• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

KIDNEY DAMAGE from AB APINACA

swimmingencouraged

Bluelighter
Hello, would like to start by saying I lurk here a lot but this is my first actual post. Anywho I have recently been vaporizing AB APINACA suspended in e cig juice. After three doses all under 1mg over the course of 6 hours I went to bed. I was rudely awoken by my own projectile vomiting and diarrhea. Stayed up all night dealing with this and managed to get an hour or so of sleep, which when I awoke from I immediately knew I was pretty screwed. I had excruciating flank pain on both sides as well as swollen legs, inability to fully urinate, extremely dark urine, and and a slew of other kidney related symptoms. Ended up going to the E.R. and getting a CT revealing both my kidneys filled with fluid and no stones. White blood cell count was well over 25k and urine contained blood and a really low creatine level. Doctor diagnosed me with acute kidney injury gave me zofran and something that helped me tinkle. A good friend of mine smokes this particular noid constantly and has no seemingly ill side effects, why? What would cause someone to react like I did? I had a pretty high dose of promethazine codeine 2 day's before I took the noids but nothing extreme. I rarely take NSAIDs and have pretty healthy eating habits and stay well hydrated. I also smoke real cannabis daily (HUGE tolerance) and don't take any prescription drugs with frequency. Be careful guys, think I'm finally done ***king with RCs for good.

it's not fully understood yet why syntheticnoids cause acute kidney damage although it has been reported in multiple case studies.

homeless -> cannabis discussion

very scary! Why not just stick to smoking/vaporising actual cannabis instead? Thanks for the warning.

Man that is terrible, I am sorry that you had to experience that. No one is going to be able to explain why something like this happens to one and not another, that is just how life works (guess some call it luck). With all of these new RCs coming out with machine gun style quickness it is impossible to know which will cause these issues especially in a time frame that will help people. The thing that people must realize is that even if we *think* they have a decent safety profile anyone who uses an RC is essentially the human test subject, and the longer they use them the more likely they are to go into completely uncharted territory. I dont know about anyone else but I definitely do not want to be the "person who consumed RC cannabiniods the longest" because somewhere s/he does exist and who knows what that might mean 20 years down the road.

Again I am so sorry you went through that but this should be a story that shows the value in seeking medical attention. You did take it into your own hands and went to the ER rather then posting here and asking what to do. Who knows what would have happened if you didnt go. Good luck with your new lease on life!

Thanks for the welcoming replies. As to why I don't just smoke cannabis I have a massive tolerance as stated so I was looking for a good substitute to boost my high while at work where I can't smoke traditionally (e cig is allowed though). But I was aware that kidney damage is more common with the JWH and AMxxx compounds. Basically be careful I have a high tolerance and was well within the safe dose for someone my weight. Scary stuff.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Sucks you went through it, though, OP. Oh well... live and learn, right?

Are any of the synthetic cannabinoids considered safe? I'm not comfortable with any of them.

Are any of the synthetic cannabinoids considered safe? I'm not comfortable with any of them.

I would wager there hasnt been enough research into it. We can speculate on the safety profile based on an understanding of metabolism and chemical structure but anything anyone tells you is just a guess. I think JWH-018 may have been the safest because it wasnt as crazy as the new ones (having flourine and what have you) but I dont know it did have the stuff in moth balls as a possible metabolite, I cant remember the name always jokingly said we would get "moth ball syndrome". I honestly would stay away from them like I said in a previous post, when you do these RCs you are basically the latest research in how they effect the body. Somewhere someone is the person who has consumed the most RC Cannabiniods and that person will show us how they effect the body if they go to the hospital and share that information and it is documented.

Are you posting this from hospital? Did you spend the night there? You say you were given a CT scan but not an MRI scan?

I hope you don't mind me asking but why were you given Zofran? Forgive me if I'm mistaken but that's actually unusual for them to give it in that situation unless there was some specific reason to do so. Was there some specific reason why he gave it to you as opposed to some other anti-emetic?

If you say you were given something to help you urinate I take it you weren't catheterised. That is very unusual, if you have kidney damage they usually catheterise you and measure your fluid intake and urine output over time. But did that not happen in your case?

You say your blood creatinine level was very low, but in acute kidney injury it is diagnosed by HIGH blood creatinine levels. Was that a typo?

The doctor gave you a drug to help you urinate? Was there a problem with your bladder then? What was the drug?

