• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Killer Bud w/ no discernible flavor

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
I'm in a medical/recreational state and frequently search around dispensaries trying to find something that matches my taste buds. I come across bud all the time that looks insane in regards to that "frosted" appearance, color and smell. I get home and finally break it up and smoke it only to find it has almost no flavor. This happens frequently and I'm genuinely curious as to what they are doing wrong as to avoid it when I try to grow in the future.

Actual high itself is for the most time still on point. It'll just be the most generic flavor. Not even the flavor of some shitty mids, but like I'm smoking dense air.

I'm usually hunting down specific terp profiles that give the flavors of earth, ammonia, chemicals, pine and nuts. For some reason on the East Coast of the US where I'm at, everyone is really into the fruity and tangy/citrus strains.

Last edited:
Nobody does the art of the cure anymore. I dont consider myself a smoking flavor aficionado, I mostly care about what it does to me, but it's the new trend.

I get the other end of the spectrum. Clearly unflushed and tastes ashy/bitter or something. High quality but clearly mass produced without love. Probably dried quickly with boba packs or something, with nitrogen left in through flower.

deep flavour mostly comes from terpenes. usually the citrus flavour comes from terpenes high in linalool.

it's been a while but IIRC, strains like jack herer and other haze varieties are close to a pine scent.

hashplant and strains derived from afghani genetics is unforgettably flavourful IME, heavy earthy spicy bite, extremely resinous strains.

Salutations GrymReefer,

I'm in a medical/recreational state... ... ...genuinely curious as to what they are doing wrong as to avoid it when I try to grow in the future.

The single word "vilification" says it all to me, other people might call it cheating, etc.

...like I'm smoking dense air.

Ever heard of international, bigot, non-elected (...), anti-cannabic prohibitionist activists?? It turns out i reside in a "legal" environment too and yet i also keep observing some prospect that sounds familiar after reading your description. It feels accurate enough to comment that Québec's present government looks satisfied to have imposed a mediatic environment reminescent of France's art. L3421-4 (from the Public Health code), actually suspecting the previous PLC mandate would have proven much the same as it was most probably their legacy after seeking "expertise" as from a "science" event organized at hotel Marriott in Montréal by "ADDICTION" doctors (who invited Kevin Sabet on top of Nora Volkow) although based in Calgary/Alberta... Anyway Google Translate reads "provocation à l'usage ou au trafic" and "présentation sous un jour favorable" as "provocation to use or trafficking" + "presentation in a favorable light", which sounds like déjà vu while in fact that's an import i think - not having even the legal right to display the cannabis leaf in public, for example!

Now remember the Colorado imports occured after the "i502" pesticides list and it came with 200 items... The trick here is that one needs a multi-million dollars laboratory to scan for this many compounds while offering such service at a reasonable cost, like 29.95 $ plus tax but it's still not happening years later. Instead we should keep in mind our "LPs" (manufacturers with a legal permit) worked hard to publish the non-detection level of myclobutanil, a direct reference to the level-3 item of the Chemical Weapons Convention also known as HCN or just "Zyklon"... In other words the game for us is to prove its presence in "trace" amounts and there's more: with a hundred other Pest Control Products on the list there's room for multiple savvy designer synergies where the toxic effects don't just add up: they actually multiply. This means a lot more "seasoning" can be used during the next few decades and yet never get detected before it's too late to ask for long-term studies presently missing, etc... Because 0 + 0 + ... + 0 conveniently equals ZERO, while in fact it's obviously detected by bugs or industrials wouldn't ever have seen any incentives to explore this in the 1st place.

🧐

In Harper days we heard about sterilization by ionizing rays from cobalt-60 and whatnot, today they've added more vilification layers through mis-guided 3rd-party intermediaries allowed to steal part of the frosty trichome glands through a mechanized process producing "tumble weed", while equally removing practically all seeds as a bonus. So, after being asked to show our ID cards simply to pass the door (i know a guy who's very pleased with this just because he's visibly way past 80), euh... M'well, 1st of all newbies discover all bottles and bags are sealed tight anyway: you buy and decide to handle returns later after the payment has been made. When not satisfied customers can effectively attempt a return but Québekers are all forced by law to go back to those same predatory monopoly of crooks... Moreover, as if that weren't sufficiently socio-toxic as it is, we're being offered only SMOKER options besides sprays for inhalation, as rolling-paper and pre-rolled "joints" exactly. Go figure. Then of course the traditional man-made (extreme) genetic selection gets perpetuated, now with Full-CBD and so-called "balanced" High-CBD alternatives while in fact 1:1 is an extreme boundary itself, leaving deep voids around the relatively boycotted 2:1 THC:CBD zone: so, back in the good old days THC-centric selection helped to "fidelize" consumers via a steep tolerance build-up potentially leading to consumption profile disorders and today the trend remains unchanged except now we get more TV-shaming broadcasted on public funds between 2 alcohol ads.

None of such designer-vilification can be addressed nor eventually corrected under the current reform IMO. YMMV.

Lucky us, there was a political promise in 2015 to revise the new reform after 5 years. When in fact cannabis just needs to be removed from all "schedules"...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited: