• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Klonipin ?

Pinprick

Bluelighter
I’m taking a long plane flight and asked my physch how for some Valium and she said she don’t prescribe Valium but she will give me a script for .5 mg klonipins, I never tried them I’ve only ever taking Xanax and Valium, currently I need .5 mg in the morning and half a .5 at night , how are the klonipins compared to that ?
I get my Xanax and Valium from a different source, my physch don’t know about them

Last edited:
Xanax and Klonopin are supposed to be equipotent (0.5 mg Xanax = 0.5 mg Klonopin). Yet, I'd say Xanax is way more sedating than Klonopin.. At least it was when I had no/lower tolerance.. Depending on how long your flight is? If my flight was short (4 hours or less) I'd dose with Xanax. If my flight was long (8-12 hours) I'd dose with Valium. 10 mg Valium is supposed to be equally as potent as 0.5 - 1 mg Xanax.. There is a coloured Benzo chart/graph somewhere that was originally written in German which shows the comparisons when it comes to anxyolytic/anticonvulsant/sedative/muscle relaxant effects (I'm not talking about the standard 'Ashton style equivalency tables)

Hope this helps.. ;)

Xanax and Klonopin are supposed to be equipotent (0.5 mg Xanax = 0.5 mg Klonopin). Yet, I'd say Xanax is way more sedating than Klonopin.. At least it was when I had no/lower tolerance.. Depending on how long your flight is? If my flight was short (4 hours or less) I'd dose with Xanax. If my flight was long (8-12 hours) I'd dose with Valium. 10 mg Valium is supposed to be equally as potent as 0.5 - 1 mg Xanax.. There is a coloured Benzo chart/graph somewhere that was originally written in German which shows the comparisons when it comes to anxyolytic/anticonvulsant/sedative/muscle relaxant effects (I'm not talking about the standard 'Ashton style equivalency tables)

Hope this helps.. ;)
20 hr flight which is brutal for someone hyper like myself, I was givin Xanax last time and I slept most of the flight which I’m not really looking to do I just wanna relax and be able to feel comfortable in y seat and not hyper

20 hr flight which is brutal for someone hyper like myself, I was givin Xanax last time and I slept most of the flight which I’m not really looking to do I just wanna relax and be able to feel comfortable in y seat and not hyper
I feel your pain. I take regular 12 hour flights which are a killer! Unfortunately, due to tolerance, Benzos have little sedative effect on me nowadays.. I remember back to when 40 mg Valium would knock me out cold for 12 hours :)

I'd say go with low dose Klonopin (depending on your current tolerance..) if you just want to feel relaxed and not sparko ;)