• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kicking huge fentanyl habit with suboxone. My first post here!

metalman343

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. The reason i felt compelled to post about this is because after searching the internet for hours i have not found a case as bad as mine. When I say I had a very large fentanyl habit, I really do mean it. I was doing about a 1g of Acetyl Fent in 2-3 days. Or 100mg of Fentanyl HCL in 2-3 days. I know these amounts sound ridiculous to some of you but trust me, It happened to me. The reason being is I am able to get a steady supply of this stuff in powder form for very cheap. Just to give you an idea, on the days that i would run out of fent, even 25 bags of dope snorted wouldn't completely make me feel fine. I could have probably done 50 bags in one sitting and still not nod. That is how bad my tolerance had gotten from fentanyl. So this summer in a month i have to go to another country far away for 2 weeks of vacation. No way in hell im bringing fent with me. So i decided to get on suboxone yesterday. I have extensive experience with subs and good amount of scientific knowledge. I love researching about drugs and their mechanism of action. I knew i was going to need a very high dose of sub. And btw i do know that less is more with sub but you have to understand how high my tolerance is. Back in the day when I was doing just dope, 4mg of sub was plenty to induce. So on sunday nigh i did my final sprays of fent solution. This was after a week taper to get to half my regular dose of fent. Monday around noon i was ready for the sub. Definitely 26 on the cows score. I have had Precip WD before and believe me it is no fun. So at first i took 2mg, 30 mins later i did not feel any worse. maybe slightly better. So I knew that I could take more now. So I took another 6mg, waited 30 mins. felt just mildly better. Now im up at 8mg. I took another whole 8mg strip around 2pm, and that somewhat did the trick. My physical symptoms went to about 40%. Still definitely not normal. So thru-out the day i kept dosing 2mg as i need until i felt my leg cramps subside at 24mg total. I was actually able to get 30 mins of sleep here and there last night. That is a first for me on the first day of subs. Now it tuesday and my 2nd day of subs. I had to go to work today. It was very hard to get outta bed. I did another 8mg thru-out the early morning hours. and before work I took another 4mg at 8am. Now im sitting here with probably about 32mg of sub in my system. Thats the total amount I have taken since noon yesterday. I still have light chills and back ache. Absolutely no motivation. Cant even bend over to tie my shoes. Slight stomach pains also. Zero appetite. Im just sipping water to stay hydrated. This is the first time subs did not make me feel practically 100%. In the past i felt totally normal when i went on subs. So I know how bad my habit of fent had become. Im posting this to share in case there are others like me out there with insanely huge habits. I feel like when i was on fent, my spit could have been enough to OD an opiate naive person. lol. I know this is no joke. But Im trying to take it lightly as i feel horrible right now. Im ready to quit. Last summer I was completely clean for 3 months before I relapsed so this time hopefully I will quit and not relapse again as I now know to never again do the "just one dose wont do anything" bullshit. That sucks me back in every time. Admins, please move this to the correct forums if i screwed up. Thanks for reading.

I want to add to this that, i believe if i was in theater where the moscow hostage crisis took place where they supposedly pumped in some insanely strong analog of fentanyl, I think i would have probably just gotten a light nod at most. I find this funny now as I am shivering here at work on a total of 32mg of suboxone in the last 24 hours. My tolerance was f'd.

Are you serious? Omg those are insane doses of Fent. And if 32mg of sub ain't working your opiate tolerance is fucked. The only thing I can recommend is maybe try a high dose of methadone and see if that stabilize you better. Best of luck you can beat this

thats right!!! I will beat this. I know I can. I have been thru some insane withdrawals. So I really cant complain sitting here at work on 32mg of sub with no vomiting or shitting. No leg shakes. Just light chills and anxiety in my stomach. cant stay still. Just want to go lay in bed. So its like i have 10% of the WD symptoms. Most mental. The thing is at the moment I have only 20 8mg strips so I have to get down to 4mg a day asap! I mean im sure I can get more strips but if theres a chance I cant, I have to be ready to do a rapid taper. Im going on this vacation aug 3rd till 18th. So I have to have probably about 10 strips for that trip. By then I should be well under 8mg a day. I know that i cant expect to quit this hell with absolutely no pain. No pain no gain. So Im ready to start dropping my sub dosage and see what happens. Just for the first couple days im on this high of a dose to get stabilized and be able to come to work.

