• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kicking pwd from fentanyl

veiover

Greenlighter
just so people get to know incase they ever think of going through the same thing.

i've kicked heroin cold turkey multiple times, ive kicked it in jail and at home, and this is my first time kicking fent. sunday at 3 am i took my last shot of fenanyl realizing my dope dealer hasnt been selling me dope at all. i suspect about 200-300mcg per gram bag and i was doing about 1-2 grams a day. being extremely disappointed and still sick, and not thinking, i cooked up 6mg of subutex, pulled it up and the second i undid the tourniquette i ran to the bathroom feeling as tho my brain was being punched over and over, while my body went into the aches, sweats and i was shitting and pissing and hold back puke. i've real pwd only lasts a few hrs and as i was scared to take more subutex to help, i just waited.

shit that sucked, it's thursday, i havent slept in all these days and i starting to worry that the real wd is about to JUST start because the subutex is just about to wear out and the real sickness is about to start. i begged my dealer never to serve me again and im working the nerve to cut ties with everyone else affiliated in my life with heroin.

i do have to say i feel like real heroin wd was slightly longer, lasting a good 6 days, with worse leg cramping, and then leaving me extremely anxious while this has been extreme sweats and hot/cold flashes. ketamine, gabapentin and slight meth near the thursday morning to help bring back some dopamine. i wasnt gonna sleep anyway and it helped me not care so much about the sweats.

this was horrible. for the sake of humanity, dont do what i did. i think this is the round that makes me really stop using. i always forget how bad wd is but not this time. im still worried that the pwd JUST ended and the real withdrawals are just starting. if they are, i cant hold on anymore and im getting a bag.

i hope all who fuck with fent realize how much of a beast it is and how BADLY your tolerance will get fucked up

Yep this is typical pwd. I would continue doing the H, and cut the fent out of your routine, after that you can decide whether or not you want to quit the dope. Also, if you cut the fent out, it will be easier to induct sub.

- Hopeless

you think im about to start getting wicked sick again? i used subutex sunday morning very very early, just as the sun started coming up. it's thursday evening and things are starting to get a bit better. could i be kicking everything rather than just going from pwd to wd?

I don't fully understand your question, but yes, if don't use an opiate, you'll be kicking everything and will endure wd's.

- Hopeless

I get what you meant, you're asking if you can expect more withdrawal symptoms or if your withdrawal is nearly over, correct? If you have gone this long and are starting to feel BETTER then why not wait and see if your withdrawal symptoms continue to improve? What's the worst that can happen, you start feeling substantially worse and then you decide to score some heroin/fentanyl? (If you do that please do a test dose first, you don't need to risk overdose!) Precipitated withdrawal isn't like something that delays the regular withdrawal. It in itself can speed it up. Is your concern that the buprenorphine, even though it initially threw you into PWD is just delaying your withdrawal? It's been, what 5 days? I don't think you're going to get worse. I think you'd be feeling worse by now. Worrying about it might just be the addicted part of your brain trying to rationalize picking up some dope. Hang in there <3

thank you, i really appreciate that. i cant believe i just went through all of that. im starting to feel like a human again but not the crazy voice in my head is just telling me to get a bag, i have a low tolerance, one hit wont bring it back, just one. everyone i know around me got clean, including the friends that introduced me to dope. ive already cut out all my dealers and deleted their numbers. my only hope of living a good life is believing that this monkey on my back is bad, when for my years of usage i had never seen an issue with it. thank you for the kind words though

my only hope of living a good life is believing that this monkey on my back is bad, when for my years of usage i had never seen an issue with it. thank you for the kind words though

I know it's not true that you've never seen an issue with it. Do you enjoy feeling dopesick? Did your time in jail have nothing to do with your drug habit? I suspect it's just your addiction trying to tell you that you never noticed any problems with your drug use. Don't listen to it. :)