• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonapin Did I take to much today?

Shakled55

Greenlighter
I have severe anxiety and a family member gave me some 1mg Klonapin. Over the course of about 10 hours I’ve taken 8mg. I don’t feel sleepy or dizzy. In fact I don’t really feel the effect of the drug at all. My question is, will I be okay? Should I be worried? Like I said, I didn’t take them all at once. Just over the course of the day 2mg at a time.

Thanks

Do you have a tolerance to benzos? If not and even if so that is a huge amount to take in one day. Also benzos are notorious for causing one to believe that they are less intoxicated than they are. If you have never taken klonopin before than I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that you didn't even remember posting this tomorrow. YES.... 8mg huge amount.

Yea I’ve been taking Xanax for a month. And the Effect of the drug has gotten weaker and weaker. And know man I don’t feel anything like I’m fucked. Like I know I’ll remember this. I’m not swaying or nodding off. I just feel normal. But now I’m panicking because I know I took to much.

An
Do you have a tolerance to benzos? If not and even if so that is a huge amount to take in one day. Also benzos are notorious for causing one to believe that they are less intoxicated than they are. If you have never taken klonopin before than I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that you didn't even remember posting this tomorrow. YES.... 8mg huge amount.
and yea, I’ve taken clons on and off for years. Just never 8mg in One day cause usually I feel it.

You're Okay. Xanax is a short acting benzo so it will pack more of a punch. Most people, who are tolerant to Xanax won't enjoy klonopin as much. Klonopin has a slower come up to peak plasma blood levels so it won't hit as hard. The fact that your tolerance is growing quickly is concerning. With anxiety and benzos more often than not the end game isn't good. I was on them for 10yrs and the withdrawal was horrendous. It took me over a year to recover.

I've taken 4mg at once nothing.. Diazepam is far superior but I have a high tolerance after taking nearly every benzodiazepine. Etizolam was my favourite. And you don't want to have a benzodiazepine addiction it's a living hell

Benzos are actually quite safe in OD situations just as long as ur not taking any other CNS depressants and ur with someone. The worst that will happen is ull black out, just make sure ur sitting down if u think uve taken too much.

Thanks man. That’s what I thought I think a fatal dose is like 20 mg so I think I was safe only take an eight

Not enough to go online and make a drama out of it mate. Hope the attention you craved fulfilled you.