• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin and Alcohol Questions?

Justin1020304

Bluelighter
So I have 3 (.5 mg) Klonopins and was planning on Taking them tonight with about 2 shots of alcohol , I heard that benzos increase effects of alcohol? Any truth to this..? I have no tolerance to either drugs.

They are both GABAergics and therefore there is a way of potentiation of both drugs.

Can you control your alcohol usage normally? If not then it isn't good idea. It isn't bright idea in either case because it may cause respiratory depression and death. Or just blacking out and waking in the cell.

Yeah I'm very good at controlling my alcohol consumption , even with just 2 shots of 35 % could cause that ?

No, that's not likely with that amount of clonazepam. Stay safe and don't go out, since you don't have a tolerance. A lot of people do dumb stuff with alcohol and benzos or even just one sans the other and even end up in jail because of it.

the combination can also cause amnesia, and is ESPECIALLY notorious for it, which can lead to redosing. So it might be wise to hide the alcohol because you might end up drinking more without knowing about it. It's been known to happen. Hopefully someone will chime in with some experience and will tell you one of their stories.

I've gotten amnesia from diphenhydramine and redosed and ended up with seizures and landed in two different hospitals because of it. It's unintentional but it happens.

Idk what happens when I get a bottle of clonazepam because I woke up suddenly from somewhere and find out that someone has stolen the bottle and I have no recollection what that guy who stole the bottle did to me to pass out for days.

Don't combine the benzos and alcohol. Yes it's a small amount of alcohol but people have blacked out from combining benzos and alcohol even at low doses of both.