• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin Blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChildrenOfTheGrave

Bluelighter
So I really wanted to tell a story, and I guess a few questions added to that story. One day I was having a really shitty day, I found out that the neck pain I've been having the past couple months, is probably genetic. And that it probably can't be fixed, on top of that all the pain medications I've ever had never helped. I also found out that I have swelling in my skull for some reason. On top of all that I am failing my class, which I find ridiculous but the teacher is a b.... So that day I went to the doctor where I found out about my neck. I also discussed with him my anxiety and he prescribed me .5 clonezapam. So in the night to enjoy myself, I decided to take 6 of them. That didn't do anything so I took 4 more, which still did nothing. I then took the rest of the 20 pills, totaling 15mg of the stuff. I decided to forget about the day, I would take 2 shots of vodka. I started to feel it, but it wasn't strong. I wondered what this would feel like on DXM. I was like fuck it, I really don't care what happens to me, so I took 600 mg of dxm. After that I smoked some weed, and at the end of the weed smoking is where things began to get blurry. This happen Tuesday night, well I blacked out and woke up Wednesday morning. I don't remember that day, I just member missing class, and sleeping a lot. I woke up Thursday morning and felt more normal. Now I am just tired as hell, my whole body feels like somebody is pressing it down. So I'm guessing my body is still recovering? I was also wondering if Clonazapam are weaker than Xanax, because I've taken both, and Xanax wiped me out with 5mg. Also today I just feel really depressed, like more than normal depressed where the fact of living is annoying. Is this an effect from the benzos?

Wow. That's what I call abuse. There is no reason anyone should be taking 15mg of klonopin especially if they aren't tolerant... Klonopin is just as strong or stronger then xanax they just function differently... YOU MUST CHILL OUT! You shall feel better too! Stop taking such massive amounts of different drugs! Be careful and be well!

^agree. what if something really bad happend to you for instance rape or robbery? injury or disorderly conduct over stupud shit? please man do not take shit in high doseages and Respect the drug your taking or it will snap u back in reality in a hard way...be safe friend

also becuase your suffering from disoirders like you side from what the doctor said drugs are the best way of dealing with it try talking to somebody you know and trust about all this so you know u aint alone.....

Drugs are NOT the besy of daling with it* correction there

Take NO MORE THEN 3MG First Time Taking 1MG I said I don't feeel shit until i realized when 8 hours passed BY I DID NOT REMEMBER SHIT except i was sitting there thinking and sitting on blue light, was Day After MDMA Use So.

Wow. That's what I call abuse. There is no reason anyone should be taking 15mg of klonopin especially if they aren't tolerant... Klonopin is just as strong or stronger then xanax they just function differently... YOU MUST CHILL OUT! You shall feel better too! Stop taking such massive amounts of different drugs! Be careful and be well!

^agree. what if something really bad happend to you for instance rape or robbery? injury or disorderly conduct over stupud shit? please man do not take shit in high doseages and Respect the drug your taking or it will snap u back in reality in a hard way...be safe friend

Yeah I was kinda on a bender when I did all that shit. I'm still in search for something tonight. Honestly if something happened night I wouldn't have been surprised. There's just days where for some reason, just being here pisses me off.

listen man you gotta be careful . dxm and clams mixed is just asking for trouble. Try for the love of HR scope out bluelight before mixing substances .
I have also had the same experience with clonazepam in the sense where you always wanna redose . then that redose dident make you higher then bam! next day you dont remember shit. My golden rule with clonazepam is find a dose that gets you high (for me its 2.5mgs-3.5mgs) and do not redose no matter what . most of the time i forget i even took them and 3 hours later im like "why cant i talk " and "man that was embarrassing ,i was jusst knuckles deep in that shrimp dip and that was for everybody". also i dont care what any body says but ativan is my personal favorite benzo . i found that the buzz is alot more noticable and Ive notice it kicks in waaaaaaay faster than clonazepam.

Yeah I don't usually do extreme mixes like that. However I am curious how Benzos and Weed would interact with DXM. Klonopin seems to do less to me for some reason. It's weird though, most drugs I don't have a big craving for. Right notw I am craving the shit out of some more Benzos, I am looking all over the place for it.

yeah man weed goes extremly well with dxm imo. ill pop one yet and just be sooooo stoned its unreal . but im telling ya i was the same i said k pins dont do shit for me then i drank on them poped half a script and my friends around me were extremly close to calling an ambulance. just dont mix benzos with dxm bad news my man bad news...
you also may have just found your drug of choice thats why your craving more. Happens to me every time I do opiates.

