• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kicking MS Contin with Kadian (ER morphine)

juke007

Greenlighter
Alrighty here goes, I'm an on/off casual opioid user/addict for the last 30 years. During the last two months I've managed to build up a 100mg /per day IV habit of the Hydro MS Contin capsules (the ones with the beads). I'm due to stop, simply fed up, but sort of panicking because I've had a couple of 24-36 hour long cold turkey episodes and they weren't fun (obviously), withdrawals usually start within 10 to 12 hours of the last IV hit. I've procured (black market) about 20 - 100mg. Kadian capsules (the extended release morphine that Canadian doctors have recently started prescribing patients to wean off their opiate habits).
Does anyone have experience using Kadian for this purpose?, I'm planning on going with 100mg taken orally every 18 to 24 hours and I'm really hoping that I can pull this off relatively pain free over the span of about 15 days.

Log acting morphine is pretty easy to taper with ive done it before. Go slow with it

DC -----> H&R
If I'm raising alarm bells, I am re-reading the forum guidelines. I am more specifically looking for an idea of what roughly equals the amount of 100mg of MS Contin compared to 100mg of Kadian and if it will suffice to keep at bay any major physical withdrawal symptoms while I slowly wean off over an approximate 12 to 14 day period. Apologies in advance if I'm breaking rules here, and will make the effort to not do so. I'm well aware that people cannot directly advise me as to what dosage I should be taking of the ER morphine.

If I'm raising alarm bells, I am re-reading the forum guidelines. I am more specifically looking for an idea of what roughly equals the amount of 100mg of MS Contin compared to 100mg of Kadian and if it will suffice to keep at bay any major physical withdrawal symptoms while I slowly wean off over an approximate 12 to 14 day period. Apologies in advance if I'm breaking rules here, and will make the effort to not do so. I'm well aware that people cannot directly advise me as to what dosage I should be taking of the ER morphine.
No alarm bells. Just thought it'd get more accurate coverage in a different sub forum. You're all good.

Hydromorphone is roughly 5 times more potent then morphine. However you want to use a good bit less then this just to be safe at first. Also morphine has more side effects then hydromorphone.

Well, an update for those interested. I was not entirely faithful to my program of weaning off with the Kadian and was crushing/injecting some towards the end...and sure as shit I ended up putting myself through a fairly severe 36-hour withdrawal that was worsening by the hour. I broke down and made a call for 25 x 4mg dilaudids and another 12 kadian to use after my dil's. Problem I've found with pure unadultered/uncontaminated pharmaceuticals is that the withdrawal is pure and severe enough if I've had a lengthy relapse; where I found with street heroin it was never really that bad of a time to kick. The few moments I had of severe withdrawals from heroin were at the start of my experimenting and recreational use with it. That was around 1992 when I haphazardly got a solid connection with the Vietnamese in Vancouver, BC. Wasn't even looking for a f/t dealer, but the friend who I was calling once or twice a week for a couple of points just said "here, I'm going to call now and introduce the two of you then have my connection's number, it'll be logistically easier for the both of us"...ffs. And this gear was the frikkin cat's meow, the missus and I called it "puke" because, of course after snorting a teeny tiny line we were upchucking our supper then nicely melting into the couch. It was this beige, granular stuff, just lovely, never had the opportunity to mainline it because I was snorting and chasing the dragon for awhile long enough that this "strain" wasn't on the market anymore by the time I had graduated to the syringe. So, anyway, here I go again, try another session to wean off, wish me luck, and all the best to everyone out there, stay safe.