• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

klonopin for amphetamine comedown

olab7

Bluelighter
ive read that klonopin can help with amphetamine comedown, but i don't fully understand how. when i comedown from amps i cant sleep, feel pretty unmotivated and a little sick. does it help with things like that? also do you take the klonopin when your coming down or right after you take the amps because ive read both and got confused. thanks

Klonopin has a half life around 8 hours, just an fyi.

I should certainly help you sleep afterward, especially is you've no tolerance to benzos.

Klonopin has many different effects. It acts as an anti-anxiety med (good for stim comedown), a sedative (good for stim comedown), a skeletal muscle relaxant (also good for stim comedown), as well as an amnesiac (no real value here), and an anti-convulsant (not a bad thing)

all in all it should be great for stim come downs but you really don't want to become dependent on it. Using it for stim come downs once and a while seems ok but becoming co-dependent on stims and benzos is not a road you want to go down.

do some searching in the BDD forum, there's plenty of threads about klonopin if you want to learn more, many specifically targeted at klonopin's uses in combination with amps.

If you've no tolerance i'd recommend starting with 0.5mg or 1mg, work up from there if you need more depending on the dosage of amps you're coming off.

cheers.

clonazepam's half life is 18-50 hours, and it works wonders for amphetamine comedowns.

i suggest 1-2mg.

ive read that klonopin can help with amphetamine comedown, but i don't fully understand how. when i comedown from amps i cant sleep, feel pretty unmotivated and a little sick. does it help with things like that?
Yes, it (or any benzodiazepine really) will help alleviate those symptoms and help you get to sleep.
also do you take the klonopin when your coming down or right after you take the amps because ive read both and got confused. thanks
Most typically, you would take it when you begin to come down. Some people take a small dose of benzos when they take their amphetamine to help diminish side effects, but too much will kill the speed buzz. Benzos are the best drugs to help ease the comedown IMO.

Be aware that Klonopin may take a while to kick in. I can't comment on dose as I have never taken it specifically (I have used other benzos to help with stimulant comedowns plenty of times though).

good luck.

You can either take the Klonopin (clonazepam) when you take the amps or when you're starting to come down. It's a matter of personal preference more than anything else. As was already mentioned, it will take a bit of time for the Klonopin to completely kick in so at the latest take it when you start to come down so it will be working fully by the time your amphetamine comedown is in full-swing.

The advantage to using a longer-acting benzo such as Klonopin with amphetamines is the benzo will last longer than the amphetamine, so you could take it when you take your amphetamines or shortly afterwords and it will still help out the comedown because it lasts longer than the amphetamines do.

If you have issues with jitters, anxiety, panic, etc, when you take amphetamines, probably better to take the Klonopin shortly after you take your amphetamine dosage...or just not take amphetamines at all. There are many threads on BL about mixing benzos and amphetamines, and it is a safe combination to do.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions. :)

-NT

thanks everyone =) definetley answered all my questions. i took the amphetamines about 5 hours ago still feeling them a little. I want to go to bed atleast by midnight (which the comedown will probably start to get bad around then) so im probably going to take them at 10 oclock. is that enough time to let them kick in?
Oh also ive got 2 pills 1mg each. should i take both or one?
ha and one more thing i have no benzo tolerance

Last edited:
Take one at 10:00 and you'll be fine. If you don't have a benzo tolerance 1mg should be enough, if you really want to be sure that you'll fall asleep, take 2mg at 10:00.

Not a problem. Two hours is certainly enough time for the clonazepam is kick in and reach its full effects.

personally i find xanax to be the best unspun drug. k-pins kinda fade in, last ahwile, fade out. xans hit fast and hard and for me have always stopped a run. 1 2mg bar should do the trick.

otherwise if all you got is klonnies at least take them sublingually. they're the tastiest benzo :)

the klonopin worked great! only took 1 mg. i actually fell asleep and today i feel normal like i never even took the amps
i have another quick question though. if i were to keep using these kpins or other benzos for my comedowns everytime i take amphetamines, say once a week, would my benzo tolerance still stay low enough to where i can use 1mg everytime or would i have to eventually up it?

the klonopin worked great! only took 1 mg. i actually fell asleep and today i feel normal like i never even took the amps
i have another quick question though. if i were to keep using these kpins or other benzos for my comedowns everytime i take amphetamines, say once a week, would my benzo tolerance still stay low enough to where i can use 1mg everytime or would i have to eventually up it?

If you take benzos once a week for coming down off amphetamines your tolerance will eventually go up and you'll need both more amphetamines and more benzos...

ha darn. so how often can i take a benzo for a comedown to where all i need is 1mg each time? because i take the same amount of amps once a week and it always feels the same so i dont feel the need up those

You can probably do alright with 1mg each time if you don't use bensos other than that day you want to come down from the speed.

If you start to pop bensos on other occasions your tolerance will start to grow.

^Exactly. Probably better to not use amphetamines as often either, the last thing you want is two drug addictions just because you were trying to counteract the negative effects of one drug...

well, if you're like many chronic users, after awhile the amphetamine high gets greatly diminished, to the point of being able to things that otherwise seem impossible while spun: eating solid food, falling asleep, some of the tweaks go away.

i've experienced this myself and have discussed with other long time users. it doesn't appear likely to achieve this sort of zen tweakitude within the first couple years of using.

the kpins or bars will continue to work pretty well for a pretty long time, though. its not like you've got a 5-6 use window of effectiveness. You can use xans for comedowns for months.

just as a side note: I strongly strongly recommend you ever take couple Ambien to try and stop a hard meth run. It is a truly horrifying experience.

^Exactly. Probably better to not use amphetamines as often either, the last thing you want is two drug addictions just because you were trying to counteract the negative effects of one drug...

ah thats very true. id hate to be an amphetamine and benzo addict. ill try cutting down to once every 2 or 3 weeks. thanks for all the help everyone :)

Most benzos will work really well for any stim comedown. The hypnotics are better because they usually have a quicker onset of effects. Triazolam and temazepam are the best benzo hypnotics in the US market. But estazolam is third after triazolam and temazepam and then flurazepam will be able to get the job done aswell.

Outside the hypnotics, I think lorazepam, alprazolam, and diazepam are probably the best.

But clonazepam will get the job done too.

Oxazepam is ok also.

Last edited:
Honesty, never got any feeling from ativan(up to 5mgs). Clon is the best cuz of how anoilixtic and long lasting it is. Same with diazepam10mg. With Xanax, you will be popping every 2 hrs. But to each there own. But xanax gives a he'll of relief for those 2 hrs