Just took another 2mg. Now im at around 35mg of sub in the last 24hours. Only symptoms are slight anxiety, minor RLS. Some minor chills here and there. I think im finally stable on the subs. The one way I can tell is, if i feel like playing video games at all then I am mostly out of WD. I feel like I could go home and play some Counter Strike Global Offense for a few hours. But who knows, i might get bored quick and just want to lay in bed. I will beat this. I think I might have the highest tolerance ever from all the forums ive read. I have not found a single person doing amount of fentanyl I was.

I feel so much better now. I can probably go down to 8mg a day very soon. And keep tapering from there on. Im curious, anyone else have an addiction and tolerance as bad as mine? I wonder if i am one of the worst in the world

I feel so much better now. I can probably go down to 8mg a day very soon. And keep tapering from there on. Im curious, anyone else have an addiction and tolerance as bad as mine? I wonder if i am one of the worst in the world

I have heard of second hand comments of people who claim to have been doing large amounts of fent. I know your looking for more direct experience but given the accessibility of fent and how cheap it is, I would suspect that this type of tolerance is at least an occurrence. I couldnt say if you were the highest, most likely not though just because of the number of people and the amount of fent in the world, but no one other then on this website and places like this will understand. Any clinic will have a hard time converting your status into one they can grasp, like bundles of dope or mg of oxy.

It sounds like you have it in you to get better thought. Good luck!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I do have it in me. I also love researching the neuroscience behind drugs so I am def well educated in this stuff.

I am feeling so much better today. Practically normal with just very slight lack of motivation. Nothing that blasting some music on headphones doesnt fix. I havent done that in years because being high on opiates didnt make me care for emotion of listening to music. I feel super emotional right now. That is to be expected tho. And i think i will be able to get by with only 8mg of sub today. Its amazing that i started first day with 32mg, 2nd day 16mg, and now 3rd day im on 8mg. Im very happy i was able to get down asap. I actually slept a full night last night. Woke up with sweaty bed sheets but thats to be expected as well.

I am feeling so much better today. Practically normal with just very slight lack of motivation. Nothing that blasting some music on headphones doesnt fix. I havent done that in years because being high on opiates didnt make me care for emotion of listening to music. I feel super emotional right now. That is to be expected tho. And i think i will be able to get by with only 8mg of sub today. Its amazing that i started first day with 32mg, 2nd day 16mg, and now 3rd day im on 8mg. Im very happy i was able to get down asap. I actually slept a full night last night. Woke up with sweaty bed sheets but thats to be expected as well.
I am so happy to hear this! You are doing great! Don't forget that every day will be easier and easier as you continue to taper. I got your PM but since I just replied to someone else a couple minutes before reading your message, I was not yet allowed to reply to you. Have to wait 180 minutes. The problem is, I did not "follow" the thread where I asked you for advice on tapering subs, so now I cannot see the reply you posted on the forum. I'm sure I'll eventually find it or more info on the same topic to make sure I am doing this right. I'm just too much of a baby to go through more suffering than I need to! My husband also hates it and feels helpless when there is nothing he can do for me when I go through w/d. I've heard sub w/d are the worst so since my last prescription has more than enough in it for me to taper, I will taper as slowly as I need to in order to avoid w/d. Thanks again for your help and keep up the great work on your end!

hey, ill post here what i said about subs in the other thread. I tried to explain how subs work and the concept behind it as simply as i could without getting too technical.

