up in jail and not remember how I got there. lol :)

If I had a Dr. throw a pen because of my intelligent requests based off of over a decade of research and experience, I would've filled my meds, drove back, and gave him 5 valium. Then I'd give him a horrific review on YELP
Yeah, he was fucking pissed but he did end up doing it. I don't see what the big deal was. When I came back for my refills, I tried telling him how much better I felt and how they've helped me and it was like he didn't want to hear to it

My I ask which country you guys are mostly in? I'm guessing America (explains the stupidity of the doctors, lol joking <3 )
In Australia it seems from what's been said here that for what ever reason when it comes to benzo prescription /logics they are a bit more switched on. Valium is by far the first and most conman benzo to prescribe for anxiety (most will try and get you to first try other alternatives before benzos its usually one or two try's of different SSRI' but this is just generally speaking, it varies)

I'm currently 4mg clonazepam,15mg diazepam a day.. And when I go to get my scripts ill normally pick one of either temazepam,stillnox(ambian),or nitrazepam to *use as required* for sleeping. That isn't the average standard though, I've had the same gp for 23 years and we are very close/open ect)

However what is normal when it comes to benzos in for any sort of anxiety valium will always be the first. I've doctor shopped over the years and that's been the case every single doctor. I've never once had any first suggest clon,loraz,oxaz, or xanax(hardest to get her).
Feb 1st 2014 was a sad day here. For the first time ever due to Xannax being Extreamly abused/misused they reclassed alprozolam (xanax) from schedule 4 (which is which all other benzodiazepines that are legal here come under) in schedule 8. Schedule 8 is for oxys ect..requiring authority scripting meaning is heavily regulated and doctors much submit forms to the health department with details such as dosage,reasoning,length of time..)

Even when it was schedule 4 xannax was always the hardest to get. Lorazepam or oxazepam would follow after persistent with Valium. Clonazepam is very very rarely scripted for anxiety. Usually for restless leg syndrom/epilepsy. As much as I hate it because I love xannax, this does seem logical from a medical perspective. I know in both Australia and america Xanax is by for the most abused benzodiazepine, as well as addictive (due to its rapid onset time and strength).. Valium is considered much 'safer' to prescribe due to its huge halflife and very slow onset.

That's really interesting to here how easy it is to get xanax and hard for valium. I wish it was that easy here. I would swap valium for xanax scripts anyday!

you guessed correct! From America
&#55357;&#56835; sorry to gatecrash the thread I just saw it in the recent posts down the bottom on the home page. I've only ever lurked in AusDD and aus social.

I'm actually really interested in speaking with others particularly in America as I've got some many questions about the similarities and differences in varies drug related things. Would you guys mind if I occasionally posted in (I'm guessing theres a American DD, cant see from this page but ill check homepage after posting) your side of the globe? I'm more than happy to answers anything that anyone may have in relation to the the scene here (and the shit kicker islands around lol) Thailand,Vietnam,Singapore I'm fairly familiar with.

If you good friends in the states dont mind a kangaroo riding, pet snake loving, crocodile kissing dinger eater posting I would appreciate that! ( just in case- I've never seen a kangaroos, crocodile or dingo in my life..and a snake only once out camping)
Was trying to think of the stereotype perception of us based from various things asked from others lol) I'm in Melbourne, but have a property in Qld on the gold coast which ill spend probably 10% of the year in.
Cheers

A.T

&#55357;&#56835; sorry to gatecrash the thread I just saw it in the recent posts down the bottom on the home page. I've only ever lurked in AusDD and aus social.

I'm actually really interested in speaking with others particularly in America as I've got some many questions about the similarities and differences in varies drug related things. Would you guys mind if I occasionally posted in (I'm guessing theres a American DD, cant see from this page but ill check homepage after posting) your side of the globe? I'm more than happy to answers anything that anyone may have in relation to the the scene here (and the shit kicker islands around lol) Thailand,Vietnam,Singapore I'm fairly familiar with.

If you good friends in the states dont mind a kangaroo riding, pet snake loving, crocodile kissing dinger eater posting I would appreciate that! ( just in case- I've never seen a kangaroos, crocodile or dingo in my life..and a snake only once out camping)
Was trying to think of the stereotype perception of us based from various things asked from others lol) I'm in Melbourne, but have a property in Qld on the gold coast which ill spend probably 10% of the year in.
Cheers

A.T
Feel free to ask anytime :)