Last edited:
I was given zofran for the fever and nausea caused by whatever was happening to my kidneys. They thought I might have had kidney stones so I got a CT scan. MRI scans require dyes which to my knowledge are hard on your kidneys so that. I posted what I was told by my doc. All he said was literally, "were gonna give you something just to help you tinkle ok?". Also probably doesn't help this is an E.R. in the straight fucking ghetto.

I might be wrong but it's unlikely the hospital would give you a contrasting agent in your case for an MRI scan straight away and an MRI scan is not hard on your kidneys (in fact they don't use ionizing radiation at all so they're very safe). While they do use CTs for kidney stones I'm really surprised they didn't use other imaging techniques. Zofran isn't used to treat high fever and like I said, it's an odd choice of drug because a) it's main indication is for severe nausea and vomiting associated with radiation treatments or chemotherapy and b) it's much more expensive the last time I checked unless it's lowered in price. For fever they'd be much more likely to give you one or two acetominophen which is much cheaper.

You didn't answer my first question about how long you were in hospital. How long did you spend there?

I am not saying you're lying but I have been in hospital for drug induced kidney disease so I have some experience of what treatments you might receive and the way some of the things you're saying were done when you were in hospital is odd. I hope you forgive my suspiciousness but we had a poster on here with a low post count that made up some elaborate story about how he became permanently damaged by some RC. Of course it turned out he was lying as he was probably some competitor wanting to damage sales of a rival's product and when someone comes on here with a story about how they got ill from taking an RC I naturally want to ask questions if their story doesn't add up.

Last edited:
You didn't answer my first question about how long you were in hospital. How long did you spend there?

I am not saying you're lying but I have been in hospital for drug induced kidney disease so I have some experience of what treatments you might receive and the way some of the things you're saying were done when you were in hospital is odd. I hope you forgive my suspiciousness but we had a poster on here with a low post count that made up some elaborate story about how he became permanently damaged by some RC. Of course it turned out he was lying as he was probably some competitor wanting to damage sales of a rival's product and when someone comes on here with a story about how they got ill from taking an RC I naturally want to ask questions if their story doesn't add up.

I've been living with kidney failure (25-35%) for 13 years. When it was first diagnosed, I was hospitalized for 14 days. MRI, catscan, ultrasound, blood gas analysis, hormone level evaluation, etc. And constant blood pressure, creatinine levels (urine and plasma), liquid intake/outake monitoring. That OP did not necessarily have any/all of this done is more likely a reflection of the individual hospital than anything else.

If OP has a primary health care provider then I could see long term care being more 'vigorous'.

I am very careful with what drugs I use since I want to avoid dialysis and a transplant as long as possible.

Tom

I was in the hospital for just under 24 hours. I'm glad we have urologist on staff here in CD ;-). English is not my first language and I'm not sure how to ellaborate further. Also vendor discussion isn't allowed so I find it highly unrealistic for anyone to be targeted like that here. That's like melting snow with hairdryer in Alaska. Every one knows that's what reddit is for.

^ it's happened before in the dark side forum. When I confronted the poster he flat out admitted to lying. So it obviously does happen. What the motivations are are not for me to say but the most obvious is vendors wanting to kill of a competitors main sales but of course that is just speculation. I'm not saying that's what you are doing so apologies if that's the impression you get but after seeing that thread it makes me skeptical whenever I see a similar story about a synth cannabinoid that doesn't add up.

If the explanation is that the hospital is sketchy then damn, they are doing a bad job. You were in the hospital for just 24 hours? That seems oddly short.

Thomas your experience sounds about right. Mine wasn't that different. Something is off here. Maybe if the hospital really is that bad the OP should complain. Maybe I'm being an asshole but you can't really blame me for being skeptical though, there are so many things about his treatment that don't make sense.

That's very scary but you survived. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas and have a happy new year.

You should get checked out even more by other doctors since you had an overdose, and issues with your kidneys.

The hospital was really exceptionally poor. The nurse tried to take my blood pressure off the same arm as my IV. I can't really afford to go to the doctor right now unfortunately so I'm afraid it's gonna remain a mystery for now. A late merry christmas too all and I thank you guys for the continual support and replies. Stay safe everyone.

OP off topic but just curious, what is your first language and where are you from?

very scary! Why not just stick to smoking/vaporising actual cannabis instead? Thanks for the warning.

unfortunately due to federal law even though a lot of us can smoke weed legally in our states our employers can still fire us for weed.