Here it is:

It is true that subs are a very powerful opiate mg per mg. But you have to understand its efficacy at the mu receptor is only 34% agonist activation. Compared to 75% of morphine and 77% of methadone. This is the reason why precipitated W//D happens. And so because of this lower activation, coming of an equa-dose of sub compared to another opiate with full agonism activation, the w/d will always be milder in comparison. Now there is also the halflife which sub has a long one. 37h. So that also stretches the w/d out making it less peaky (intense) but longer lingering. So when you take all of these into account, it is absolutely the perfect drug to taper off. But you ABSOLUTELY have to taper down. Jumping off at 8mg is like jumping off at 100mg off pure heroin. So no wonder it wont feel so great. But because of all the reasons i explained above, sub makes it incredibly easy to taper down to lower doses and let your body adjust correctly to the lower dose before tapering down to a new lower dose. This is key. There is no sense in rushing the taper. My method has been to taper initially fast like 16 to 12 to 8mg within a few days but then 8 to 4 takes a few days. And then once im at 4mg, every step takes much longer. I stay on 4mg for almost a week, then 3mg for almost a week, then 2mg for a week and then start going down in 0.25mg increments every other day and let your body tell you whether that new dose is too low. Any sort of yawning or chills, then go right back up to the previous dose and stay there for a few more days. The end of the taper is the most important part. This is also when we start to feel cocky as opiate addicts and think that we can just one time try out opiate of choice with the low dose of sub to see how it feels. Because surely the tolerance will be down. But trust me, this has 100% everytime led me back to addiction and i will never again do the just one time bs. You gotta understand when you get to doses of 2mg and under on sub, it seizes to block craving for other opiates. That is, the mental craving. At that point its all about will power. I wouldnt jump off subs until stable at 0.5-0.25 mg. 0.5mg will definitely have some w/d for a week, very light but some. 0.25 will be even better. Good Luck to you!

I'm new, but I had to share. I'm not sure what ever happened to the OP, but I want to let people know, who are in similar situations, that you don't need to be super afraid if your tolerance goes up that high. I've come off 32mg of fentanyl per day a few times. The key is to taper down!
It's actually not even that hard to taper quickly, uncomfortable but not that bad. I've jumped of off 16mg of fentanyl and that was hell. My chest felt like it was burning and the anxiety physically hurt. I wasn't able to eat a single thing for week, and I dint sleep for 5 days, but I got through it. So can you.
I just think you can taper and make it easier for yourself. Don't be overwhelmed by your tolerance. I once went to a doctor who told me I was lying about how much I was taking because I looked perfectly fine, and he said anyone using anywhere near that much should be in a coma. My pupils even reacted. People say stupid things when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Don't EVER be discouraged of trying to quit just because your tolerance is too high. It's no excuse to not fix yourself.

FUCK fentanyl. My fucking friend is about to order some and he has like no tolerance to opiates. I'm considering telling his parents at this point or sectioning him myself but I just don't even feel I can change his mind. Hes gonna kill himself.

Brother fuck buprenorphine. It's kinda useful in alleviating withdrawal symptoms but other than that it's a putrid drug. My doctor mate has been working in addiction treatment for thirty-odd years and he told me that some people simply function better with opiates in their system. And I don't mean for physical pain, I mean for psychological reasons. I function better, have more motivation, less anxiety, better cognitive reasoning ability, better organisational skills...the list goes on. And it's cause I'm on 50 mg a day of methadone. What I'm saying is if you struggle with opiates, there are other ways than abstinence or out-right addiction. A middle road exists. Complete abstinence is difficult, 'cause where do you draw the line? Lots of things are drugs. Obviously not a lot are opiates, but I mean this draconian American-pushed ideology about 'just say no' is nonsense.

Tell his parents ASAP. Fentanyl is NOT for the novice. I have a degree in chemistry and my buddy had a degree in pharmacology, which is why we even looked into the synthetic opioids. If your friend doesn't at least have some knowledge of dosing and measuring out doses with proper equipment, including standard errors, he has no business even being in the same room as Synthetic opioids. An opioid naive person can overdose just from the dust in the air opening a package.

Just so you understand where I came from, I didn't even look into fentanyl until I had a 200mg a day Oxy dependency.

Please save your friends life, tell someone, or convince him not to do it