• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Klonopin and Cannabis interaction?

appreciate the reply mycophile.

I believe you mentioned drinking a fair amount of coffee daily. Does the caffeine ever diminish the effect of the klonopin?
I ask because this seems to happen.

thanks again

Yes very much.

Too much coffee makes me need more Klonopin and then I get tired from the Klonopin and too much Klonopin makes me want more coffee so it's a very difficult balance for someone who needs Klonopin like me but also tends to seriously overdo coffee.

But during the 9 months off Klonopin even though i didn't have serious WD I did have more anxiety, hence my wanting access again.

I have the same issue but would prefer to not give up coffee. Also do not enjoy decaf coffee but might switch to decaf tea with lemon or honey.

thanks for reply

I wouldn’t say that there is an interaction… Not a bad one anyways that some combinations of medications can pose (e.g - Mixing too many drugs that work on serotonin can increase your risk of serotonin syndrome) but it’s definitely good that you asked.

If you have no tolerance to either of the two substances then I guess be careful of too much sedation and possibly some drowsiness too.

Benzodiazepines effect on the memory is also literally awful by themselves too…
So watch out for that one especially if you are combining with marijuana and you are one of those people who find that marijuana has a negative impact on their memory.

It’s one of the main reasons I have a prescription of Klonopin just like you which i however, barley take unless really needed.
The side effect of benzodiazipines on mine and many people’s memory is not like how some people find weed to effect memory (I personally don’t find marijuana to effect my memory that much at all to be honest with day to day things - Maybe with lectures in college or more complex things to remember. However, some people do.).
I’d say if you get memory problems with weed then it's like weed x10 (or more for me tbh) if you are taking them at higher doses or even medical doses. More so the higher the dose.
Heres an example lol on the whole benzos and impact on your memory thing…

With weed your memory is maybe impaired so that you can’t really remember what you learnt in a calculus or human anatomy class or another type of challenging class at college you went to while high or a challenging task. However, basic things we take for granted remembering such as what you did in the past week to months, what you have said to people, things you had to do, remembering things when in conversation and other basic things like that you can remember pretty easy on weed I find.

Benzos for me on the other hand impair my memory to the point where recalling challenging things like that ^ AS WELL AS with the basic things^ i mentioned above as well is a huge challenge to sometimes impossible. Its kind of scary how much they impair my memory so watch out. (Not just mine. Nothing new. Benzos have been known to do this through research, studies etc.)
I find taking a lower dose kind of helps this but tbh even a lower dose like 0.25mg/half a 0.5 will still ruin my memory and I won’t take it if I have something that requires some sort of intellect to be present.
Benzos also have been known to induce retrograde amnesia too if taken enough of aka not good.

I REAAAALY wish all these side effects on memory weren’t the case however because benzos are one of a kind and are really helpful at taking ones anxiety away.

I can do without them however so I do I guess - But mainly do without them primarily because of the bad side effects i get from them in terms of cognitive impairment.

Right now I take them maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks then things are really bad. Such as if i feel like I’m going to/or am having have a derealization moment, panic attack, have hotncold sweats from stress or anxiety, am too stoned (yep I’m unfortunately one of those people who can get really anxious and trip out in a bad way when stoned in a public place to the point where i get a panic attack stoned and feel like I may pass out.), etc and other anxiety related events in my life. I guess everyones is unique though. Some people use it for social reasons, stress, etc, etc. But yep hate them pesky side effects on my cognitive functions especially memory...

I can’t deal with that while being in college/trying to get good grades, maintaining a job, maintaining relationships with friends, family etc (i.e - One needs to remember things to even have a genuine, flowing conversation let alone a proper genuine relationship lol - So I find anyways. Also need to remember what you have done with these people over the years which makes up what they mean to you and how you should or should you even appreciate them and the times. That and more of course) - With benzos I don’t remember such things which i hate and can’t take.
I once knew a person who did a lot of benzos and they didn’t even remember that we did, said whatever certain things a few weeks, months to a year back together. At first I was like ah cool no problem - It happens to everyone. Then it slowly but eventually became an almost regular thing which kind of hurt me inside and made me wonder why I’m even bothering having a relationship with this person if they aren’t going to remember the good, bad, whatever times and/or my efforts for them, etc… Or what is even the point in me making an effort, wasting my time with this person and trying to maintain a relationship with them? There isn’t. Anyways I’ve dealt with that problem now back to helping you with yours...