There is simply no reason to take these obscene amounts of Benzos. You will blackout and probably do some stupid shit, end up in a cell or the ER with heavy consequences.

I blacked out once on Phenazepam back in the days and that was not intentionally. I was very lucky being around caring people who brought me home safe and stayed there overnight.

A low dose of Clonaz+DXM+Weed would be much more recreational since you could enjoy the trip this way :)

Take care dude.

^ Benzos kill any trippy feelings you might get out of weed and or dxm. The dextromethorfan will just work as a potentiator of sedation and possibly make breathing more shallow (dangerous like mixing benzos and alcohol).

It's just pointless really , if you don't like the feeling you get out of weed (usually anxious) patching it with benzos or other drugs (alcohol and or opiates) is usually going to worsen the experience in the long run or get you addicted to multiple drugs instead of one.

When i was 18 I took a monster dose of klonopin (around 100-200 mg) and I blacked out for 14 days , just thank god I ended up in a psych ward , it's a very powerful benzo despite not being classified as a hypnotic.

So please be carefull.

I was prescribed Xanax initially, but the effects don't last all that long. Klonopins, however, last a nice length of time. I take 3 mgs daily & that helps a lot to rid the anxiety. You really went overboard & thank goodness you woke up. Be careful with those, as they can sneak up on you.

Clonazepam is more for anxiety, it has a 48hr half life. Xanax is more to treat panic attacks. Xanax hits you quicker, but will wear off quicker. I'm prescribed 60 2mg xanax a month. They help a ton due to my anxiety which leads to panic attacks quick n the Xanax hits me within 30 minutes I feel it. Clonazepam will help relieve general anxiety better, but not if you have panic attacks. Hope this helps. Also, you had one hell of a cocktail! Be careful mixing benzos with alcohol!

DC

Years back I took 1.5mgs of klonopin and didn't feel anything so I kept popping them until I blacked out, I was in New Jersey at the time. The next thing I remember I woke up in a house I didn't recognize in Connecticut with no one else home. I eventually learned the story of what happened but thank the lord I didn't drive during that incident and wasn't arrested for being a dumb ass. Klonopin is not to be trifled with especially if you aren't tolerant to it.

/\/\/\/\ Yeah, that...Klonnies take longer to hit ya, but last a nice while. Xanax kick-in quickly...will knock you on your ass, but are over with in a matter of hours. I prefer the Clonazapam, as like DubbyCee said, it has a 48 hr 1/2 life & is better for anxiety (which I do have) than Xanax, which are good for Tony Soprano. :D

Just be careful with the booze + Clonazepam or Xanax = Death Of A Salesman!!

Blackouts are to be expected when combing alcohol and benzodiazepines. Xanax (alprazolam) and Klonopin (clonazepam) are technically equipotent, but clonazepam is longer acting and its onset of effect is more delayed. Alprazolam hits fast and ends fast by comparison. This is what leads people to redose like you did. They don't wait long enough for the effects to present themselves and assume they didn't take enough.

Now, the depression you're describing could be a symptom of an alcohol hangover. I don't know what you're tolerance to alcohol is. Some people (my mother, for one) experience hangovers from no more than 3-4 drinks in an evening. Benzodiazepines can make one feel very apathetic and detached. I have experienced these effects and have interpreted them as depression; like no stimulus is reaching you, you're just an emotionless zombie. Of course, you're not feeling negative emotions like anxiety, but in turn, it's harder to experience positive emotions as well. It's a definite numbing effect.

Considering you took a longer acting benzodiazepine and a high dose at that, it's not surprising that you're still feeling the effects.

Clonazepam is more for anxiety, it has a 48hr half life. Xanax is more to treat panic attacks. Xanax hits you quicker, but will wear off quicker. I'm prescribed 60 2mg xanax a month. They help a ton due to my anxiety which leads to panic attacks quick n the Xanax hits me within 30 minutes I feel it. Clonazepam will help relieve general anxiety better, but not if you have panic attacks. Hope this helps. Also, you had one hell of a cocktail! Be careful mixing benzos with alcohol!

DC

Klonopin does NOT have a 48 hour half life it has a 12 hour half life.

I know cause I was on it for 11 years.

It also can help for panic attacks and to prevent them.

Yeah, still prescribed 3 mgs of Klonnies daily. Usually take 2 mgs daily, just so I am coherent through the day. Those clonazepam will grog you out like you just had a lobotomy.
Weed + Klonnies = a great buzz. I can see your dilemma. Been there. Done it.

I think klonnies are the best benzo for anxiety and panic when taken daily. With its long half life and IMO low abuse potential, makes it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.