• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin/benzo noob question

Persian

Greenlighter
I just swallowed a 2 mg Clonazepam about 20 min ago. I took about a pill and a half last night and tbh I'm not 100% sure if I felt it. I think I did but fuck it I don't know lol. I'm going for a recreational experience. What should I be feeling? If I don't feel anything in like another 20 minutes should I swallow a half?

I know there's no universal way how everyone should react, as we all may react differently, just want to see what you guys have to say.
I'm a 5'6" or 5'7" 140 pound male if that makes any sort of difference. And I'm sure I have a low tolerance for Clonazepam because I hardly do it, I don't have a script or anything.

Thanks Bluelight for any replies, much love :)

give it a BIT longer cause 2 mg of klonopin gets me feeling PRETTY good. we are of similar weight and height and tolerance level so yeah wait like another hour and if you don't fee anything take another mg but chew it up first. if that doesn't do that trick I'd recommend trying xanax next time.

Klonopin is a tricky drug. Like a lot of benzos you can be completely wrecked on it but think you are fine. I have had many benzo binges where people tell me I'm slurring my words and acting stupid but felt completely fine. Be careful benzos can get you in a lot of trouble if you keep popping them until you "feel it" for me there is a fine line between feeling it and black out

You should feel less anxiety and more relaxed, that's about all you'll get from benzos.

Abusing them is a bad idea, as they can cause a black out and withdrawal can be hell on earth. Imo they should only be used sporadically if you have a panic attack or something like that.

OD -> BDD

Yeah, I take and have taken klonopin daily, for years.. 3-4mg a day.. and I still love it. I am someone who takes it because they need it, without benzos like klonopin, I am a nervous wreck constantly and extremely shy and quiet, even around people I know.. with them, I can actually live my life without worrying about most things, only the things that should be worried about, and strike up conversations with strangers, whom I have never seen.. I'm a totally different person when I have klonopin and when I don't, and I and others around me, like me better with it! I have accepted I will probably need something like klonopin my entire life, and it doesn't at all bother me, as long as I stay having a prescription for it that is..

Now when I first started taking it, it was a very subtle drug, still is... Its not like Xanax, where you take 1-2mg and you feel it hit you almost immediately after taking it... it can take up to over an hour to feel the effects of klonopin kick in, like really kick in... its kind of weird, then I still, even having a sky high benzo tolerance, always feel it, just hit me outta nowhere! Everyday.. especially the first one I take in the am.. I usually chew mine, because they kick in much faster that way or I parachute them, that works even quicker! And def hits me a lot harder, but still, klonopin is somewhat subtle in its anti anxiety effects, with me, I just feel calm and relaxed, but not "high", and if I do take too many and start to feel that "high" its not the best feeling... its actually kind of annoying.. it makes you almost too sedated feeling, and unable to function properly.. and if your tolerance is low, it has a very similar effect as Xanax does, just lasts wayyy longer.. it will make you black out, at a certain point, and it would probably be best to slowly take the slightest bit more, if you feel absolutely nothing.. but like I said, it will be subtle regardless, even when you do feel it, its not like a kick! it is just a gradual long acting anxiolytic drug, erasing most of , if not all of your anxiety, and at best you will just get rather calm and chilled out, relaxed kind of feeling... at worst, you either wont feel anything, because some people don't really get anything from klonopin, and do from other benzos.. some like me, love it, and its subtle yet relaxing type of feel all day long..

I don't like short acting benzos like Xanax as much, because it makes me way to stupid, and I do things I always regret the next day when I take too much... always does.. It makes me feel almost "invincible" like, nothing can hurt me, and I can do anything I want with no consequences.. klonopin, doesn't do that to me, unless I take over like 10mg or some stupid high dose like that.. if I just take what I am scripted I feel entirely normal(3-4mg a day spread out all day/night).. not high, just normal!

Klonopin is a great drug, and very strong. I'm on 3mg daily and I try not to take more than 1mg at once, and try to do this every other day. I can take 1mg today, and still feel an afterglow the next day as it's half life is long. This Is the exact reason I don't take it daily, i fear, if I take 1mg today, and take another 1mg that day, i feel it only prolonges the effect, and believe it will be less effective the more i take it, or sometimes it .makes me feel manic, excited and can't sleep, thus making it pointless to take for anxiety. If I took even 1mg daily, tolerance will build so fucking fast, that it will.become useless and a waste, even after 3 consecutive days of taking it. I try to take 1mg a day, and try to skip a day after so I get the full benefits and effect of it.