If it wasn’t for these side effects (which i personally classify as an interaction even though its not technically one or listed as one) you’d probably find me taking benzodiazepines a lot more often. Especially with weed. For my anxiety or even just as a recreational combo benzos and weed is a great (in terms of how it makes me feel - Not how good it is for you because it’s not lol).
It is a nice mellow stone with none or very little anxiety. Like how i used to feel when getting stoned when younger -_- aka how getting stoned felt like before all the fucked up shit happened in my life that i guess causes a lot of my anxiety, paranoia, trust issues, downward spiral negative thinking patterns, etc.

Anyways, definitely give the combo a whirl though as you will most likely be safe.

Just make sure not to make it a habit as benzos are addictive - not weed addictive - actually addictive aka physically and mentally. I hear but haven't confirmed that the withdrawal is supposedly worse than opiate withdrawal and that is some horrible shit - Ain't nobody got time for that! Also, supposedly you can actually die directly from benzo w.d apparently such as through a seizure which is not something that is common or a direct result with opiate withdrawal. And if you have a decent opiate habit, withdraw is a horrible feeling and I can't imagine too much worse and I would not want me or you or anyone - Even someone I hate to go though that if they can avoid it.
Not to mention even if the withdrawal is or isn't as bad as opiates - Benzodiazepines aren’t the greatest thing for your body...
Some have been shown to have carcinogenic properties, they can reduce muscle tone, promote lethargy and unhealthy lifestyles. They certainly aren’t the greatest for your heart and circulatory system as they are a CNS depressant. They can also reduce inhibitions which can make one (especially at a higher doses) make impulsive decisions that don’t necessarily benefit the user or decisions they may regret later on. They can also reduce/impair cognitive functions significantly short term and promote cognitive decline in the long run - In ways such as memory recall and much more (Please do your research on the long term use side effects before getting into them as there are more side effects from long term use than just the few i’ve mentioned in this post. Good sources for research include articles on benzodiazepines, published studies focused on benzodiazepines, etc. I also didn't wan’t to list all of them as that is going off topic and moreso it would take too long and I have already spent more time writing this post than planned so I honestly can’t be bothered to write every single side effect or whatever so utfse or something lol.)

... ^These are all “cans” - You can also use benzodiazepines responsibly and reduce but not fully cancel out the negative effects and/or damage done to your body from them (such as the ones mentioned above).
Examples on how to use them responsibly include using them as a medicine for your anxiety and not recreation. Use the minimal dose you feel necessary only when you feel it’s necessary to use it. Try and keep your tolerance low and don’t take more than you need - It is very hard and a long process of abstinence to lower your tolerance. Not to mention, the lower you keep your doses, the less likely the side effects will be as severe when compared to if you were to take a high and higher doses with a growing tolerance…Lastly, use alternatives when possible - Such as for sleep - Instead of using a benzo like many do, why not use a non-habit forming yet effective sleep aid such as mirtazapine which for me works really well for getting and keeping me asleep. It’s side effect profile is much less than benzodiazepines too.
Anyways i’m done, over and out. Hope this kind of helped you learn a bit more about benzodiazapines, using them responsibly, the drawbacks of them and mixing them with marijuana.

A while ago I took 6mg of Klonopin and a gram of weed and had one of the best times of my life, doing really crazy hoodrat shit. Even though i couldn't remember most of it, I remembered enough to know I had a good ass time!

The best combo I ever tried, hands down! IMO it feels better than the opiates I tried.

Usually I take the Klonopins 1 and a half hour before I toke up, it really takes away the edge of sativa-potent strains, and leaves you nothing but a comfortable, mellow high. So it's definately not messes the high, it enchances the experience. (Unlike Xanax, it can kill my buzz in a minute).

Some say temazepam is the perfect benzo to combine with weed, I had no experience with it, sadly.